Multitech Site Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  London27 October 2018
While working here I was fairly well paid. However the company seem to use this as an excuse to treat staff terribly!

Poorly run company who are terribly organised with office staff given preferential treatment over staff based on site.

Management are poor throughout, and backstabbing is actively encouraged in order for career progression. Managers are rude and are all too willing to dock wages. The managing director has a familiar management technique by which if you disagree with him in the most minor of ways he raises his voice and tries to intimidate to get his own way, with middle management following his example.

I took a pay cut to leave!

Would honestly never recommend to anyone
Pros
Fairly well paid
Cons
Everything else
Would give 0 stars
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow14 October 2018
Dingy office with rude staff, very cliquey. If you don't fit in, they push you out. Managers very unhelpful, belittling and patronising. Wouldn't recommend, very negative experience.
Good business to work for
Electrician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 April 2018
Good business to work for and well paid unlike some of the sharks in the electrical industry. Get on well with my supervisor who is always really helpful. Working on varied projects around central London and really enjoying time here and learning a lot.
Great training and big company
Electrician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2017
Good move joining this company got given good training on the equipment and tools to do the job. I like being trusted to get on with things but can ask for help. Other sparks are helpful. Management are easy to talk to and I enjoy working on big construction jobs round London. Nice to work for a big company and get paid on time.
Pros
Kept busy on big projects
Cons
Large sites have lots of rules
Poor company and horrible working conditions
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow4 April 2017
Worked there for 3 years. Heavy lifting everyday, bad pay, bad co-workers and office staff who seem to not care. Long days from early morning till late at night almost everyday.
Official response from Multitech Site Services Ltd
11 April 2017

We were understandably disappointed to discover this review and are perplexed; no Dunmow electricians had left the company within the three years preceding this review date.

The most recent coincidental departure to which can possibly attribute the above comments was following attention being drawn to a short-term member of staff's poor and frequently unreliable attendance, their productivity levels, overall negative attitude and being prone to making themselves uncontactable when not showing up for work.

In response to this review and for the benefit of anyone who has the opportunity of working for Multitech:

- Multitech provide thorough staff inductions and comprehensive training for all personnel and have done so since 1998
- Support is provided through our HR department, senior engineers, managers and experienced colleagues
- Prior to and at interview, it is made clear that equipment can be heavy and the electrical work is predominantly carried out on building sites
- All staff are full-time PAYE, receive above industry standard salaries plus a benefits package and ongoing training and skills development
- Multitech is a friendly, family run business with an embedded safety culture
- As with most businesses, working hours are often determined by client/customer requirements

Fantastic Company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  London20 March 2017
I needed to be in the UK and needed a job. Although a qualified electrician I knew nothing about temporary electrics before starting at Multitech and they trained me to be a temps electrician. Sadly after six months I had to return home. I’ll always be grateful for what they did for me not least of all giving me the added electrical skills and safety training that will help me get a job wherever I go.
Pros
Supportive and excellent training
Cons
Not allowed to smoke on project sites
Brilliant
Electrician (Current Employee) –  London, Essex12 March 2017
I have worked for Multitech for five years now, I have really enjoyed my time here, as they are a very honest reliable buisness. Great group of people.
Pros
Good hours, good pay
Fantastic company to work for
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Head office9 March 2017
As a previous employee from the administration side I would have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my time at multitech, the other staff are great and there is a real buzz around the place. However, the managers lack inspirational qualities and leadership and think a few doughnuts and fruit will hide the fact how low we are paid. But then again they do provide entertainment with flirting with each other and think no one has noticed. Also there is a lack of motivation through the teams. On the other hand they do care about your health, if you are lucky you can park about a 1/4 of a mile away from the office (as close as you can get if you start work after half 7) and can get your daily steps in. The on site parking is for senior managers or engineers so the office looks more important with their higher end cars parked out the front from the higher wages paid to those individuals. All in all a great company to work for if you like to feel under valued, under paid and over worked.
Pros
Doughnuts
Cons
The coffee is cheap
Friendly and Supportive
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunmow, Essex24 January 2017
Having worked at Multitech Site Services now for nearly 6 months, I feel colleagues and management are very helpful and friendly.

Always a "hello" in the corridor and everyone is happy to help.

When having some personal time off and also having to attend urgent healthcare appointments, it was dealt with by HR professionally and they were extremely understanding and caring.
Pros
Helpful, friendly, understanding and flexible
Cons
not much parking.
Forward-thinking business with commitment to staff development
Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Dunmow, Essex24 January 2017
Initially attracted to joining the business as a result of the company culture and commitment to staff development, both of which were widely spoken about during the recruitment process. It was a pleasure to see the extent in which this was in operation when I joined. Regular performance reviews, salary reviewed each year, funding assistance for training and commitment to internal staff progression. A professional, flexible company to work for.
Pros
Training and development, flexibility.
Official response from Multitech Site Services Ltd
16 March 2017

Thank you for your review. It’s always great to receive favourable reviews, but especially when our established staff-centric culture is recognised.

Modern company that encourages progression from within
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Head Office18 January 2017
Having worked at Multitech Site Services for over 10 years the company were very flexible and supportive upon my return from maternity leave allowing me to achieve a good work life balance. Salary reviewed every year, good benefits and training.
Pros
Progression, training and flexibility
Paying new and current employees unfairly
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow, Essex12 December 2016
The lack of loyalty to current employees was incredibly upsetting. As a loyal employee who was happy and exceeding all targets set for me, I was distraught when I noticed a difference in pay between myself and colleagues and the same job role being advertised online. New staff were being recruited on £2,000 more than most of the department was on despite the job title, requirements and tasks remaining the same. The procedure whenever there were issues with happiness was to introduce a non-monetary benefit to save the business money (Fresh fruit Monday, Doughnuts on a Friday and a new social area (All items recycled from MDs party/old house).
Dirty work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2015
Sent in at the deep end. waiting for materials all day, so slow i should have got them myself
Badly managed and badly paid.
Hire Controller (Current Employee) –  Great Dunmow, ENG10 September 2014
Always struggling to keep up, constant paperwork coming my way. Mismanged, decisions are changed constantly, mostly without informing people until its too late. Lots of silly mistakes being made all the time and no evolvement.
Pros
Free doughnuts on Fridays
Cons
Left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multitech Site Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Multitech Site Services Ltd Reviews by Location