MotoNovo Finance Employee Reviews for Collection Agent

Just another call centre that believes its own hype.
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff6 September 2019
On the surface Motonovo looks quite impressive, a new city center modern building with Ikea style furniture etc but its just another call center.
The pay scale, monthly bonus and opportunities to progress they advertise is very misleading, they do not offer new staff anywhere near the top end pay, mostly just the industry average for the role, regardless of how much experience you have. Most earn little to no monthly bonus due to high targets and the quality framework being designed to penalize in every way. The staff ' benefits ' are also average and worth little to most.
Genuine opportunities to advance are for the favorite few, its not talent and hard work that gets you ahead here, for most its only really sideways moves on to other teams / departments with the minimum necessary training given. Also the usual 'anyone on the phones is just a payroll number ' type culture exists here too.
There was a time that Motonovo was a good company to work for but now its become another call factory. They were one of the best payers too but now there are a lot of other companies / vacancies in Cardiff, especially if you have collections experience, that are offering the same and more which is why they are constantly recruiting and losing staff. My advice would be to apply elsewhere first.

Dont fall for the 4 / 5 star reviews because, as I said, this place is just another typical call center outfit.
24 September 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Our Customers & our People remain our priority, but we appreciate we don’t always hit the mark for everyone.

Our staff benefits are designed with our people in mind. We believe our reward and progression opportunities are strong, but acknowledge that getting there can be challenging, which is why we celebrate individual achievements. We encourage everyone to own their development, but appreciate this needs to be supported by Managers. We will take the feedback on-board and consider how we can encourage opportunities to be more widely embraced and achieved.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can be a different experience for everyone, depending on experience and personality. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as Well Being remains our top priority.

Collections
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff1 September 2019
This department has no idea of strategy or dealing with customers facing financial difficulties. They are very much a smash and grab culture and if you have any kind of collections experience this will be hammered out of you.
You will literally become a number and left to your own devices to deal with things such as system errors and endless complaints as managers are only concerned with you getting back on the phone to take as much money from people who can't afford their vehicle .
They pay well but that money is not enough for the amount of tripe you have to deal with every shift.
Pros
Free squash
Cons
Just motonovo
6 September 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our Business and our Culture for our Customers and our People. Your comments will be taken on board and we will consider our future approach.

With our ongoing passion to be Industry Leaders, we accept that change and growth within our business is rapid. We appreciate how important our People are to us & strive to include everyone on our journey, but we also recognise that improvements can always be made in the way we communicate and how we deliver our strategy.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can sometimes put strains on us all. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as well being is and always will be a high priority.

Thank you for your feedback.

Fast paced and energetic.
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff18 March 2019
The collections department is a fast moving, challenging and energetic section of MotoNovo. It's always busy, there's always something new to learn and each day brings something different.
The department has a large management team who are very hands on, who focus on doing the job properly and who genuinely seem to enjoy their work.
The progression framework is open and transparent, with internal promotions featuring regularly in company/department updates.
On going learning is actively encouraged, qualifications are rewarded well.

Staff wellbeing is a company wide priority!
Pros
Excellent reward and recognition scheme, people are important, management very approachable.
Cons
City centre location so no parking.
12 November 2019

Thank you for your positive review, we are incredibly passionate about our wellbeing and culture and it is great to receive such positive feedback.

Best company
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cardiff3 October 2018
Honestly, if you are hard working and you can self motivate yourself , this is the place for you. The environment is amazing, you always feel involved, management and the team are amazing. We welcome anyone because #everyonematters
Pros
Bonuses, events, canteen, location, many more
15 November 2018

Thank you for your positive comments, we are very passionate about our culture and always want our employees to bring their true self to work!