MotoNovo Finance Employee Reviews in Cardiff

Exciting, challenging, changing environment.
Strategy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff2 December 2019
I have worked in the collections department for nearly 3 years and can say that I have learned a lot since starting. My overall knowledge and understanding of debt collection as well as learning about the financial sector has only increased.

There are a lot of positive challenges at the work place but this is to ensure we are being compliant and ensure we provide the correct outcome for the customer.

The environment is fast paced / busy but the rewards are outstanding! We order in pizza once a month, have a lot of company socials and have other perks such as the Moto V8 pre-paid cards.
Pros
Salary and progression
3 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, it is great to have such wonderful feedback.

Challenging and Dynamic
IT and Change (Current Employee) –  Cardiff2 December 2019
MotoNovo has been growing at a real pace for several years, this brings a different set of challenges. Its not an easy place to work but it is a great place to work. You are treated as an individual and not a number on a spreadsheet. The company seems to have big plans, and if you are positive and actively engage you have a chance to influence and be part of something pretty cool. Great centre location, approachable managers and a big future ahead
3 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

Fast paced, Challenging, and Fun.
Strategy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff27 November 2019
MotoNovo is a very fast paced and challenging working environment. However you are continuously supported and nurtured to help develop a greater skill set and knowledge base in order to become confident in the work you are doing. Numerous courses are also offered that help you further your understanding and progression, with incentives for passing also offered.
You are frequently rewarded for your hard work through various events, including payday bars, social events, collection breakfasts etc. offering a work hard, play hard culture.
3 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback.

It is great to receive such a positive review.

Productive and fun workplace
Freelance Event (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff27 November 2019
Motonovo is a great company to work for on a contractual basis. They are a modern forward thinking company with great benefits and do a great job at training their staff so they can grow within the company.
3 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and comments.

Collections
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 November 2019
MotoNovo is the best company I have worked for.

It is a busy Collections department where you are dealing with people in financial difficulty. We do our best to help customers get back on track.

The company supports us to do qualifications and has a reward scheme so you can progress if you want.

We have a monthly Collections breakfast, there are lots of incentives and fun events going on.

It is a work hard/play hard environment, you do need life experience as you are dealing with customers who can be vulnerable, have lost their job etc. There are some challenging conversations.

Like most jobs you will get out what you put in.

There is a lot of change so if you are a person that wants things to stay the same you may struggle.

The team are great, friendly and supportive of each other.

The company has a open culture, they invest in training and new tech, it is a forward looking business.

If you like helping people and don’t mind a busy environment MotoNovo is a great place to work!
3 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback.

Our culture is incredibly important to us and it is great to receive such positive feedback.

Enjoyable hard working
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 September 2019
Good atmosphere. Strong team work culture. Supported when needed. Okay Holidays. Good reliability and support the staff well. Built good relationships
12 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very passionate about the culture here at Motonovo and it is great to receive such positive feedback.

Just another call centre that believes its own hype.
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff6 September 2019
On the surface Motonovo looks quite impressive, a new city center modern building with Ikea style furniture etc but its just another call center.
The pay scale, monthly bonus and opportunities to progress they advertise is very misleading, they do not offer new staff anywhere near the top end pay, mostly just the industry average for the role, regardless of how much experience you have. Most earn little to no monthly bonus due to high targets and the quality framework being designed to penalize in every way. The staff ' benefits ' are also average and worth little to most.
Genuine opportunities to advance are for the favorite few, its not talent and hard work that gets you ahead here, for most its only really sideways moves on to other teams / departments with the minimum necessary training given. Also the usual 'anyone on the phones is just a payroll number ' type culture exists here too.
There was a time that Motonovo was a good company to work for but now its become another call factory. They were one of the best payers too but now there are a lot of other companies / vacancies in Cardiff, especially if you have collections experience, that are offering the same and more which is why they are constantly recruiting and losing staff. My advice would be to apply elsewhere first.

Dont fall for the 4 / 5 star reviews because, as I said, this place is just another typical call center outfit.
24 September 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Our Customers & our People remain our priority, but we appreciate we don’t always hit the mark for everyone.

