Motorpoint Employee Reviews

Stay away from this company !!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 February 2019
Wish I had never got involved with this company, in the 3 months I was there I seen many permanent staff stitched up and sacked for next to no reason. No one is treated fairly at this place, as soon as I seen the way they treat people I had to get out.
Management let's this place down, some of the people that worked there were great but always fearful of their jobs being taken away for telling the truth or getting on the wrong side of the boss.
Ego should not be involved in the workplace but this is something motorpoint is yet to understand.
Well rid !!!
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
The way staff are treated, ego and power hungry management
2 out of 10
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 October 2018
Not a very good place to work.
Forever promising and never delivering.
No chance of progression unless you stroke the managers ego all day, hard work is not recognised at this place !!
Unable to take breaks or holidays as always under staffed.
Always pushing more responsibilities on you tho never increase the wage.
The people are the only good thing about this place, tho no one is happy to be there and all looking for other employment
Pros
Team members
Cons
Terrible place to work !! Stay well away
Good if certain people not there
Job (Current Employee) –  Castleford Central and Glasshoughton16 September 2018
Worked at castleford from opening. Everyone seem friendly to begin with . Definitely is if your face fits company. All nice to your face but stab you in the back.
Certain people in personal two faced and discuss private information with too many people
Pros
Non
Cons
All of it
Poor branch management at the time
CAR SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Burnley25 June 2018
Poor general management at branch level but great camaraderie with the lads on the sales floor.

Hours are long and involve working every weekend. It's a lifestyle choice not a job. Walk in without a conscience and you may do well. Opportunities are there if you lack a conscience but having moved on to an up market dealership they made Motorpoint seem like saints
Pros
None I'd never go back
Cons
Long Hours weekend working lots of standing around doing nothing.
Unproffesional managment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chingford18 June 2018
Managment are unprofessional.
Long hours never get a weekend off.
No benifits.
Extreme favouritism.
Strong salespeople not recognised.
Unproffesional atmosphere and unrealistic targets.
Pros
Free breakfast on weekend
Cons
Managment
Great people, management was poor
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire24 May 2018
Loved the job, people were great but management had their own agenda and was select in sales individuals to succeed and grow within the business. Did not take into account good performance, was if your face fits company.
Pros
the people
Cons
pressure targets and poor man management
Wouldn't go back
Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Peterborough1 May 2018
Started as a trainee and went on to sales no training. hit my target for 9 months straight and they sacked me after giving them everything for nearly two years. Such a shame as you will have a great laugh if working there but as soon as you have an opinion they will just get rid of you. Also listening to your calls and desk recording like big brother. Good pay tho no work life balance no company car. But great staff on the whole
Pros
Money
Cons
No lunch break long hours no loyalty.
No hope
Mug (Former Employee) –  Burnley, UK15 March 2018
The over worked desperation in most colleagues eyes has spread throughout all departments. Work harder to earn the managers bonus or else.............
Pros
Working overtime without pay
Cons
Over promise and under deliver
Enjoyable Workplace
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 March 2018
I worked the big concert events at this arena, its really fun and entertaining especially to watch the acts whilst you are working. I really enjoy working such a busy shift as time flies.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  England19 February 2018
Motorpoint is a great place to work. Excellent support, progression, training and benefits. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming and they make you feel at home.
A career not just a job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 January 2018
Motorpoint have created a supportive and fun working atmosphere. I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday. They recognise achievement and generously reward colleagues. I have learnt a lot in the several months I've worked for them and I know there are lots of opportunities to learn more in the not so distant future through varied training courses and not forgetting my wonderful colleagues who want to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. I have and will continue to recommend that anyone thinking of applying for a job with Motorpoint to give it a go. It was the best decision I've made.
Pros
Excellent benefit structure and training opportunities
Excellent
NET Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Derby3 January 2018
Fantastic place to work, awesome team of very skilled people, great benefits including shareholding, health insurance, dental and optician cover. Highly recommended
Castleford Motorpoint Best Company I've Worked For!
Vehicle Detailer (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
Fantastic Company! Great Team! Brilliant Career Opportunities!

Been with the company since the launch of the Castleford site. Working as a yard hand to begin with I moved to quality controller and then the company saw I had a natural talent at machine polishing and a keen eye for detail so created a Vehicle Detailer role.

They offer various training to do with both your work and life skills always try to promote from within the company.
Pros
Quarterly Nights Out, Pension Scheme, Flexible, Good Work Hours, Bonus, Promote within
Cons
weather conditions
Really good place to work
Yard Hand (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
As a new employee I was made to feel very welcome and comfortable by all members of staff who were helpful and keen to answer any queries I had.

The managers in all departments are all approachable and supportive.

Being a part of Motorpoint offers various work incentives such as monetary rewards for completing training courses.
Pros
Monthly bonus, nights out
Cons
Having to temporarily work weekends
Yard Hand (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire18 November 2017
Not been working at Motorpoint for long but so far it is a great company to work for, managers are approachable and supportive in every department. Motorpoint have great training plans that you are encouraged to go on and is also a rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Quarterly nights out, good salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme
Cons
Really good oppurtunities :)
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 November 2017
Motorpoint is a friendly and easy going place to work even though it can be quite fast paced at times.

All staff are very easy to get along with, You can get a good laugh at times which always helps the day to go that little bit faster.

They offer a really good Personal Development programme for all staff members and accommodate them in getting there and making the most of the experience.

Overall I would say I find myself happy and content within my role.
Pros
Cafe. Good Training. Good Staff
Cons
You always want a new car :)
Motorpoint Castleford
Damage Controller (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire9 November 2017
Great company to be apart off, management team friendly and encouraging.
A rewarding company along as you put the effort in.
Lots of training available and a positive team spirit across the sites.
Pros
Quarterly Nights Out, Pension Scheme, Bonus Targets, Flexible, Good Work Hours
First class work enviroment.
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Birtley8 November 2017
I moved from a retail background last year into a completely new work environment from the very first day i started I knew this was the right decision. Great company with alot of time and care given to all colleagues, great benefits and there is a real focus on creating a happy work force. I honestly can't think of a single negative.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
There arent any.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 November 2017
Happy fun place to work been here almost 5 years now

Great opportunities supported with coaching and training

Everyone works together as one big team

Honest communication creating an environment I am proud to be part of

The management team are always willing to help and not afraid to join you to get the job done
Pros
Quarterly Nights Out, Team Incentives
Cons
Not a Team Player then probably not the place for you
positive and friendly
yard hand (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 November 2017
this is a great company to work for if you are looking to further yourself in the motor trade working alongside some great people.some great training opportunities are provided and most if not all promotions come from within the company.
Pros
great team support in my department
Cons
working outdoors in the winter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorpoint. Our community is ready to answer.