Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Highly recommended
Structured but flexible attitude; working closely with customers, partners, Suppliers

Very professional environment without any biases.
Directors were clueless of everyday activity, seemed like gentleman club where jobs for the boys and not if you suited or performed well. Cream was taken form the top until nothing was left
Pros
None that i experienced
Cons
Office
Excellent team spirit and cross deptartment cooperation
Everyone within the company pulled in the same direction, work ethics were high and demanding.The company looked after the staff and were always thinking of them.The company took time to educate you on its product and personal advancement within. Staff were always on hand to solve problems The best Company I have work for
Pros
Good working condition
Cons
shift patterns
I was incredibly ambitious going into Motorola Solutions, however that was crushed within the first week of work. I was only ever given dull and repetitive jobs that senior members of staff couldn't be bothered to do. I didn't work there long and I tried to make the most of it, however looking back it genuinely saddens me I spent so much time at an organisation that didn't value or care about me.
I was taken on as a graduate and enjoyed the benefits of a graduate training scheme. I was well paid for the job done and I really enjoyed the good working atmosphere.
Pros
Lots of training
I believe the teams and departments that I use to be part off and I work in have been closed down/disbanded/made redundant shortly after I left and therefore any comments here would be irrelevant.
Motorola has been a leader in public safety and two-way comms for many years and continues to be so. It's making big decisions about moving to be more software and service focused, and this
Aprendi a lidar com o publico e ao mesmo tempo funcoes adiministrativas a gestao administrativas ou de pessoas. otima empresa para se trabalhar.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Motorola Solutions?
Great vision, innovate team. Really feel like you are giving something back

A culture that likes to develop talent from within, and a business that values and listens to its staff
A good company to work for, they encourage development and training and support the implementation of new ideas and new ways of working. Enjoyed my time
What makes a great job are great colleagues and manager. I was fortunate to have both at Motorola and very much enjoyed my job. I was fortunate to work on exciting high tier products ensuring successful launches.
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
Cons
Contracting
This was an amazing place to work. Excellent conditions and benefits. Lots of opportunity to advance in your career including paying for relative courses.
Pros
Fantastic place to work great conditions and amazing work force
Cons
there are no negatives
The main learing from this role was to never work in back office sales for telecomms. I became the scapegoat for several issues and management was in place through circumstance more than professionalism and experience
A typical day involved design/documentation/testing, emails, reviews, project governance.

I learned and used more technical design and development tools, as well as people management, task management, and project management activities.

Line management involving personal development was poor but distractions/demands from senior management directly to non-senior subject matter experts was minimised.

It was a great environment to work in but there was a lot of conflict of interests at the graduate and junior subject matter level expert level when it came to the allocation of available technical work.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of personal development from allocated line managers resulting in slow technical career progression.

The most enjoyable part was being involved in different technology developments and learning about new technologies, tools, and test equipment.
If youre looking to work remotely; this is not an ideal company. They would start finding reasons to bring you to work. I was only interested in getting hired as a remote employee. But then they changed the consent.This is the worst company I have worked with. I seriously do not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Easily modifies initial consent
i went into work to make micro chips this job was very high tech and you had to make sure you followed instruction to the letter so that you did not scrap product
Pros
good environment to work
Cons
I built and tested radio receivers, and ran a few different machines that assembled them. I learned alot about working on an assembly line type environment. Management was a big help to me and I got along good with them. I enjoyed working at Motorola, and was sad when my job was no longer needed.
Pros
working at night
assemby work. not stressful envirioment. great team work within team
Worked in digital lines

Hardest part of job was when soldering machines broke down and waiting to get up and running again.

Most enjoyable part was the good rapport with collegues.
Pros
brilliant canteen facilities. Fun days, Great salary
Cons
work pretty repetative
It was a great company to work for and the wages were great. It never felt like going to work as the people I worked with were great at working as part of a team.
Absolutely loved working for Motorola. I was working for them through an agency. I worked all over the UK, my job was to install hardware and software to Yodel warehouses. I absolutely loved the job and was sad to see the job come to an end when the install was completed.
Pros
Great pay, short week
Cons
Long hours, working away from home