Our staff benefits are designed with our people in mind. We believe our reward and progression opportunities are strong, but acknowledge that getting there can be challenging, which is why we celebrate individual achievements. We encourage everyone to own their development, but appreciate this needs to be supported by Managers. We will take the feedback on-board and consider how we can encourage opportunities to be more widely embraced and achieved.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can be a different experience for everyone, depending on experience and personality. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as Well Being remains our top priority.

Collections
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff1 September 2019
This department has no idea of strategy or dealing with customers facing financial difficulties. They are very much a smash and grab culture and if you have any kind of collections experience this will be hammered out of you.
You will literally become a number and left to your own devices to deal with things such as system errors and endless complaints as managers are only concerned with you getting back on the phone to take as much money from people who can't afford their vehicle .
They pay well but that money is not enough for the amount of tripe you have to deal with every shift.
Pros
Free squash
Cons
Just motonovo
6 September 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our Business and our Culture for our Customers and our People. Your comments will be taken on board and we will consider our future approach.

With our ongoing passion to be Industry Leaders, we accept that change and growth within our business is rapid. We appreciate how important our People are to us & strive to include everyone on our journey, but we also recognise that improvements can always be made in the way we communicate and how we deliver our strategy.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can sometimes put strains on us all. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as well being is and always will be a high priority.

Thank you for your feedback.

Complaint Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff12 March 2019
Best company
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cardiff3 October 2018
Honestly, if you are hard working and you can self motivate yourself , this is the place for you. The environment is amazing, you always feel involved, management and the team are amazing. We welcome anyone because #everyonematters
Pros
Bonuses, events, canteen, location, many more
15 November 2018

Thank you for your positive comments, we are very passionate about our culture and always want our employees to bring their true self to work!

motonovo
My role as an insurance sales advisor is (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 May 2018
I was sold a dream job in interview but when I came into the company made so many changes it was not the job I thought I was walking into. The company is a nice company to work for with the benefits and social life you get, just to many changes.
15 November 2018

A lot has changed in the past few months and we recognise that the level of change may not be for everyone. Moving forward we are working on various communication strategies to keep everyone updated on change across MotoNovo Finance.

Thank-you, for your feedback.

Brillant cluture and managment attitudes
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 January 2018
MotoNovo is a brilliant place to work, along with great location, the thing that stood out for me was the culture and feel of the company, you can feel the happy vibe every day and there's no such thing as a bad day, with great colleagues and management, all trying to do the right thing!
Pros
Location, cluture, sports and social club
Cons
No sick pay, low salarys in line woth other roles in the area
15 November 2018

We really appreciate such positive comments, thank you for your review!

Never again
Customer Care Officer (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 January 2018
As a company - great. Compliance - awful. Management within the Compliance team was the worst I have ever experienced. Was provided with little to no training and given no feedback. Have never been so miserable in a job.
15 November 2018

Thank-you for leaving this feedback. We recognise that with the introduction of GDPR some departments went through more strain than others. Our Learning and Development team are hard at work implementing new strategies to ensure everyone, in every department, has the tools and knowledge to perform.

We are happy to discuss any specific concerns you have, feel free to get in touch via TPRteam@motonovofinance.com

No training
Personal loans advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 November 2017
The training department literally does not exist. You’re then given a script to read from, expected to get every single detail right otherwise you get hammered for it. This would be fine if you were given training, but you’re not as there is none, which is ridiculous for such a heavily regulated sector.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Terrible management
Marketing assistant
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 August 2017
I undertook work experience with this firm in order to develop specific marketing skills, recognising that I needed to broaden my business experience. In the role I was given a number of projects to deliver which I found hugely satisfying.
Fun workpalce
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 July 2017
The work was quite monotonous but the team was great. Cant fault the people that worked around me. However very strict on particular things, and not the best at communicating with their empolyees.
Pros
1.5x overtime pay
Cons
large workloads
Great Company
Self Serve Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff11 April 2017
I have worked with MotoNovo for lmost 7 years and it has been a great experience, fantastic company would highly recommend. Great perks and incentives.
Pros
So Many
Cons
For me city centre location
Mnf
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 December 2016
Great place to work. Ethical company.
Whole company is like a big family. Employees are appreciated for the work they do.