Mulberry Management reviews

How people are still working for mulberry I’ll never know!
Craftsperson (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset1 November 2019
Worked at the Bridgwater factory as a crafts person. Stuck it out for a year but was so glad to get out. How people are still working for the company, I’ll never know. They don’t know what they are missing. Management don’t even care about you, only care about the products. Treat you like your at school and the manager walks round like the head mistress. If your talking you get told off. The pay is shocking for the amount the company makes. . I wouldn’t reccomend working for this company to anyone
Worst company I have ever worked for!!! Avoid at all cost!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Anglia3 September 2019
In my long working life, this was the worst experience of my career. I wish I had never accepted this position as the management - shop floor and head office are an absolute joke.

My store manager was inexperienced, sick more times than she worked and treated everyone with little to no respect. She expected everyone to work weekends except for herself, was rude, had no time to provide training or keep us up to date with products and most of the time we were walking on egg shells around her - when she was actually at work!

HR were just as bad as they were not prepared to listen to our concerns or help the store when the manager was continuously off due to sickness. We were expected to just get on with things with little to no support. We were short staffed as it was and expected to work way above our pay level with no thanks. Take my advice and seriously think twice before applying for a job here!
Good money but horrible place to work
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mulberry court14 July 2019
Never left alone, even when you're on holiday you get messages asking you to go into work. Manager is useless, she'll watch the staff struggle and still have her days off. Absolutely no teamwork they all moan about each other, not a nice place to work.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Manager does not care
Awful company to work for
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset10 May 2019
Ashamed to even be associated with this company ..animals get treated better that the people that work there .managment and supervisors and some team leaders are untrustworthy .underhanded bullies ..dont give a dam about health and saftey .free parties are just for managment to get totally plastered ..and abuse staff members then publically say sorry over factory tannoy ..turn blind eye to everything as long as the bags get produced ..quality is none existant mistakes get covered up ..this is usually done with a felt tip .fake stitches .polish and various other items.people who are trustworthy .honest.loyal take pride in there work.good timekeepers and who only want the best for the company are regularly dissmissed sacked disclipined bullied ..people who are consistantly on weekly basis .abuse the rules get promotion .pay rises..favouruitism is rife ..nobody is fairly treated ..its disgracful ..managment should be sacked and a new managment team found ..
Pros
Cons
Factory managment is shamful
Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England9 May 2019
Management is terrible. Bullied out of my job & complained to HR several times with complaints and had no response. This is an extremely bad company to work for. I would highly recommend to NOT do it
Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 April 2019
If I could give this company a 0 star I would
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England16 April 2019
I have never experienced such an awful working environment, I am embarrassed to say I ever worked for such an unprofessional and too faced management. Since leaving work I have suffered with mental health struggles due to the stress and bullying i experienced. Would suggest to anyone thinking of applying to this company to seriously second guess their decision as I can guarantee you will regret it. Unbelievably grateful to be out of such a toxic working environment and so happy I have seen the back of it.
Cons
A company who ought to be world class
Craftsperson (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater13 March 2019
When a new person joins the team, the company ought to provide proper training for the craft. The trainers seem to have been given the job purely on the length of time they have been with the company, rather than how skilled, knowledgeable and communicative they are. A new person is left to their own devices in order to practice for days on end, not proper hands on training with tips and confidence building.

The management, in turning a blind eye to bullying, is actually promoting the behaviour and it is now part of the culture.. A manager actually argued with me that what I endured and witnessed wasn't bullying. Persistent intimidation is bullying! There is a huge devide between management and the craftspeople. Management don't seem to understand what actually happens on the factory floor and in what order it takes to create a luxury bag.

One of the plus sides of working in the factory is that people come from all walks of life. This could be better utilised. People are not treated with respect. Ideas and observations are ignored by management. Craftspeople have come up with easier and quicker ways to produce the bags properly but management willfully won't listen. Some of the ways that issues are rectified undermines the fact that what is being created is a luxury item.

When there is a problem during production there isn't a manual or anything to refer to whatsoever to rectify the issue. There is little understanding of diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention.You would have thought a company as old as the 1970s, would have learnt lessons from past issues.
  more... Instead production stops whilst management flap their arms and panic.I witnessed production come to a standstill for 5 days because they could not find where the problem stemmed from.
I was also disgusted to find that there aren't more stringent rules on health and safety to do with hand washing. People will sneeze into their hands without washing them, using tissues or antibac. Therefore causing sick days. The Bradford Factor points system is used to deal with sick days. Which could mean that a person is penalised for picking up a virus. It would be better for management to deal with absenteeism on a one to one basis. A supervisor with a team of thirty people should be able to get to know the individual. Again this system provides a way out for not managing properly.

