Moy Park Employee Reviews

I never go back.
Process Controller (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne9 November 2018
I don't like this job. Team been angry. In this Moy park been really cold.
You need to be hard worker if you wanna work in this chicken factory.
And you will get minimum wage.
Dump
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, Derbyshire7 November 2018
Bad place to work especially if you are of british nationality. Do the work of 3 people but get paid 1 wage. Management are rude. 11 hour shift 35 minutes break.
Pros
Leaving
Line sift
Liner (Former Employee) –  Dungannon, County Tyrone28 September 2018
Was good but was to cold, was really good colective but the biggest problem was to cold , even summers or winters i was washing my hand with hot water couldnt fell anything
Demanding work place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincoln27 September 2018
During my time as a team leader i have learned to plan a whole day of intensive food production,i have learned how to manage people(having a team of 24 members each day,having to push them harder and yet maintain a good relationship).Having to deal with targets, daily machinery problems , staffs inability to perform at times,all have teached me how to deal with stress,that is what i consider to be the hardest part. But there is the most enjoyable part when at the end of the shift i look on my numbers and see that i have done over target and i thank to every person in my staff for they'r effort.
Pros
Easy to climb the ladder
Cons
Stressfull at times
productive
Production Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire27 September 2018
horrible place to work, not enough money not even minimum wage, people are treaten like slaves, no respet at all to others, long working hours without giving any notice
Low level jobs with really low people, mostly.
Line worker/Servicer (Former Employee) –  Anwick, Lincolnshire23 September 2018
The work is not horrible.
There are really nice people around to help out.
The biggest problem are people that have low education, extremely rude, extremely confrontational and mentality to bully.
Miserable & mind numbing place to work.
Production Operative/Hygeine Operative (Former Employee) –  Portadown7 September 2018
This is one of the worst places i have ever worked. The level of English from the majority of employees is soo broken it is almost non-existent. Failure to make transfers for my work quality to improve was blatanly refused at every request.
Pros
N/a
Cons
treated like nothing but a number.
produtive and profitable
Operative warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne4 September 2018
it was a good and clarifing expirience that a enginner will like and travel with the team was amazing the frames and construtures we make are amazing....
Great company
none (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh10 August 2018
I did worked before..was better...5 years ago..worst..people screaming with you..(managers)
If you speak your opinion..(they wil not like it)
Then they wil make your life bad
Pros
I have made great friends
Cons
Depends of the area you are working
Best factory i have worked in
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Dungannon7 August 2018
The management is good if you have a local manager, as some are from other country's and tend to try to run the local ones and make them do all the work while they stand talking. I enjoyed working there and would go back there again.
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Dungannon18 July 2018
Controlling are not netral are to long hours they are not work together in line employ are fight in line . Hours for break diferent we can't get experience there
Cons
I cant
Chicken factory
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne10 June 2018
Working an a production line, packing whole chickens as well as different parts of chickens.Staff and management were friendly and helpful. Workplace culture was high.
Pros
not very heavy job
Cons
Cold
productive and disciplinary workplace
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Anwick, Lincolnshire5 June 2018
I like to work here as o like the job i am doing. (hanging birds)
Since i work here i have learned what discipline is and how long are the days sometimes. The hardest part of this job is to wake up in the morning, but the situation change when i am allready at work and i do not realise how tired i am.
Pros
Expensive lunches
Cons
Long days
Fun to work for and friendly employees
Process Operative (Former Employee) –  Craigavon4 June 2018
A day at work consisted of working on a line as part of a team to ensure chicken was produced and packaged for supermarkets on time. I learned that teamwork is very important in the workplace and fast working is beneficial. The management was okay and I got on with my superiors, The hardest part of the job was that if I ever made a mistake, the rest of the line would fail, luckily I didn't make many. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and talking to other staff in the workplace.
Pros
High pay
staff can be good fun
Charge Hand (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland24 May 2018
managers and HR treat weekly paid worker unfairly , hours are terrible and breaks are not what you would expect. training is terrible and safety is zero
Good craic with operatives, awful management!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh24 May 2018
Worked various jobs in different departments over four years of service. Enjoyed working with food production machinery the most.

Hardest part was being on a production line doing with no change overs doing the same product all of the shift.

Pay was alright but can get much more in another factory for the same level of job.

Different pay grades for different jobs, with some having more responsibility than others.

Pretty busy around summer/xmas time so kept on my feet around seasonal peak times. A good bit of overtime around them periods too.

Many different nationalities so a level of patience and understanding is needed at times. Mostly friendly atmosphere among operatives, had some great laughs.

Most of management and others in positions of authority are biased, lack logic and reason, self contradictory, inconsiderate, aggressive and have been known the prey on and bully the weak. Unable to use effective communication at work! It is amazing how a job title and the color of a hair net can manipulate a person into thinking that they can treat and talk to people how they feel and require those around them to worship them as gods!

Work life balance was good for full time workers. Temps treated like dirty and too much was expected of them at times!

Canteen was clean, food was good and affordable.

Factory shop was great used to get a really good deal on chicken for a fiver!

Free turkey and xmas dinner in December.

Breaks needed to be longer! By the time you got your PPE off it was time to come back and then you were punished for being a few mins
  more... late.

In my department the toilets were regularly cleaned and pretty modern, but other department were disgusting and needed a severe upgrade!

Absence trigger system unfair at times, needs more thought!
Pros
Cheap tasty canteen food, good factory shop, good craic with operatives, good work life balance for full time operatives.
Cons
Awful management, breaks not the best, pay is not the best for certain responsibilities, absence trigger system unfair at times, toilets in some departments absolutely disgusting!
Intense and desmotivating
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dungannon21 May 2018
Management is very poor in terms of building a relation between them and the employees. There is no motivation to work in this factory. There is no effort to retain their employees.
fun and a productive working enveronment
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom14 May 2018
Being a manufacturing company, the thought we are going to manufacture another product today worth looking forward to each day, so it was a good feelings each day to go to work. And l had a great teams to work with too.
Pros
lunch meals was at a great discount to all the staffs.
Cons
long hours but was well compensated
factory op
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire30 April 2018
good company to work for,but not through an agency,it was varied work as u didnt know where you would be working till u got to work.if there was no work u would be sent home.
Pros
good pay
Cons
as stated above
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chillstore13 April 2018
No thank you , long shifts rundown working environment, toilet facilities substandard, company culture all about targets, at any cost would find it hard to add anything positive about this company,they could not even sign up to the government cycle to work scheme
Pros
Distance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moy Park. Our community is ready to answer.