MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE ASSOCIATION

MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews
I was able to volunteer and get involved with organising events. Thinking of new events and using my skills to acquire new partners who could help raise awareness and funds.
Probably the most friendly and welcoming place I have worked at, although as I was a Volunteer working for free I think they were always happy to see me. It is a place where you think you are doing something positive to help people with a cruel and fatal disease
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
I work every other Monday, Voluntarily from St Josephs Hospice in the Neuro Group with mainly patients who are suffering from Motor Neurone Disease I also meet people with Multiple Sclerosis and who have had a stroke. I give them emotional support.

The patients are offered free complimentary therapy. Reiki, Acupuncture, Massage and other.

The hardest part of my job is coming to terms with the fact that the people I work with are dying. Also when they become very ill.

The enjoyable part is the fact that I can help them emotionally and spiritually and this makes me feel good.
Pros
We have free lunch
Cons
Its an unpaid job.
A typical administrative role involving lots of paperwork/word processing and general office tasks. I found the HR manager to be personable and extremely supportive. No tasks were particularly onerous or difficult to complete.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE ASSOCIATION. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3