Moy Park Employee Reviews

Miserable & mind numbing place to work.
Production Operative/Hygeine Operative (Former Employee) –  Portadown7 September 2018
This is one of the worst places i have ever worked. The level of English from the majority of employees is soo broken it is almost non-existent. Failure to make transfers for my work quality to improve was blatanly refused at every request.
Pros
N/a
Cons
treated like nothing but a number.
Best factory i have worked in
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Dungannon7 August 2018
The management is good if you have a local manager, as some are from other country's and tend to try to run the local ones and make them do all the work while they stand talking. I enjoyed working there and would go back there again.
Chicken factory
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne10 June 2018
Working an a production line, packing whole chickens as well as different parts of chickens.Staff and management were friendly and helpful. Workplace culture was high.
Pros
not very heavy job
Cons
Cold
Good craic with operatives, awful management!
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh24 May 2018
Worked various jobs in different departments over four years of service. Enjoyed working with food production machinery the most.

Hardest part was being on a production line doing with no change overs doing the same product all of the shift.

Pay was alright but can get much more in another factory for the same level of job.

Different pay grades for different jobs, with some having more responsibility than others.

Pretty busy around summer/xmas time so kept on my feet around seasonal peak times. A good bit of overtime around them periods too.

Many different nationalities so a level of patience and understanding is needed at times. Mostly friendly atmosphere among operatives, had some great laughs.

Most of management and others in positions of authority are biased, lack logic and reason, self contradictory, inconsiderate, aggressive and have been known the prey on and bully the weak. Unable to use effective communication at work! It is amazing how a job title and the color of a hair net can manipulate a person into thinking that they can treat and talk to people how they feel and require those around them to worship them as gods!

Work life balance was good for full time workers. Temps treated like dirty and too much was expected of them at times!

Canteen was clean, food was good and affordable.

Factory shop was great used to get a really good deal on chicken for a fiver!

Free turkey and xmas dinner in December.

Breaks needed to be longer! By the time you got your PPE off it was time to come back and then you were punished for being a few mins
  more... late.

In my department the toilets were regularly cleaned and pretty modern, but other department were disgusting and needed a severe upgrade!

Absence trigger system unfair at times, needs more thought!
Pros
Cheap tasty canteen food, good factory shop, good craic with operatives, good work life balance for full time operatives.
Cons
Awful management, breaks not the best, pay is not the best for certain responsibilities, absence trigger system unfair at times, toilets in some departments absolutely disgusting!
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chillstore13 April 2018
No thank you , long shifts rundown working environment, toilet facilities substandard, company culture all about targets, at any cost would find it hard to add anything positive about this company,they could not even sign up to the government cycle to work scheme
Pros
Distance
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, Derbyshire9 April 2018
The hardest part of the job was late nights and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting stuck into the work, i learned working in a team is better then working on your own
Hard and not that Great
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Grantham9 April 2018
In a typical day i would normally be left alone for a couple of hours then be left alone to do the job of about 3 people and got told off when i couldn't do it the environment was not fun and rather bleak,
Pros
Good money (Kinda)
Cons
Long hours, mind numbing
It's not bad place for first time :)
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Anwick, Lincolnshire23 March 2018
I work about a half year in this company, its my first job in UK. This job is monotonous. For me its cold place, because work is connected with food. And maybe its not my dream job :)
fun but hard
Chicken meat (Former Employee) –  cant remember9 February 2018
got fired for not stating i had a disabilaty. Got sent to one place to the other altho i shud have been working at one place from the start not werry nice coworkers
Pros
non
Chicken factory
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne5 February 2018
I worked before there cleaning and i was there on the line separating and picking chicken file!Every second weekend i worked 12 hours!I gone to the factory with bus
Moy park
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim24 January 2018
This place has left thousands mentally ill and has traumatised the rest, if you work in this place and like it then I think you also need an appointment with your GP...
Pros
Floor manager
Not a good place to work or else ur from another country
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh5 January 2018
Work here and was treated like a piece of dirt. Got bullied by other workers and if I said anything I was racist but the fact was they were racist. They would talk in their own language and start pointing and laughing which wasn't nice. And I wasn't the only one it has happened too ( I know another few white people working in there now and it's still happening) . So they would need to treat everyone the same.
Cons
Poor management
great place to work
AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Anwick, Lincolnshire24 December 2017
great place to work, hour rate needs looking at, staff friendly and a pleasure to work with. continuously improving facilities throughout the company.
Great hours!
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, Derbyshire12 December 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. The site is divided by a road making basic tasks difficult. You might as well be dealing with another site!
The new management are progressive and forward thinking but there is a lot of old timers unwilling to adapt and change. There has been some negative publicity regarding the chicken processing industry and this site is no better than them.
There was no training and the salary was poor. Recruitment is a real struggle due to the location and the money offered.
Pros
Office hours...early finish Friday
Cons
No training
Hard job
Fresh Foods Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sleaford4 December 2017
all the time you staying in cold appartments and touching a frozen chikens, after every work day my hands get so big pain. Just one good thing what u get this is good shift , by working 12 hour in a day after 2 working days u get 2 off days so thats shift was a great thing in this job ,
Pros
no free lunches
Good Team poor management
Hygiene Operative (Former Employee) –  Grantham19 November 2017
Poor management , good place but management is not great. Not great salary. Hard physical job but I liked it . Didnt get on with management that is the reason why I left.
Very good factory
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh15 November 2017
I work in Moy park since 2007 until present. It's a good place to work. They update information about health and safety. They have good communication with the employers.
Pros
Small time to break
Cons
Good comunication
Not a bad place
Operations Team Lead/ Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Anwick6 November 2017
Okay place to work dependant on the position that you are in. My section are friendly, pull together as a team to get the job done. My team will put in the overtime and go the extra mile should it be needed.
alnwick lincoln
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire25 October 2017
I work night shift
five day per week
I work in a freezer line
I work in the line froze the chicken especially the drumstick legs and the other way to manage it put in the box send to the line and wrap box and then put it on the pallet.
animal welfare
worked in frozen
hanging on chicken
Pros
15 menit
Cons
30 menit
Calm and friendly work envoiroment
Chargehand / line leader (Current Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh23 October 2017
I manage 10 group of people. I need to organize job to completed the orders at high standards and achieve the target.

in moy park works about 42 different nationalities, so you have to be patient and tolerant.