Motorpoint

Motorpoint Employee Reviews

United Kingdom97 reviews
Fast Paced Pressure sales
The stock and cars sold at Motorpoint and training given to enable you to perform your job to a top lvl.

But the culture of your team members is a very dog-eat-dog mentality. staff members will steal your deals and aren't very helpful and pressure is on from the GM to keep your sales numbers high once training is complete.
Job description was wrong
Pay amount on job description was wrong as was the days of work. It explained “5 out of 7 days on a rota and some weekend work will be required”
You are required to work EVERY weekend and is frowned upon to book weekends off as it is busiest then. You have a set 2 days to have off in the week and the hours are also set 11am-8pm in the week.

Team work is half arsed and myself being work motivated found myself being walked over while others slacked.
Great Atmosphere Good Benefits
worked here for a year. Good company benefits with regular reviews. However hard to progress within the group unless you live in the North of the country where the majority of branches are.
Great place to work. Company treat you well and is a friendly environment. I would buy a car from here as it is the cheapest in the UK. Learnt a lot here!
Was good now rubbish place to work
Too many supervisors/ managers not enough workers, Very poor communication between team members and other departments. This pla e was a brilliant place to work and care about about the customers now just care about the number of car they sell and keep cutting the staff down therefore over working the staff lthat are left left
11 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you feel this way and would urge you to speak to your manager if you feel this is no longer a brilliant place to work as we wouldn't want any of our team to feel like this as you know the engagement of the team is really important to us and we want to work with you to make sure we remain a great place to work for you and everyone else. :)
Great staff benefits, that’s it
Motorpoint was a fantastic company to work for, if you don’t mind working late and not getting paid, this would happen near enough every day, if a customer is late, and it’s not your fault, you’re made to suffer. rules should be changed to make customers aware they cannot be late, ruins social lives as you could never plan anything. No work/social balance
There was an abundance of stress on my department, with no help given

Customer service manager was absolutely fantastic and tried to help wherever she could, could not fault her at all

Staff benefits were fantastic, quarterly nights out, treated to lunch every now and then Christmas do’s were great fun and you get an hour a month to do what you want (learn a new language, theatre etc) but was never approved because of lack of staff
11 March 2020
Feedback is something we really value and its something that is really important to us so thank you for feeding this back to us. However it is great to hear that you felt supported by your manager. If you would like to discuss any of this further please do get in touch with us and we would be more than happy to speak to you.
fun workplace
good place to make new friends as everyone is very approachable and is a typical place sales place - management are friendly also would recommend for friends and family to work here
11 March 2020
Thank you for your fantastic feedback #PROUD its great to know when we are doing it well :)
Good Place To Work.
Motorpoint is a brilliant company to work for, they look after their staff very well hence why I have been here over 5 years!
No two days are the same, which makes it an eventful but also challenging place to work.

The company always promotes from within where possible, and provides many benefits for all staff.
Pros
Team/Site Social Events, Incentives, Approachable Management, Staff Togetherness, Opportunities to progress.
Cons
Hours (Weekend Work)
11 March 2020
What great feedback! The fact you have been part of the Motopoint team for 5 years shows that it is a great place to work. Promoting from within is something that is really important to us. Thank you for helping us to make Motorpoint a great place to work #DrivingDreams
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Motorpoint?
Harsh place to work
Long hours short on understanding they are a family sort of business but outside that can be a little harder and some very important stuff gets brushed under the carpet for the better of the company
Pros
A job
Cons
Job can be lost at the drop of an hat
11 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback and We're sorry you feel this way. Our team engagement is something we take really seriously and we try to work really hard at on every level. If you want to speak to us about your experience in more detail please get in touch
Rewarding and a blast
Started work here 18 months ago and have gone from lacking confidence to being well respected and valued within the company. I love working here at Widnes as the job is quite demanding yet rewarding.
Pros
Christmas Party, Days out, Social events, Pub get together
24 January 2020
What wonderful feedback. The team at Widnes are a great team and its great to hear such brilliant feedback from our team members :)
Stay clear
Stay clear off this place , they do not do what they say they will and tell lie treat works like dogs if face fits your ok , turn over Is high STAY CLAER
24 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback - we are sorry you have had a negative experience we would hate to think any of our team members past or present feel this if you would like to discuss this with us please contact us directly.
Fast paced environment
Motorpoint is a fast paced environment where you can unleash and realise your full potential.

