Mountain Warehouse Employee Reviews

Fantastic opportunities
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Harpenden, Hertfordshire11 February 2019
Workplace was fun and sociable. It was easy to learn and develop sales skills. Sales assistant jobs are useful to develop transferable skills as it gives you confidence.
Pros
good hours, good socialisation at work.
Typical retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent7 February 2019
Selling and up selling to customers, putting out stock and replenishment at the end of day. Tidying stock room and behind counter. Seasonal and weekly product moves abound the store.
Pros
Convienient location
Cons
Rude manager at times
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire18 January 2019
Mountain Warehouse is a great place to work at if you fancy learning a lot and having a good time. You will be trained and pushed but at a reasonable rate and it won't be to hard. You will be able to have a good balance of fun and work.
I found the hardest part of the job was on quiet shifts when you would be trying to find things to do.
The easiest part was learning about new things as they give such good training.
Pros
good support
Good staff, poor higher management
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Derby9 January 2019
Having worked there for 18 months part time, I met many friendly and intelligent staff. The job was enjoyable and varied. However, the higher management put too much pressure on badly paid employees and expected too much. Hours can be based on pestering people for their email and selling cheap add-ons, this leaves the team angry often.
Pros
Varied and good staff
Cons
Add-ons and emails
Ambitious and challenging
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom27 December 2018
The company had come along way and greatly improved their staff and company accomplishments but still has much to learn on how to communicate between head office and front of house staff.
The company wants to help its teams where possible but is still sometimes pushing a little too quickly for what it’s infrasturcture can allow. There is great potential at Mountain Warehouse.
Pros
Management bonus scheme
Cons
Same as most retail jobs
Not what i would of expected!
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset29 November 2018
For a start you are treated like a slave... if your not always out the back hanging up clothes your hoovering! Not proper till training at all your left panicking hoping you can serve this customer! Management try there best ... ish but shouldnt be management because they dont seem to realise there "supervisor" has no respect for anyone and there always slagging off old employees and also just rude and making you struggle and watch basically laughing behind your back! And whats the deal with the wages how are you expected to run around non stop for £5.90 an hour? How an earth can anyone live off that! Its a shame because the job would be brilliant if it was run properly and paid appropriately! I didnt even get told my wages untill i seen it written down somwhere... unacceptable.
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London15 November 2018
Good culture. You will get to meet people interested in outdoor stuff. Good management and growing company. Will need updated information about outdoor gear in order to give great customer service and help customer make the right decision .
Pros
Good management and team
Cons
sales
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penzance England7 November 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time working at Mountain Warehouse. I always got on with the management team there and always found that they were just as flexible with me as I was with them. Working there has helped me gain improved retail experience, which I have been able to apply in my new job as well.
Wank
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malvern28 October 2018
I woked at mountain warehouse for 9 months and it was the worst 9 months of my life. Every shift I had I would be stuck in the stock room hanging clothes from previous deliveries because I wasn’t wanted on the shop floor. The contract I was on meant I had a minimum of 4 working hours per week and that’s all I had so I was working not even 1 day in the week. Bearing in mind I was only on 16 year olds minimum wage at the time so I’d only be getting £16.20 and they expected me to live off of that. I would have been better off doing bloody voluntary work. It was almost impossible to give my mum rent and run a motorbike at the same time. Liberties I tell ya. The staff wouldn’t talk to me very often and if they did it was only for me to throw something down the stairs so that they could put it onto the shop floor. The music is also very outdated and very repetitive. I’d be better off listening to free radio (in Herefordshire and Worcestershire for anyone who doesn’t know). I even got accused of stealing once which was funny because I was never by the till 🙄 (not that I’d steal anyway). In the end they found the money underneath the till tray because it kept falling down during the day (still my fault). I wouldn’t recommend the job to anyone. It’s not worth wasting your time for. Rubbish work, rubbish people and it was overall really not worth my time. Oooooo £16.20 a week, go oooon!!! 🙄😂
Pros
The staff discount. That’s the only reason they got a star other than that it’s a rubbish job
Lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire23 October 2018
I loved working here, besides the uniform which was not too pleasant (for me), my day at work was bearable. The management and staff were friendly and so lovely, a joy to work with.
Cons
Minimum pay
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 October 2018
Retail job, pretty standard workload. Management was friendly and easy to work with. Hours were decent. Wages very good. Only complaint was carrying heavy boxes at times.
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester20 October 2018
Worked here for around 4 months and had to deal with aggressive people with no support from overpaid management. Was constantly talked about behind my back by supervisors and management never actually did anything. Money constantly went missing due to there being no cameras, the management wanted staff to buy the cameras. Was made to sell shoes that were covered in white mold that was scraped off. Basically its a terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Don't get your contracted hours. Rubbish management. No security.
Was fun to work alongside Assistant manager.
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridport, Dorset2 October 2018
The assistant manager and I got along very well so work was always enjoyable with her, she encouraged me to advance my skills and to try different things in the shop, congratulated me on my good work. Always looked forward to those shifts.
non professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hereford16 September 2018
taken on and made redundant within 6 months not very professional, the time I spent with the company was ok, with full training given just a shame that the deceitfulness spoiled it
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Cons
poor communication
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowness-on-Windermere12 September 2018
While I was at Mountain Warehouse, my hours flew by as the workplace and staff that worked there were very entertaining and fun to be around. I really enjoyed working with all the different customers and the friendly atmosphere really makes you appreciate the job.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
Don't care for their staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate10 September 2018
I worked at Mountain Warehouse for only 7 months but in the time that I was there, I could see that the company doesn't care about their employees at all. You had to meet some pretty unrealistic targets every week, if you made your targets there was no reward, no well done, just get on with next weeks. If you missed your target however you were asked to go see the manager to explain why you didn't meet your targets. You could be given a disciplinary even for just your first missed target. For what you are paid there the stress of having management breathing down your back with every move just isn't worth the hassle.
Just a Weekend Job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkley, West Yorkshire10 August 2018
Not really qualified to review it as a serious career as I was just working there to earn some extra money while at school.I didn't enjoy it but that was probably because I had no interest in working in retail.
Okay Part-time job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 July 2018
Very flexible, normally can ask for certain hours within a week of working, swapping shifts is also easy. Low wage but okay hours for part time, not too long hours and nice benefits such as 50% staff discount.
Pros
Quite flexible
Cons
Minimum wage
Varied and a nice environment to work in
Part-time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hornsea18 June 2018
Putting stock out on display outside in Summer. Serving customers. Doing store standards and merchandising. Sorting, hanging and pricing deliveries for the shop floor. I have learned about outdoor products and how to advise customers. Cold weather is an issue in Winter, but I wear layers to combat this. Helping customers find exactly what they are looking for is satisfying, as well as advising them on how to get the most from their purchases, be it prolonging the life of their purchase or how to use a waterproofing spray.
Pros
Local, parking
Cons
Cold in Winter, hot in Summer
Awesome workplace
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent14 June 2018
Awesome team, amazing branches.
Management always supportive of personal issues.
Flexible working hours and great benefits package.
Just wish the Branch had not closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.