MotoNovo Finance Employee Reviews

Collections
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 November 2019
MotoNovo is the best company I have worked for.

It is a busy Collections department where you are dealing with people in financial difficulty. We do our best to help customers get back on track.

The company supports us to do qualifications and has a reward scheme so you can progress if you want.

We have a monthly Collections breakfast, there are lots of incentives and fun events going on.

It is a work hard/play hard environment, you do need life experience as you are dealing with customers who can be vulnerable, have lost their job etc. There are some challenging conversations.

Like most jobs you will get out what you put in.

There is a lot of change so if you are a person that wants things to stay the same you may struggle.

The team are great, friendly and supportive of each other.

The company has a open culture, they invest in training and new tech, it is a forward looking business.

If you like helping people and don’t mind a busy environment MotoNovo is a great place to work!
Ruined my physical and mental well being
Staff (Former Employee) –  UK6 November 2019
Not enough room to list here, just that working here ruined my physical and mental well being. Great pay & staff incentives, but the trade off of poor health & well being isn't worth it.
12 November 2019

I am very sorry to read your comments as we take the mental and physical wellbeing of all our colleagues here at MotoNovo Finance very seriously.This is something that we are currently working on. We have recently signed the Time to Change Pledge and we are also working with Investors in People to ensure we are providing all staff members with as much support and information as possible. If you would like to get in touch regarding this and provide some more clarity on this subject please do get in touch with our Recruitment team on recruitment@motonovovfinance.com

Enjoyable hard working
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 September 2019
Good atmosphere. Strong team work culture. Supported when needed. Okay Holidays. Good reliability and support the staff well. Built good relationships
12 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very passionate about the culture here at Motonovo and it is great to receive such positive feedback.

Just another call centre that believes its own hype.
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff6 September 2019
On the surface Motonovo looks quite impressive, a new city center modern building with Ikea style furniture etc but its just another call center.
The pay scale, monthly bonus and opportunities to progress they advertise is very misleading, they do not offer new staff anywhere near the top end pay, mostly just the industry average for the role, regardless of how much experience you have. Most earn little to no monthly bonus due to high targets and the quality framework being designed to penalize in every way. The staff ' benefits ' are also average and worth little to most.
Genuine opportunities to advance are for the favorite few, its not talent and hard work that gets you ahead here, for most its only really sideways moves on to other teams / departments with the minimum necessary training given. Also the usual 'anyone on the phones is just a payroll number ' type culture exists here too.
There was a time that Motonovo was a good company to work for but now its become another call factory. They were one of the best payers too but now there are a lot of other companies / vacancies in Cardiff, especially if you have collections experience, that are offering the same and more which is why they are constantly recruiting and losing staff. My advice would be to apply elsewhere first.

Dont fall for the 4 / 5 star reviews because, as I said, this place is just another typical call center outfit.
24 September 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Our Customers & our People remain our priority, but we appreciate we don’t always hit the mark for everyone.

Our staff benefits are designed with our people in mind. We believe our reward and progression opportunities are strong, but acknowledge that getting there can be challenging, which is why we celebrate individual achievements. We encourage everyone to own their development, but appreciate this needs to be supported by Managers. We will take the feedback on-board and consider how we can encourage opportunities to be more widely embraced and achieved.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can be a different experience for everyone, depending on experience and personality. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as Well Being remains our top priority.

Collections
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff1 September 2019
This department has no idea of strategy or dealing with customers facing financial difficulties. They are very much a smash and grab culture and if you have any kind of collections experience this will be hammered out of you.
You will literally become a number and left to your own devices to deal with things such as system errors and endless complaints as managers are only concerned with you getting back on the phone to take as much money from people who can't afford their vehicle .
They pay well but that money is not enough for the amount of tripe you have to deal with every shift.
Pros
Free squash
Cons
Just motonovo
6 September 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our Business and our Culture for our Customers and our People. Your comments will be taken on board and we will consider our future approach.

With our ongoing passion to be Industry Leaders, we accept that change and growth within our business is rapid. We appreciate how important our People are to us & strive to include everyone on our journey, but we also recognise that improvements can always be made in the way we communicate and how we deliver our strategy.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can sometimes put strains on us all. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as well being is and always will be a high priority.

Thank you for your feedback.

A great place for experienced professionals or graduates
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff23 April 2019
Answering calls to customers with vehicle quality issues, chasing their complaints around consumer rights and regulations.

How vehicle finance and secured assets work, customer service and complaints handling procedures and consumer rights and laws.

Great management, you can always approach them no matter how small the problem

So many benefits to working here and the best workplace culture you can reasonably expect from a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the professionalism and great people there, and all the free food and gifts from the company or management that really motivates you to value the business culture.
12 November 2019

Thank you for your positive review, we are incredibly passionate about our culture and are very grateful to receive such positive feedback.

Fast paced and energetic.
Collections Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff18 March 2019
The collections department is a fast moving, challenging and energetic section of MotoNovo. It's always busy, there's always something new to learn and each day brings something different.
The department has a large management team who are very hands on, who focus on doing the job properly and who genuinely seem to enjoy their work.
The progression framework is open and transparent, with internal promotions featuring regularly in company/department updates.
On going learning is actively encouraged, qualifications are rewarded well.

