Mulberry

Mulberry Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Good Experience
Nice place to work, friendly people.
Client support Catering staff all the time when they need.

sometime busy, sometime quite, depends of period of year.
fast, stressful and boring
Working at mulberry was stressful, no break, no able to sit for 12 hours straight, boring, no help from other employs, terrible managing, badly organized.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no food, no help, stressful, boring
Like a Chinese Sweatshop. No Progression & Hilariously Pathetic Pay Rates
Treated like Slaves with very poor pay, but most of Mulberry’s staff deserve it due to the immense amount of bullying they inflict on others. Over time all the decent people leave and your left working side by side with absolute scregs of society. Disgusting working conditions with no ventilation. Supervisors are just glorified know nothing production workers and the higher management is non existent. They lie on the Factory Tours about being environmentally friendly and green when in fact everything just gets dumped in a skip out the back ready for Landfill. The wages are hilariously bad. Offering a 70p bonus for being worked like animals hitting unrealistic targets to justify paying minimum wage. Im now earning a much higher salary than i did with these clowns. Its quite fitting the factory is right next to a pig farm because this company really is S***
Pros
Cons
Awful pay, worked like animals, No progression, Stinks of S*** as factory is next to a pig farm, bullying is a constant occurance.
Run away
If you are not related to anyone who works for them you will get brushed to the side and never taken seriously
Manager is vile and no chance of progress

Would not wish them on my worst enemy
Not worth it
I cannot recommend anyone to work for this company, as it encourages animal cruelty just for the sake of appearance. It is a vile and unnecessary exploitation.
Poor Poor well established company! AVOID AT ALL COST!!
Terrible team at Mulberry Birmingham John Lewis. No values shared within the team now, it’s a completely different place to how it started out and was there for over 3 years. Inadequate management and unprofessional team. Do not trust them they will do nothing to protect you! AWFUL AWFUL company. Over 3 people have left due to effects on their mental health !!!!
Pros
Pay is average, provide uniform and ok benefits
Cons
Unprofessional corrupt team members, inadequate management on ALL levels.
good teamwork and fun work place
I have been worked at Heathrow Mulberry nearly 5 years. I did learned in depth about highest quality customer service, teamwork, Sale skills and products of Mulberry. I have a training every week. I am the only member of staff able to converse fluently in Chinese and Japanese. I felt that is a very enjoyable work place.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Constantly trying to manipulate staff who aren’t family members by the ones who are family members.. you’ll be there for years & they lll make you think your getting somewhere when infact you’re no where near.. management don’t like anyone after the first 2 weeks. One of the previous managers used to take drugs in the toilet
Lovely brand to work for
Lovely, luxury brand to work for. Good staff benefits, in house progression and atmosphere to work in. Good level of training and management contact.

Really nice company to work for.
How people are still working for mulberry I’ll never know!
Worked at the Bridgwater factory as a crafts person. Stuck it out for a year but was so glad to get out. How people are still working for the company, I’ll never know. They don’t know what they are missing. Management don’t even care about you, only care about the products. Treat you like your at school and the manager walks round like the head mistress. If your talking you get told off. The pay is shocking for the amount the company makes. . I wouldn’t reccomend working for this company to anyone
The overall 9 years I worked for Mulberry, I enjoyed the workplace.

I started off as a packer and worked my way up over the years to a quality inspector then to a materials coordinator.

The environment was friendly and comfortable to work in but stressful at times.
Worst company I have ever worked for!!! Avoid at all cost!!
In my long working life, this was the worst experience of my career. I wish I had never accepted this position as the management - shop floor and head office are an absolute joke.

My store manager was inexperienced, sick more times than she worked and treated everyone with little to no respect. She expected everyone to work weekends except for herself, was rude, had no time to provide training or keep us up to date with products and most of the time we were walking on egg shells around her - when she was actually at work!

