Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 2,799 reviews
Productive office loaction
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampshire24 October 2019
Excellent team spirit and cross deptartment cooperation
Did not value staff members
Content developer (Former Employee) –  Hampshire1 November 2018
I was incredibly ambitious going into Motorola Solutions, however that was crushed within the first week of work. I was only ever given dull and repetitive jobs that senior members of staff couldn't be bothered to do. I didn't work there long and I tried to make the most of it, however looking back it genuinely saddens me I spent so much time at an organisation that didn't value or care about me.
Good place to work, encouraged advancement
mechanical design engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire15 October 2018
I was taken on as a graduate and enjoyed the benefits of a graduate training scheme. I was well paid for the job done and I really enjoyed the good working atmosphere.
Pros
Lots of training
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon9 September 2018
I believe the teams and departments that I use to be part off and I work in have been closed down/disbanded/made redundant shortly after I left and therefore any comments here would be irrelevant.
Good place to work, battling hard to stay relevant and largely succeeding
senior marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire21 August 2018
Motorola has been a leader in public safety and two-way comms for many years and continues to be so. It's making big decisions about moving to be more software and service focused, and this
Empresa aberta e totalmente competente para suporte aos envolvidos
Gerente (Former Employee) –  Cargo, UK13 June 2018
Aprendi a lidar com o publico e ao mesmo tempo funcoes adiministrativas a gestao administrativas ou de pessoas. otima empresa para se trabalhar.
Managed Services Strategy Lead (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire24 May 2018
Great vision, innovate team. Really feel like you are giving something back

A culture that likes to develop talent from within, and a business that values and listens to its staff
Good company to work for
E-Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke4 May 2018
A good company to work for, they encourage development and training and support the implementation of new ideas and new ways of working. Enjoyed my time
Mobility
Localisation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire25 April 2018
What makes a great job are great colleagues and manager. I was fortunate to have both at Motorola and very much enjoyed my job. I was fortunate to work on exciting high tier products ensuring successful launches.
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
Cons
Contracting
excellent place to work
Quality Team leader (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian4 April 2018
This was an amazing place to work. Excellent conditions and benefits. Lots of opportunity to advance in your career including paying for relative courses.
Pros
Fantastic place to work great conditions and amazing work force
Cons
there are no negatives
Cut throat environment
Operations Analyst & Order Management (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire21 February 2018
The main learing from this role was to never work in back office sales for telecomms. I became the scapegoat for several issues and management was in place through circumstance more than professionalism and experience
Some great colleagues and senior subject matter experts
Digital Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire15 January 2018
A typical day involved design/documentation/testing, emails, reviews, project governance.

I learned and used more technical design and development tools, as well as people management, task management, and project management activities.

Line management involving personal development was poor but distractions/demands from senior management directly to non-senior subject matter experts was minimised.

It was a great environment to work in but there was a lot of conflict of interests at the graduate and junior subject matter level expert level when it came to the allocation of available technical work.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of personal development from allocated line managers resulting in slow technical career progression.

The most enjoyable part was being involved in different technology developments and learning about new technologies, tools, and test equipment.
Beware this is not a remote position
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Remote5 January 2018
If youre looking to work remotely; this is not an ideal company. They would start finding reasons to bring you to work. I was only interested in getting hired as a remote employee. But then they changed the consent.This is the worst company I have worked with. I seriously do not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Easily modifies initial consent
great place to work
Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow22 November 2017
i went into work to make micro chips this job was very high tech and you had to make sure you followed instruction to the letter so that you did not scrap product
Pros
good environment to work
Good job, good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Swindon24 October 2017
I built and tested radio receivers, and ran a few different machines that assembled them. I learned alot about working on an assembly line type environment. Management was a big help to me and I got along good with them. I enjoyed working at Motorola, and was sad when my job was no longer needed.
Pros
working at night
fun work place. brilliant people to work with.
PCB Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bathgate18 September 2017
assemby work. not stressful envirioment. great team work within team
Worked in digital lines
Hardest part of job was when soldering machines broke down and waiting to get up and running again.
Most enjoyable part was the good rapport with collegues.
Pros
brilliant canteen facilities. Fun days, Great salary
Cons
work pretty repetative
Fun
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh12 September 2017
It was a great company to work for and the wages were great. It never felt like going to work as the people I worked with were great at working as part of a team.
Excellent company to work for
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  UK11 August 2017
Absolutely loved working for Motorola. I was working for them through an agency. I worked all over the UK, my job was to install hardware and software to Yodel warehouses. I absolutely loved the job and was sad to see the job come to an end when the install was completed.
Pros
Great pay, short week
Cons
Long hours, working away from home
Enjoyable place to work
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Bathgate10 July 2017
A very enjoyable and interesting job! Timekeeping and communication skills were important! Listening to instructions were key as this is what made the job go to plan
Pros
Learning
Cons
Long travelling and hours
Great place to work with a great working invoronment
Global Strategic Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian8 May 2017
Great working environment, but they do expect a lot of effort for the salary.
Great opportunities as part of a large Global organisation.
Good salaries offered.
Pros
Great Company, great working environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K