Staff wellbeing is a company wide priority!
Pros
Excellent reward and recognition scheme, people are important, management very approachable.
Cons
City centre location so no parking.
12 November 2019

Thank you for your positive review, we are incredibly passionate about our wellbeing and culture and it is great to receive such positive feedback.

Complaint Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff12 March 2019
Low Pay.
Dealer Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff20 January 2019
Company culture is good,staff are brilliant and friendly.

Job itself is challenging and can be enjoyable,can be.

The job is Well underpaid compared to other parts of the business and company’s that work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday,who get paid more for less demanding work.

Some teams work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and get paid a lot more just for answering phones.??

The team is a 7 day operation that’s 9 to 8 (9 to 5 for 7 weeks then a 12 to 8) Monday to Friday with Alternate Saturday 9 to 5 and 10 to 5 on a Sunday.

No advancement within the role.

Rated as one of the Top 100 companies to work for??

Other companies offer more money for a similar role with better,more sociable hours.
I’m currently on the look out for new employment.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Hours.no progression.
28 January 2019

Thank-you for taking the time to leave this review. We do a number of things to keep our salaries competitive which involves looking at our competitors, location and the nature of work involved but naturally, we need to ensure that our customers are being served in the best possible way. This does mean that departmental hours can differ.

We are really proud of progression within the company with over 90 internal moves last year alone but recognise that the visibility of these opportunities can always be improved which is something we are currently looking at.

Feel free to reach out to the Talent Team to have a chat about opportunities within Motonovo Finance.

Best company
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cardiff3 October 2018
Honestly, if you are hard working and you can self motivate yourself , this is the place for you. The environment is amazing, you always feel involved, management and the team are amazing. We welcome anyone because #everyonematters
Pros
Bonuses, events, canteen, location, many more
15 November 2018

Thank you for your positive comments, we are very passionate about our culture and always want our employees to bring their true self to work!

Amazing company to learn and develop
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire10 August 2018
If you're looking for a company where the job is diverse and no two days are the same MotoNovo would be a great fit. There are many finance companies in the UK but MotoNovo offer so much than motor finance. You have multiple products to sell and learn how to become a true consultant to varied size of business.
15 November 2018

As a company, we want to be known for being innovative and embracing change, its great to know that you're onboard our journey!

motonovo
My role as an insurance sales advisor is (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 May 2018
I was sold a dream job in interview but when I came into the company made so many changes it was not the job I thought I was walking into. The company is a nice company to work for with the benefits and social life you get, just to many changes.
15 November 2018

A lot has changed in the past few months and we recognise that the level of change may not be for everyone. Moving forward we are working on various communication strategies to keep everyone updated on change across MotoNovo Finance.

Thank-you, for your feedback.

Brillant cluture and managment attitudes
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 January 2018
MotoNovo is a brilliant place to work, along with great location, the thing that stood out for me was the culture and feel of the company, you can feel the happy vibe every day and there's no such thing as a bad day, with great colleagues and management, all trying to do the right thing!
Pros
Location, cluture, sports and social club
Cons
No sick pay, low salarys in line woth other roles in the area
15 November 2018

We really appreciate such positive comments, thank you for your review!

Never again
Customer Care Officer (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 January 2018
As a company - great. Compliance - awful. Management within the Compliance team was the worst I have ever experienced. Was provided with little to no training and given no feedback. Have never been so miserable in a job.
15 November 2018

Thank-you for leaving this feedback. We recognise that with the introduction of GDPR some departments went through more strain than others. Our Learning and Development team are hard at work implementing new strategies to ensure everyone, in every department, has the tools and knowledge to perform.

We are happy to discuss any specific concerns you have, feel free to get in touch via TPRteam@motonovofinance.com

No training
Personal loans advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 November 2017
The training department literally does not exist. You’re then given a script to read from, expected to get every single detail right otherwise you get hammered for it. This would be fine if you were given training, but you’re not as there is none, which is ridiculous for such a heavily regulated sector.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Terrible management
Marketing assistant
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 August 2017
I undertook work experience with this firm in order to develop specific marketing skills, recognising that I needed to broaden my business experience. In the role I was given a number of projects to deliver which I found hugely satisfying.
Fun workpalce
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 July 2017
The work was quite monotonous but the team was great. Cant fault the people that worked around me. However very strict on particular things, and not the best at communicating with their empolyees.
Pros
1.5x overtime pay
Cons
large workloads
Great Company
Self Serve Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff11 April 2017
I have worked with MotoNovo for lmost 7 years and it has been a great experience, fantastic company would highly recommend. Great perks and incentives.
Pros
So Many
Cons
For me city centre location
Challenging
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based23 January 2017
Very high expectations and stressful conditions. Good work life balance and rewarded for hitting targets. Not a place for the weak minded or if you are unable to motivate yourself.
Pros
Good work life balance and rewards
Cons
High Expectaions
Mnf
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 December 2016
Great place to work. Ethical company.
Whole company is like a big family. Employees are appreciated for the work they do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MotoNovo Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

MotoNovo Finance Reviews by Location