HR were just as bad as they were not prepared to listen to our concerns or help the store when the manager was continuously off due to sickness. We were expected to just get on with things with little to no support. We were short staffed as it was and expected to work way above our pay level with no thanks. Take my advice and seriously think twice before applying for a job here!
Very fast paced workplace
Mulberry was by far my best place to work so far although i left, i had a different view from my Manager how to move the department forward. I still look back with nostalgia .
Pros
Friendly staff/managers
Cons
No canteen
Good money but horrible place to work
Never left alone, even when you're on holiday you get messages asking you to go into work. Manager is useless, she'll watch the staff struggle and still have her days off. Absolutely no teamwork they all moan about each other, not a nice place to work.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Manager does not care
Awful company to work for
Ashamed to even be associated with this company ..animals get treated better that the people that work there .managment and supervisors and some team leaders are untrustworthy .underhanded bullies ..dont give a dam about health and saftey .free parties are just for managment to get totally plastered ..and abuse staff members then publically say sorry over factory tannoy ..turn blind eye to everything as long as the bags get produced ..quality is none existant mistakes get covered up ..this is usually done with a felt tip .fake stitches .polish and various other items.people who are trustworthy .honest.loyal take pride in there work.good timekeepers and who only want the best for the company are regularly dissmissed sacked disclipined bullied ..people who are consistantly on weekly basis .abuse the rules get promotion .pay rises..favouruitism is rife ..nobody is fairly treated ..its disgracful ..managment should be sacked and a new managment team found ..
Pros
Cons
Factory managment is shamful
Awful place to work
Management is terrible. Bullied out of my job & complained to HR several times with complaints and had no response. This is an extremely bad company to work for. I would highly recommend to NOT do it
Very bad communication
Don't work here if you actually want to be acknowledged by your managers. And don't work here if you want to the help you or to even see them.
Was very excited to work with such an "amazing" company.

But the moment I started I hated the job. It was also in a concession; so I imagine working in a store is better.

However the huge lack of communication is something I just could not stand.

Very, very disappointing.

Pay isn't very good, nor are the chances for holiday.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not a professional company
Awful place to work
If I could give this company a 0 star I would
I have never experienced such an awful working environment, I am embarrassed to say I ever worked for such an unprofessional and too faced management. Since leaving work I have suffered with mental health struggles due to the stress and bullying i experienced. Would suggest to anyone thinking of applying to this company to seriously second guess their decision as I can guarantee you will regret it. Unbelievably grateful to be out of such a toxic working environment and so happy I have seen the back of it.
Fun for retail
Working as a sales associate was was pretty fun at Mulberry. The team were friendly and the work is very simple as long as you give it a chance. The pay gets better the longer you have been with the company. Amazing discount and further discount on sample sales which happen often. For someone who wants retail experience in a calm environment this is the perfect company.
Pros
good discount, friendly team
Cons
cut down of breaks
A company who ought to be world class
When a new person joins the team, the company ought to provide proper training for the craft. The trainers seem to have been given the job purely on the length of time they have been with the company, rather than how skilled, knowledgeable and communicative they are. A new person is left to their own devices in order to practice for days on end, not proper hands on training with tips and confidence building.

The management, in turning a blind eye to bullying, is actually promoting the behaviour and it is now part of the culture.. A manager actually argued with me that what I endured and witnessed wasn't bullying. Persistent intimidation is bullying! There is a huge devide between management and the craftspeople. Management don't seem to understand what actually happens on the factory floor and in what order it takes to create a luxury bag.

One of the plus sides of working in the factory is that people come from all walks of life. This could be better utilised. People are not treated with respect. Ideas and observations are ignored by management. Craftspeople have come up with easier and quicker ways to produce the bags properly but management willfully won't listen. Some of the ways that issues are rectified undermines the fact that what is being created is a luxury item.

When there is a problem during production there isn't a manual or anything to refer to whatsoever to rectify the issue. There is little understanding of diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention.You would have thought a company as old as the 1970s, would have learnt lessons from past issues.
 - more...
Pros
Working with a large team
Cons
Extremely poor management for a company that deserves better