Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in Swindon

Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 2,812 reviews
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon9 September 2018
I believe the teams and departments that I use to be part off and I work in have been closed down/disbanded/made redundant shortly after I left and therefore any comments here would be irrelevant.
Some great colleagues and senior subject matter experts
Digital Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire15 January 2018
A typical day involved design/documentation/testing, emails, reviews, project governance.

I learned and used more technical design and development tools, as well as people management, task management, and project management activities.

Line management involving personal development was poor but distractions/demands from senior management directly to non-senior subject matter experts was minimised.

It was a great environment to work in but there was a lot of conflict of interests at the graduate and junior subject matter level expert level when it came to the allocation of available technical work.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of personal development from allocated line managers resulting in slow technical career progression.

The most enjoyable part was being involved in different technology developments and learning about new technologies, tools, and test equipment.
Good job, good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Swindon24 October 2017
I built and tested radio receivers, and ran a few different machines that assembled them. I learned alot about working on an assembly line type environment. Management was a big help to me and I got along good with them. I enjoyed working at Motorola, and was sad when my job was no longer needed.
Pros
working at night
Was a great company...
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon18 February 2017
Impressive history which ultimately failed due to bad management decisions. Great workplace and work/life balance along with opportunities to be seconded abroad if willing to. Bring it back to life....
Best Company to have
Feature Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG27 October 2014
The best company I worked in so far. I have worked for this company for good 12 years and its a good company to work in..
Pros
Flexi working
Cons
Loved this job
Test technician (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG17 June 2014
My job was to fault find failed components in printed circuit boards.
I went into this employer as a production operator with no previous experience, but with a lot of hard work, successful college results and support from my managers I made it to technician grade. I thought I had a career for the rest of my working life - then everything got moved to China!
Pros
In it's heyday - absolutely everything.
Cons
It not there now.