Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Very engaging
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Cambridge1 November 2018
My time with Mott MacDonald was very brief but I enjoyed it immensely. Those who where already employed there were very supportive and the variety of tasks I was given was good. I was very impressed with the professionalism shows and would definitely recommend working here.
Good work environment
Graduate Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex1 October 2018
Starting my career at Mott MacDonald has been a great choice, nice people and challenging tasks from early steps.
Workload can be low as well as the salary.
Large company
Senior Research Consultant / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 September 2018
Large company with thousands of employees globally.
Excellent company for engineers with strict structures in place
Lacks creativity as a company.
Decent salary and pension
Great
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London10 September 2018
The company is good to work for, but senior management is quite stale, and change moves incredibly slowly. Fantastic for someone with a family, but not great for younger professionals.
Gran empresa
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester10 September 2018
Es una gran empresa con departamentos con grandes profesionales en sus muchos departamentos.
It was a very informative experience
Trainee (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield7 September 2018
I would highly recommend at least getting some work experience at Mott MacDonald. The working environment is just superb! Through the work experience, I was able to discover which path was right for me.
Good team
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, UK13 August 2018
I work in a very nice team, all work well together, all areas work well together within the larger team throughout the Croydon and Cambridge and Glasgow offices.
Excellent company to work for
Trainee Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2018
This company offers high levels of support within their training program enabling me to develop many skills that have been transferred to future job opportunities. The company ethos is exceptional and the staff moral is extremely high as a result of this. This company works on some very prestigious projects and manages them effectively to a high standard.
A challenging working evironment
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bentley22 June 2018
MMB is set up mainly to serve UK water AMPs and is a tier 1 contractor who do a good job for difficult clients. They have an unusual triangular hierarchy. Safety is paramount at MMB with plenty of safety initiatives and targets.

Making a profit is hard here.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Slightly chaotic working environment.
Fast paced and busy work environment
Technical Contract Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbria12 June 2018
Fast paced working environment providing essential administrative support for the staff based on a nuclear site.

With no such thing as a typical day, the environment is always busy and there is always something to do.
Pros
Good benefits selections
Very disappointing
Principal Aviation Planner (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone who is experienced in the workplace and not an engineer.
Career advancement is very much in the old network of if you are a favourite, or a graduate.
If you are a standard worker, forget it!
Wishing everyone luck in their future careers, but for me it has been a disappointment and I knew from the very beginning, regretfully it was too late!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no perks
Good to learn, but not good to earn
No comments (Current Employee) –  No comments13 April 2018
The approach to overseas offices are different in terms of projects and salary package. Opportunities mainly dependent on the management's business decisions and there is no proper employee performance appraisal in place
Cons
No proper appraisal procedures, salary package below industry standards
You get what you put in
Graduate Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 March 2018
A large company, depends what office you work in and which team. You may have a strict manager or a quiet atmosphere or the opposite.

My experience has been fine, I like my team, we're quite diverse and not incredibly tight knit.

The project work and nature of the industry means there's not always a lot of time that can be attributed to jobs so sometimes you might be stretched quite thin and budgets run out quickly.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities, events and competitions etc. corporate stuff
Cons
a bit souless, but less so than other corporations
A very good company to work with
Graduate engineer (Former Employee) –  Bahrain1 March 2018
Management at MM was excellent, work environment is great, and they take good care of their employees, it was a pleasant company to work with, It was unfortunate that I had to leave it due to the reason being that they could not give me an unpaid one year annual leave to pursue my master.
Solid company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  UK20 February 2018
Employee owned company with good opportunities across many disciplines -especially in engineering and international projects.
Positive marks for workplace culture.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
consulting generally can be stressfull
Quality company
Industrial Project (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 February 2018
I did my final year project at university in conjunction with Mott MacDonald. Supervisors were very helpful and work atmosphere was enjoyable. Would recommend this company.
Ambitious and forward-looking company.
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 February 2018
Mott MacDonald had a refreshingly ambitious approach to new technology, at least when compared to my previous company. However their approach to training lags behind their forward-thinking ideals. They need to invest more time/ money in 'upskilling' staff for their strategy to pay off.
Pros
Friendly company/ office
Cons
Training
Diverse and wide reaching organisation with somewhat staid management style
Manager (Former Employee) –  South East Asia13 January 2018
Fantastically diverse in range of professional disciplines and projects. Somewhat staid management style. Poor interdepartmental communication that may often lead to loss of opportunity and frustrations in Unit leaders.
Compliant with International standards on employee developmemt but limited routes for progression due to an aged incumbant senior management team.
Pros
Diversity in people and projects, large scale complex projects
Cons
Conservative business approaches and systems, lack of creativity and innovation
Fun workplace, nice environment
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
I work in the IT team and other teams such as engineering to see what different parts of the company did and how the worked.I spent a few weeks there where I did different types of jobs including dealing with customers and working with other employees
Pros
Free drinks, good kitchen, nice work place
Cons
Based in central London so bit hard to get to
Finalising design and installation
Design Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  Croydon15 November 2017
Small to medium team at late stages in station development. Most of the major engineering issues had been resolved but further work required on detail. Most of this was on site builders work and late design changes.
Pros
Good senior management
Cons
Long journey time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.