MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Voluntary Work
Volunteer Associate Visitor (Current Employee) –  David Niven House in North Hampton20 August 2013
I work every other Monday, Voluntarily from St Josephs Hospice in the Neuro Group with mainly patients who are suffering from Motor Neurone Disease I also meet people with Multiple Sclerosis and who have had a stroke. I give them emotional support.

The patients are offered free complimentary therapy. Reiki, Acupuncture, Massage and other.

The hardest part of my job is coming to terms with the fact that the people I work with are dying. Also when they become very ill.

The enjoyable part is the fact that I can help them emotionally and spiritually and this makes me feel good.
Pros
We have free lunch
Cons
Its an unpaid job.
Interesting position with a well known medical charity
PA to the HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG4 July 2013
A typical administrative role involving lots of paperwork/word processing and general office tasks. I found the HR manager to be personable and extremely supportive. No tasks were particularly onerous or difficult to complete.