Uncapped earnings, flexibility and career progression opportunities.

Would highly recommend!
Pros
every day is different, uncapped earnings, lots of opportunities
Cons
n/a
24 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback! It really is fast paced and there is lots of opportunity to unleash your full potential! Our people is what makes us so successful!
Good company to work for
Good place to work with lots of opportunity to develop, and lots of training and good pay. they also have a very good process and are fair to there employers.
24 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We have lots more in the pipeline for 2020 so watch this space :)
Fast paced and competitive sales enviroment
Motorpoint is a fast paced sales environment and because of this can be a stressful place to work at times.

However in my time at Motorpoint I have been supported and encouraged to succeed,

In house progression is strongly valued and if you are prepared to work long hours and weekends there are many opportunities to be had.

Generally speaking the pay is very good for the industry and alongside this Motorpoint offer many great benefits!
Pros
Free gym, Healthcare, Pension, Shares scheme
Cons
Long hours, Weekends
2 January 2020
Thank you for your review and its great to hear you feed supported and encouraged to succeed. #Proud #Supportive
Great place to work, the people make it!
There will never be a boring day working there, always very busy and fast paced - great atmosphere and plenty of opportunities to progress and develop your knowledge and skills.
The company offer great benefits such as a paid 2 hours off every month to pursue something normal working hours would prevent - in order to better your work/life balance.
Pros
Discounts, employee share scheme, birthdays off
2 January 2020
Our One Big Dream benefit is something we are really proud of and its great to hear that its making a difference to our teams! Thanks for the great feedback. Its our great teams that make Motorpoint such a great place to work #DrivingDreams
Forward thinking business that puts its employees first
The business has a strong culture of promoting talent from within, recruiting people at any level with the right values and working on their career plans - every single manager at this branch was internally promoted.

The hours are long but the rewards are there, if you are work shy then it probably isn't for you!

Management, Senior Management & Director level individuals have left their egos at the door and everyone is approachable.
Pros
Free gym, free food & great atmosphere
Cons
Hours (including weekend work)
2 January 2020
Growing our own talent is something that is so important to us and the proof is shown right there! #Proud :)
absolutely Appalling firm
I worked there, and if there was an a union things would be better. but the company is too scared .
the employees are to scared to join "fact"

Appalling utter utter Appalling

If an independent voting was done people would leave if they could

79% of the work force hate it.

FACT

But to scared to say

No lunch/breaks

No help with anything
Pros
good money
Cons
to many to mention
4 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback and we are really sorry you feel that way. We pride ourselves of being a supportive honest and happy business and we regularly carry out surveys to do everything we can to ensure our employees are happy and we have some really positive feedback from our employees so its a shame you feed this way. We wish you all the best on your next career move.
Is a good place but very fast pace
Rotation of work very fast pace lot of changes due so should be better flow In time but very fast on your feet and plenty of walking but fair good gang work there
21 November 2019
Thanks for your feedback! Agree with the lots of walking! I have invested in a fitbit to count my steps :) also agree about the good team there really is a good bunch of people here at team Motorpoint!
Great Company with great vision
Motorpoint is a fantastic company to work for, they give you lots of benefits and pay is adjusted to the industry.
Many opportunities to learn and develop and progress within the company.

Staff are very friendly and helpful
Pros
free gym, snacks on weekends, staff outings and activities
Cons
long hours, no company car, computers are dated and slow
21 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback it's really useful to know what we are doing well but also where improvements can be made, I know our IT teams are working really hard to look at the systems we use and ways to improve speed and efficiency all the time but I will feed this back. Although we don't have company car's we do offer employee discounts on cars :)
productive and good managment
It is a good place to work for but the only down side is the pay structure, they have changed it 3 times in the past 2months from good to bad to worst and this is disappointing .
I have been working for Motorpoint for just over a year now. It is a fun and fast paced working environment. Senior management are really supportive and approachable.

The standard of training for all staff members is excellent but especially if you are just starting in the car sales industry. You are expected to work hard and hours generally do include late nights and weekend work.

Everyone is friendly and like to have fun whilst remaining professional which we all depend on to succeed. Overall, a positive company which I am proud to be a part of and look forward to the opportunities to further develop my skills.
21 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback - it's great to hear we are doing it right and that everyone is feeling supported. We spend a lot of time at work so hearing its a fun working environment is just what we want :)