Mount Charles Employee Reviews

Cleaning job
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland15 January 2020
At the end of the day it’s a cleaning job and as long as you don’t have any plans of moving up in the world then this is job for you, I could go on how bad the way so manager’s is and how good others are, but if you join the company you find out what is good and what is not for your self, at the end of the day it’s a paying job and can be ok, but for Minimum wage you will have to do a lot of hours you make a decent wage
Would never work for them again
Fsa (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh16 December 2019
They have no concern for any employees management is a joke ,little or no training worst company ever worked .for expected to much of workers .quality of food very poor
Bullies
front of house supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 December 2019
Working with a team of bullies. Seriously affecting my life and mental health. No we're to turn to as the company only care about keeping the contract.
Fun workplace
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Bangor16 October 2019
I enjoyed when i worked behind the bar with other and met new people. There were loads of new people i have never seen or heard of before. The spent was fun and exciting
Enjoyment
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  City Centre29 September 2019
I enjoyed my time working with Mount Charles as each and everyone of you works as a team and its great teamwork experience and nobody is left forgotten.
Do not work here.
Office (Former Employee) –  Belfast7 February 2019
Overall, a terrible office environment were management have unrealistic expectations whilst making their own mistakes and making your job more difficult
Train wreck company
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim10 January 2019
A horrible company to work for never in my whole life have I seen such a mess the masters are bloody terrible they don't have a clue what they are doing the are rude and carless towards staff they honestly don't care as long as their pockets are lined! The equipment is never up to standard and you have to get for restock of supplies!!! they will give u minimum wage then advertise the same job for more they refuse to give you a proper contract! Wouldn't go back if they begged me l!!!
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything about the company is a con!
Working environment was nice unfortunately company was bullys
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down9 December 2018
I used to work for mount Charles cleaning division, have to say I have never worked for a company that has a management team that is so unprofessional, it’s their way or no way!
It’s a horrible feeling going into work every day with a ball in your stomach, staff morale was very low, the pay & overtime was never correct, they never took responsibility for anything it was always our fault, they would never listen to reason, they undercut to get contracts & cut the hours away from staff & work them into the ground. So glad I got out because my heath & we’ll being was suffering badly... shame on you mount Charles
Pros
The clients were nice
encouraging company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belfast / Aldergrove Airport23 April 2018
During my time with mount charles i have completed NVQ level 2 in food and beverage, and NVQ level 3 in hospitality supervision. while completing my NVQs the company was really supportive with extra training etc to accommodate the courses i was doing.

The company also pay mileage allowance to help with expenses of getting to work and provide employees with a free lunch on site
Pros
free lunches and multi- store discount card
Cons
very unsociable hours
I'm 17years with mount Charles. Time for a new challenge
Cook/Chef (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry14 March 2018
7.30am start till 4pm. Make breakfast,dinner. Make sure all staff are signed in/out all of there daily tasks are completed. Money handling,banking, invoicing, stock control, ordering stock,
Micky mouse outfit.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Norther regional college27 January 2018
Outsourcing of in house cleaning to agency has forced me to leave. Spoken to rudely by management, not being treated with appropriate dignity and respect.Cleaning equipment sub standard, regular use of latrine mop on other floors.Students sickness left on floors no red sand to clean this up,excrement; feces left on latrine floors .Don't complain especially on a Friday result might be a Monday appointment with HR
Pros
You have got to be joking there is none!
Cons
Was conned alright.
horrible management.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim11 December 2017
I worked for Mount Charles for just under a year before they lost the contract.
My manager through the entirety of becoming my manager was noting but horrible and rude to me. During important shift changes i would only find out about it through my colleague. My colleague doesn't speak the best english so having to get important information through her isn't always the easiest.
It took about 5 months for the company to give me a uniform.
I was left on my own in my building until 10 O'clock at night at 17 with alarms going off. I phoned my manager asking what to do in a state of panic. She never answered the phone or replied to any of my messages.
There was one point where she never put in for my over time that i had done for her, i phoned to ask about it and she, instead of helping, screamed down the phone to me about how i have no respect.
I was made to feel guilty about the possible contract loss and told if it happened it would be my fault that me and my colleague would lose our jobs.
My manager proceeded to blame me and my colleague for the contract loss.
My colleague was the first to find out about the loss of the contract nearly as soon as the company was informed of the loss but i only found out 2 weeks before the new company was to take over and my manager told me that any problems weren't her problem anymore.
We would get the blame for things not being done that had never been asked of before as though we should have just known in the first place. I was asked to pick staples out of the floors and had never been asked to do so. when she became our manager
  more... there where more and more jobs for us to do every night that had never been asked of before.
A lot of the people higher up in the company would do nothing but talk down to you like a piece of dirt and again ask us to do things that was never our job in the first place and threaten to fire you if you didn't do them.
Im glad to be leaving this company as i have had nothing but bad experiences.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
managers.
horrible company to work for really bad
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh5 September 2017
horrible firm to work for they only pay there chefs 17 pence more than there kitchen assistants they gave me 5 sweets out of a quality street tin for Christmas and i am serious about that they would not even wish you a happy Christmas do not work for this company they are the worst catering company you could work for you have been warned
Pros
free lunches which they are trying to make you pay for
Cons
long hours really bad pay for cooks and really bad working conditions
job jumping
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim11 July 2017
I worked in the talent team which meant a lot moving around and meeting new people. I learned a lot of bar work at mount chalres and the management are very professtional and I enjoy working with them. the hardest part of the job is trying to get to some of the place to work but this is fine when you know where you are going. the best part about the job is the amount of people you meet when working
Pros
meet alot of people
Cons
traveling
Not a great company to work for.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim27 June 2017
The company specialises in catering so they should stick to what they are good at in the catering business BUT for the cleaning side of the business they haven't a clue about it, they think they can tell people that has years experience in cleaning what to do haha this company hasn't a clue how to correspond with it's workers. They treat staff like crapp, if staff stand up for themself and tell this company what they think they then try threating you with HR, sure HR is just as bad cause they dont allow staff members to have their say either.Not a great company to work for. Nothing but bullies.
Pros
Cons
They need to train their upper staff in manners & how to communicate with employee's
staff and management
Casual Staff (Former Employee) –  Antrim, County Antrim26 May 2017
While i worked with Mount Charles i was 17-19, and the older staff mistreated us younger staff. constantly putting us into the dish room and having us work ridiculous hours (I did 84 hours in one week, then only got 2 days off).
People were nice
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim29 January 2017
Started workin for mount charles about 3 years ago learned a bit on the job but would like to move on and learn more And challenge myself maybe have more responsibility. I was a kitchen assistant so i was in charge of the dishwasher making sure it was workin properly prep for meal times putting orders away and general cleaning duties.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Couldnt move up in the company
good hours
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 January 2017
They supplied handy hours. Gave me an opportunity to be self efficient and to develop my time management skills. Had to deal with a lot of unnecessary complaints and ignorance (not fro the mount Charles company but from the people we cleaned for).
Pros
short shifts
Cons
Dealing with ignorant people.
i love working for Mount Charles
Bar Staff/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Belfast13 September 2016
every time i work with Mount Charles I work with amazing co workers and management in a comfortable environment where I get help Whenever i need it. there is always an abundance of support between all levels of staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
casual work only
Coffee
Food service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter10 August 2015
not really much to say but if you like a friendly team this is your job.
Odd hours as it is in an airport but there are busy part and quite parts to the job.
Pros
Free lunch or breakfast
Cons
odd hours and days