Muffin Break

Muffin Break Employee Reviews

worse place ive worked
Counter assistant/Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside9 February 2020
treatment of staff was appalling i would never go back to that place even if the devil appeared holding my cat hostage and the only way i would get him back was to work at muffin break absolutely not worth it.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Great place to work!
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk28 January 2020
Muffin break is a great place to work! The environment is fast-paced- there is always something to do, which keeps you busy. The staff are really friendly too! I have definitely learnt a lot. I would recommend working here
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  England9 January 2020
Terrible franchise owner.
Doesn’t care about the staff or their welfare, very rude, expects staff to work for a ridiculously low wage.
I was u get paid every month by sometime over £150.
No contracts. I was fired for refusing to cancel a holiday which I had booked off in my interview!! Didn’t even have the professionalism to do it face to face. I was emailed and told I was now banned!
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
Fast pace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford2 January 2020
Discount when working
Friendly manger was fair. The job is rewarding there are rules to follow as you would get in any job.
It's fast pace at times but the hours are very flexible. The town centre runs s discount program for car park also the cafe gives discount for food and drinks while on shift
Poor work to home ballance
Baker (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear28 December 2019
If you don't do things the way they want you won't last best the 3 month trial you can only interact with customers if you are on the till/coffee machine or taking there food to them
You make coffee & serve food.
Barista (Former Employee) –  London23 December 2019
You brew coffee. serve pastries & make sure the customer is happy. There is nothing else to describe so I will proceed to type until the minimum word count is reached
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salary
I did not have a good experience overall with muffin break
Assistant Manager / Full-time baker (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne16 December 2019
The whole time I was there I was bullied to lied to and nothing was done until I left and most definitely the problem has not been solved.
There was never really any opportunity to earn more money and as a result I could afford any of my essential eg car, car insurance and cost of living
Supportive managers
Cafe Assistant/Barista (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport7 December 2019
Really nice staff and the manager/owner has been incredibly supportive and flexible giving me time off then giving me more hours when I needed them. I am so grateful to them for helping me.
The store is busy and there is always lots to do which I love as everyone gets along with each other and we all just muck in to get everything done.
Hard work but fun and enjoyable
Barista (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport7 December 2019
I enjoy working here and have learnt to bake muffins and cakes, make coffees and I have made some great friends.

It is a great place to work when you have good co-workers with you, if you have bad co-workers with you then it can be stressful and hard work, thankfully the team we have now are all really hard workers so the job is a lot easier as everyone helps each other wherever needed to get the job done.
Wouldnt recommend
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport3 December 2019
Terrible management! Created a very hostile environment which made it extremely hard to work in, and no matter how hard you work it doesnt seem to be good enough. The staff turnover rate seems to be rather high and its no wonder.
Terrible
Chef barista (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 December 2019
Terrible franchise owner.

Would take the tips not give them to the hardworking staff
Worst Manager in History
Server (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport2 December 2019
I’ve never felt more attacked by management in any job role I’ve ever worked. He only seems to employ young females he can make feel uncomfortable and anxious.
When he’s in a bad mood, the whole shift is ruined. Unfortunately no matter how hard the staff around him work, if he’s not happy he takes it out on staff. Has said he doesn’t like serving people, so just doesn’t. Makes the whole job not worth attending. I couldn’t stay in such a harsh environment.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Overgate dundee23 November 2019
Love my job at muffin break
manager, area manger and owner are all really supportive and really friendly and there are so many opertunites in muffin break from being a a Baker to being a superviser and/or assistant manager
No experience is needed either and you are trained in every part of the job that you like
Hard work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London13 November 2019
I was excited about this job but just didnt like the whole set up. Staff were too gossipy and young. Shop too smaĺl, everyone in everyones face. 7am start was just not for me. I quit after 4 weeks.
Horrible place to work .
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington galleries4 November 2019
Don't work here at washington ! You are treated appalling they will never keep decent staff spoke to like a child and after 3 shifts decided that was enough ! No routine what so ever place is totally disgusting .
Awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Banbury17 October 2019
They have Awful people skills within the company, as well as a lack of training for the job in hand. There is no concern for team morale or individual happiness
Terrible place to work! Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport14 October 2019
Working at this store was absolute torture. I was made to nearly cry every shift from the manager. I was treated poorly and was never appreciated for my work. I was always talked down to and made to feel uncomfortable by the manager. He mistreated me and took all anger out on me. I wasn’t sent me on break until there was 2 hours left of my shift. I wasn’t supported or had much training as the manager couldn’t be bothered .
Worst place ever
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath11 October 2019
Management put too much stress on staff. Other members of staff are rude and just bully’s. Cut hours without any notice or reason why. Would not work here if it was my only option
Productive work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex11 October 2019
I am enjoying working at Muffin Break as my colleges are very friendly. However, I believe that I am unfairly paid for my work standard due to my age. I think they should have raised my pay since I have been working here for a year now.
Good job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge5 October 2019
Good hours, good job, nice experience, helpful office staff, contracted hours, compatitive salary, very good for fresh starters and experienced people as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Muffin Break. Our community is ready to answer.