Muji

Muji Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
I enjoyed my time here with this company as they gave me opportunities for work growth with alot of support and guidance. This was a very enthusiastic place to work, the company have a huge passion for their products and it was great to share this with our customers and the team to develop further product knowledge. Overall a fun caring place to work with great products that you love to talk about.
The pay is really low for the amount of work you do, and it can get boring at times. Great locations around London. Management is terrible. The only good thing, plenty of fun people to work with.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, poor management.
Strong team, positive environment that reflected the product itself. I would work there again if i ever needed to. I promote this company, its values as well.
I've had a great experience working at MUJI, but the payment is ridiculous. They have to raise the salaries, otherwise they can't keep good workers...
great products and friendly staff. Promotes from within the company and is very supportive.
Only problem is pay isn't very good for the london area.
Working for Muji is one of my fondest memories where i met some amazing people and friends for life. Taught me alot about customer service.

Days always varied from stock checks top making sure displays looked good to selling fashion to kitchen equipment.
Pros
great people and a great company
Cons
everyone there always wanted to party, so never saved any money.
It was a nice experience to join the team in MUJI Guildford, offered a good training at MUJI Head Office in London. I learned so many new things about Japanese culture, MUJI's products, etc. However, long working hours, members in management team not listening to staff's opinions.
Pros
staffs are friendly
Cons
Long hours working
I have learned great visual merchandising advice from my previous assistant manager. It was great being part of a fun and fantastic team, and also it was the most collaborative team I have joined so far.
Pros
An hour for lunch time
Cons
Possibly the worst place I have ever worked for. The staff are paid minimum wage yet expected to give the highest level of customer service at all times, take part in regular 'tests' and basically work themselves into the ground. Staff turnover was shocking, I can't even count the amount of new colleagues I saw come and go in the space of a year. The management have no interest in the staffs needs and interests, it was a struggle just to get a weekend off now and again or leave a little early so I could take an evening class. Unless you've got pretty thick skin and lots of energy, I would recommend you avoid this place like the plague!!!
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
Long hours, overworked, uncaring managers
MUJI is a multinational retail company that develops their own branded products to sell exclusively in their stores. MUJI has around 300 stores in Japan and in 15 different countries worldwide which UK has 18 store that turns over 27 million pounds yearly. MUJI brand is rated the top 50 cool brands worldwide and products have won many design award such as the recent 5 golden award given by the International Forum Design in 2006.

I have managed a store with a team of 30 staffs and turn over of more than 3 million pounds yearly.

Responsibilities:

● Store operation to be conducted in an organised, efficient and effective manner with good forward planning to ensure the smooth running of staff and procedures.

● Commercial awareness of the store and company sales, targets and budgets with the ability to analysis and adjust accordingly where needed to optimise sales opportunity.

● Provide training for all staff within store in procedures, customer service, visual and managerial skills.

● Recruiting suitable candidates for the needs of the business that fits into company culture for varies sales, management and visual positions.

● Motivating the team with varies ways such as recognition and reward and communicating with the team to ensure all members are pulling in the same direction to meet store objectives.

● Monitoring staff performance including attendance, punctuality conduct and where needed to take appropriate action to make improvements.

● Administrations work involves producing reports for sales and operation projects alongside with routine paperwork such as
 - more...
Pros
Good Staff Benifits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Muji?
Muji has a friendly atmosphere, both with customers and staff. We have a loyal customer base with a wide age range. A typical day at work starts with replenishment of stock, then after an hour of organising the store we focus on customer service whilst maintaining store standards throughout the day. Some staff may be required to change a bay according to plan, others stay around the till area or at the front door greeting customers.
Customer orders are checked, and deliveries are organised for people who wish to purchase large furniture items. If working in fashion, whoever is in that zone has to make sure all items are neatly folded, and with household and stationary- organised.

By the end of the day all bins must be checked, and taken out. Management will delegate and assign staff members to particular zones, whilst controlling till float and organising lunches and breaks. Our team are like a family, and we work together to drive sales and deliver a great customer experience.

The hardest part of the job is multitasking between customer enquiries, queue management, and phone and store orders. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to all of our regular customers.
Pros
Friendly, openminded staff and management
Cons
Low wages, late running shifts