Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 2,811 reviews
Productive and fun work place
CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, UK9 March 2017
Very nice and healthy environment with high level management and modern systems, programs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with many people from different countries and different cultures, travelling abroad and having many challenges on the active projects.
However there are also some difficult parts when it comes to high level requests from different customers but this aspect drives me to improve all the time and to find new ways to respond to these requests.
Pros
flexible working program
Motorola UK is shedding masses of workers
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire7 March 2017
Motorola continues to reduce the UK resources and has announced closure of it's flagship premises in Basingstoke.
What is left of senior management are trying hard to raise morale in an environment that is under imminent threat of reallocation and redundancy.
Motorola have convinced themselves that they must move to London to increase their profile in the city but at what cost to the UK business.
The most difficult part of the job was the perpetual need to make everything seem positive & up-beat as the American masters don't like negativity.
Those left doing the jobs of the many already departed are working in a highly stressed environment that guarantees nothing to anyone. It's become a culture of watching one's back, saying nothing and protecting personal knowledge bases to the detriment of all new hires trying to learn.
So many data bases with old data and few left to update material. There simply are not enough people to support the needs of the UK business and the constant erosion of skilled, experienced people will result in customer dissatisfaction and make meeting financial targets extremely challenging.
I conclude by saying, "Remember this is Europe and we should not be judged by the success of the N American market. It's a totally different market including the technologies and customer mindsets."
Pros
Good remuneration while it lasts
Cons
Basingstoke is turning into a ghost town
debug technician
Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, UK22 February 2017
Company was a godsent to work for. excellent pay and treated staff with respect. unfortunately work was moved abroad which meant redundancies. would work for again no problem
Was a great company...
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon18 February 2017
Impressive history which ultimately failed due to bad management decisions. Great workplace and work/life balance along with opportunities to be seconded abroad if willing to. Bring it back to life....
Motorola was a great place to work in.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bathgate23 January 2017
Working in Motorola was a new experience for me and one I quickly adapted to and learnt new skills. I was employed on nightshift and liked the environment there.
Great Job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Queensferry5 January 2017
Started in East Kilbride, moved to South Queensferry MOS16 and will still be the there if it had not closed, Real shame, Great place and people to work with.
It was an ok company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bathgate1 January 2017
I started in Motorola within the warehouse in Motorola you are trained for every job within the warehouse so over the years of working for Motorola I learned every position and ended up in a free roll I would basically cover holidays or sickness it was an ok place to work
Pros
Very close to my home
Cons
Wasn't open very long
Ok
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire28 November 2016
Shrinking sales and workforce.
Inconsistent leadership and direction, so difficult to make a difference
Big installed base
Expensive product
saturated market
Busy and enjoyable place to work
Purchase Ledger Clerk/Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride13 September 2016
A typical day would be answering vendors queries either by telephone or email. Reconciling vendors statements on a daily basis contacting them if required for any missing invoices which were not received.
The management were approachable when necessary.
My co-workers were approachable when it came to work related issues and were also nice people to work with.
The hardest part of the job was month end when I had to ensure the purchasing card statements (100+) were sent out to the relevant people and returned so that these could be reconciled for the month end books.
The most enjoyable part was the variety of work which I was involved in.
Pros
Monthly team building events off site
Cons
Stressful at month end
opinion
customer service (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh2 March 2016
good company with very wrong and out of dated procedures .
Nice to meet new people but not well managed, agents should progreed in their career not just because they are friends with the managers but for the hard work that they provide
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
customer does not come first, demotivated agents, out of date procedures, this company still have a long way to go before reach the success
Challenging and rewarding
System Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG19 November 2015
Monitoring telecom systems in Europe the Middle east and Africa (EMEA), has allow me to provide Motorola with invaluable data that allow it to improve its customers services and systems quality and availability.

Worker and colleagues were from the EMEA region, for 10 years I have learned to co work with peoples coming from different cultural background and different languages.

The most enjoyable time use to be when we achieve 100% availability and availability of a systems in a week, and the promises that we would do our best to do the same next week, as a team we use to play indoor football over the week end to steam off.
Pros
multicultural environment
Excellent place to work
Senior Administrator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG7 October 2015
A varied, enjoyable job. No two days were the same. Opportunities for training and travel.Co workers from all over the world which was a great experience.
Pros
Respected by colleagues, variety of tasks.
normal work day
engineer lvl 3 (Current Employee) –  norwich31 August 2015
normal day at work i start my shift at 2.20 pm and finish 10.30 pm job is ok but the money is not good, i repaired phones on lvl 123, soldering on mainboard replacement component etc
Worked to death
Line Analyzer (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, SCT25 November 2014
Terrible management by terror. Lack of surface mount technology expertise causing chaos, terrible yields and too many failures. Inexperienced management kept the lines going producing tons of garbage.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hated every minute of it
Respect people
Lead Software Engineer & Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire18 November 2014
Motorola was once an excellent employer who respect the employee from all prospectives.

Personal competence development is very well managed. Still miss it.
Best Company to have
Feature Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG27 October 2014
The best company I worked in so far. I have worked for this company for good 12 years and its a good company to work in..
Pros
Flexi working
Cons
Good company with good benefits.
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, SCT16 September 2014
Motorola was a great company to work with.
They provided good benefits for staff, leading to a productive and happy workforce.
A typical day included bank reconciliation, cash posting and liaising with other team members.
Great company to work for
Shift Lead M.A (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, SCT23 July 2014
Motorola was a fab company to work for the only thing was they only preferred men in lead positions etc: Team Managers /Bosses. Running the production line, training new and existing staff, ordering of material, checking the quality and meeting targets.

I learnt how to motivate staff and have a happy and well balanced team.

Just making sure the material incoming was of the highest quality to meet the orders and on time.

Working with a happy team.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
poor quality of material coming in from outside suppliers
Loved this job
Test technician (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG17 June 2014
My job was to fault find failed components in printed circuit boards.
I went into this employer as a production operator with no previous experience, but with a lot of hard work, successful college results and support from my managers I made it to technician grade. I thought I had a career for the rest of my working life - then everything got moved to China!
Pros
In it's heyday - absolutely everything.
Cons
It not there now.
A great company - would have loved to work with them for longer
Senior International Business Analyst (promoted) (Former Employee) –  Home9 June 2014
Made redundant due to acquisition of Psion plc
Many conference calls
Worked from home office
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K