The work can be repetitive but every so often you get to work on a new bag, using new skills. This can inject a positive energy and buzz into the team. However it could also mean that you have to do a job that you are not particularly skilled in.You might even find that you have been moved to a different line altogether. People have left for this very reason.

There is a prevailing uneasy atmosphere that you can lose your job at any moment, no matter how well you have performed over the years, how many targets you have met, how skilled you are, how punctual and how respectful. The factory floor has endured huge culls and people still feel that their position with the company is a fragile one.

There is a huge focus on the Summer and Christmas parties. The money that is spent on these should go into wages instead. Particularly as the people that work in the factory socialise a lot together anyway.
Pros
Working with a large team
Cons
Extremely poor management for a company that deserves better
Horrible place to work. Awful Management.
Craftsperson (Former Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset5 March 2019
Honestly avoid this place. The majority of people who work alongside you are an absolute disgrace. Bullying is a daily occurrence, and the management don't have a clue what they are doing. No career progression whatsoever and the rate of pay is very poor. Luckily i left for a superior company who value their staff and treat them very well. Whoever recommends this company as a good place to work are as deluded as the management.
Pros
Cons
Awful Management. Horrible Staff. Filthy working conditions. No progression. Poor pay.
Low payed factory work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset15 February 2019
Sooooo much potential but ended up being a dead end factory job. Turn up every day and do same thing all day. Ask to do something different and they say we'll see.
Pros
Day working with half day friday. Cheap Handbags {faulty}. Free Fruit. Not a lot else.
Cons
Manageress spies on people in full view of everybody else, Constant nick picking, Morale is low, Low pay, Favour family workers over individuals, Relations of management get away with murder
Terrible place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  January30 December 2018
Not the best place to work underpaid , management poor , not supportive and treated badly and not given support or progress ,
Very bad team management as not treated as a valued member of staff but treated as just a number
Pros
Cons
Long hours minimum wage
Great discount, poor management
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  York Outlet28 December 2018
The area manager doesn't seem to listen to a word that anyone has to say, we were often sent poor stock and expected to sell it like someone would in a full price store. Discounts are good, but the pay is so poor that you struggle to afford to buy anything! Commission rarely reached more than £150 a month for the majority of the year, and the store was extremely quiet from Jan-July.
It was clear there was no progression within the company, and they'll happily stab you in the back if it means they can have a new face in store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
poor pay, awful management, poor stock, long days
chilcompton
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset17 June 2018
if your ever offered a job at Mulberry think twice, management are the worsed i have ever worked with they are so full of themselves they give no support to staff and show no compassion when you have a problem. i gave a 100% every day i worked for them and ended up being treated so badly by them , i was signed off work for depression. thankly i have found another job where staff are treated well , and i can forget about the job that ment so much to me but was destroyed by awful management.
Pros
Cons
bad management
Great training and understanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 March 2018
I leant a great deal whilst with this company as they offered a great amount of support from both H/O and management.
A company that understand their staff and work life balance.
Mulberry Chilcompton
Stitcher (Former Employee) –  Chilcompton, Somerset28 January 2018
This factory was one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management was awful. The employees there go out of there way to make you feel uncomfortable in your work environment.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Not a positive place to work.
Craftperson (Current Employee) –  Somerset5 January 2018
Doing the same job all the time. Very repetative and tedious. Management don't care about staff or the product.
Feedback only when there is an issue with work, never when a good job has been done.
Nasty supervisors.
Pay is not enough for the job.
Very loud place to work also.
Pros
£20 Bags
Cons
Repetative. Management.
Terrible, they dont care about their staff
retail (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 March 2017
I have never worked for such a volatile company, All they do is cater for the higher up employees and wish to have the retail staff working as slaves and hiring terrible people for management roles with no qualifications.
Pros
discount
Cons
stuck up staff
Demanding workplace, highly stressful however many unique skills to be learnt
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater22 January 2017
I advanced my sewing skills here but the people that I had to work with (ignorant and not very educated) I never want to do again. The management were very uninvolved also.
Mulberry
SALES ASSISTANT- CHESHIRE OAKS (Former Employee) –  Cheshire9 January 2017
Company:
Good pay, looked after their staff, company have however lost their way slightly.

Store:
Team was great!
Product was Lovely!
Management was not. Left the company to seek progression would never had gotten within the store.
Little or no benefits
Craftsperson (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater19 October 2016
Very long day, learn to take s**t from above, management, least said the better,some wasters, hardest part is doing a good days work for NO reward, there''s nothing enjoyable about mulberry
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, disgustingly low wages, worked like dogs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mulberry. Our community is ready to answer.