MotoNovo Finance

MotoNovo Finance Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Nice building people are friendly. In the city centre. Clean place. Next to train station. Local shops and restaurants. Good bus and taxi links. Assigned parking.
Is a lack of support from beginning to end, the trainer herself is always late (great impression on new staff). Coaches don’t really do much except chat about their outside of work life. They always go on about understanding customers circumstances but aren’t even interested in their employees circumstances. Wouldn’t recommend to any friends or family. Chels is the only coach who I would recommend
I started reviewing PPI complaints and left as a complaint's analyst. The career progression is certainly there and hard work is recognised and rewarded. I left for another job but I would happily go back to working there again.
Motonovo is a fast paced & dynamic business who drive forward through innovation and change BUT this is only achieved by placing customers first. Since joining the team I've witnessed first hand (not just through reputation) how each Motonovain is truly valued & treated as individuals which breeds a culture of success, development & opportunity for all. The company provides each employee with an incredible & unrivalled benefits package designed to support & offer great products, services & much more!
The business has grown incredibly fast over a short period of time which is great but at present we have our challenges & are working tirelessly through our transformation programmes/period to continue to be leading front the front, this truly excites me as we prepare to adapt & change for the future.

What I love about my job is having the ability to implement change/make decisions without any restraints, it's tough and you do get stretched but the reward, recognition, support and salary is at at highest level.
I have worked in the collections department for nearly 3 years and can say that I have learned a lot since starting. My overall knowledge and understanding of debt collection as well as learning about the financial sector has only increased.

There are a lot of positive challenges at the work place but this is to ensure we are being compliant and ensure we provide the correct outcome for the customer.

The environment is fast paced / busy but the rewards are outstanding! We order in pizza once a month, have a lot of company socials and have other perks such as the Moto V8 pre-paid cards.
Pros
Salary and progression
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, it is great to have such wonderful feedback.
MotoNovo has been growing at a real pace for several years, this brings a different set of challenges. Its not an easy place to work but it is a great place to work. You are treated as an individual and not a number on a spreadsheet. The company seems to have big plans, and if you are positive and actively engage you have a chance to influence and be part of something pretty cool. Great centre location, approachable managers and a big future ahead
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.
MotoNovo is a very fast paced and challenging working environment. However you are continuously supported and nurtured to help develop a greater skill set and knowledge base in order to become confident in the work you are doing. Numerous courses are also offered that help you further your understanding and progression, with incentives for passing also offered.
You are frequently rewarded for your hard work through various events, including payday bars, social events, collection breakfasts etc. offering a work hard, play hard culture.
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback.

It is great to receive such a positive review.
Motonovo is a great company to work for on a contractual basis. They are a modern forward thinking company with great benefits and do a great job at training their staff so they can grow within the company.
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and comments.
Since the day I walked into MotoNovo everyone has made me feel really welcome. The work hard attitude is matched with a fun and very rewarding culture. There are constant job opportunities going where if you prove yourself you can climb the ladder into a higher role. From my experience, there is nothing bad to say about MotoNovo.
Pros
Job opportunities, progression
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback, it is great to receive such a positive review.
MotoNovo is the best company I have worked for.

It is a busy Collections department where you are dealing with people in financial difficulty. We do our best to help customers get back on track.

The company supports us to do qualifications and has a reward scheme so you can progress if you want.

We have a monthly Collections breakfast, there are lots of incentives and fun events going on.

It is a work hard/play hard environment, you do need life experience as you are dealing with customers who can be vulnerable, have lost their job etc. There are some challenging conversations.

Like most jobs you will get out what you put in.

There is a lot of change so if you are a person that wants things to stay the same you may struggle.

The team are great, friendly and supportive of each other.

The company has a open culture, they invest in training and new tech, it is a forward looking business.

If you like helping people and don’t mind a busy environment MotoNovo is a great place to work!
3 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback.

Our culture is incredibly important to us and it is great to receive such positive feedback.
Not enough room to list here, just that working here ruined my physical and mental well being. Great pay & staff incentives, but the trade off of poor health & well being isn't worth it.
12 November 2019
I am very sorry to read your comments as we take the mental and physical wellbeing of all our colleagues here at MotoNovo Finance very seriously.This is something that we are currently working on. We have recently signed the Time to Change Pledge and we are also working with Investors in People to ensure we are providing all staff members with as much support and information as possible. If you would like to get in touch regarding this and provide some more clarity on this subject please do get in touch with our Recruitment team on recruitment@motonovovfinance.com
Good atmosphere. Strong team work culture. Supported when needed. Okay Holidays. Good reliability and support the staff well. Built good relationships
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very passionate about the culture here at Motonovo and it is great to receive such positive feedback.
On the surface Motonovo looks quite impressive, a new city center modern building with Ikea style furniture etc but its just another call center.
The pay scale, monthly bonus and opportunities to progress they advertise is very misleading, they do not offer new staff anywhere near the top end pay, mostly just the industry average for the role, regardless of how much experience you have. Most earn little to no monthly bonus due to high targets and the quality framework being designed to penalize in every way. The staff ' benefits ' are also average and worth little to most.

Genuine opportunities to advance are for the favorite few, its not talent and hard work that gets you ahead here, for most its only really sideways moves on to other teams / departments with the minimum necessary training given. Also the usual 'anyone on the phones is just a payroll number ' type culture exists here too.

There was a time that Motonovo was a good company to work for but now its become another call factory. They were one of the best payers too but now there are a lot of other companies / vacancies in Cardiff, especially if you have collections experience, that are offering the same and more which is why they are constantly recruiting and losing staff. My advice would be to apply elsewhere first.

Dont fall for the 4 / 5 star reviews because, as I said, this place is just another typical call center outfit.
24 September 2019
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Our Customers & our People remain our priority, but we appreciate we don’t always hit the mark for everyone.

Our staff benefits are designed with our people in mind. We believe our reward and progression opportunities are strong, but acknowledge that getting there can be challenging, which is why we celebrate individual achievements. We encourage everyone to own their development, but appreciate this needs to be supported by Managers. We will take the feedback on-board and consider how we can encourage opportunities to be more widely embraced and achieved.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can be a different experience for everyone, depending on experience and personality. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as Well Being remains our top priority.
This department has no idea of strategy or dealing with customers facing financial difficulties. They are very much a smash and grab culture and if you have any kind of collections experience this will be hammered out of you.
You will literally become a number and left to your own devices to deal with things such as system errors and endless complaints as managers are only concerned with you getting back on the phone to take as much money from people who can't afford their vehicle .

They pay well but that money is not enough for the amount of tripe you have to deal with every shift.
Pros
Free squash
Cons
Just motonovo
6 September 2019
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our Business and our Culture for our Customers and our People. Your comments will be taken on board and we will consider our future approach.

With our ongoing passion to be Industry Leaders, we accept that change and growth within our business is rapid. We appreciate how important our People are to us & strive to include everyone on our journey, but we also recognise that improvements can always be made in the way we communicate and how we deliver our strategy.

Our journey is an exciting one, but we do understand that it can sometimes put strains on us all. We will continue to look for ways in which we can support our People more, as well being is and always will be a high priority.

Thank you for your feedback.
Answering calls to customers with vehicle quality issues, chasing their complaints around consumer rights and regulations.

How vehicle finance and secured assets work, customer service and complaints handling procedures and consumer rights and laws.

Great management, you can always approach them no matter how small the problem

So many benefits to working here and the best workplace culture you can reasonably expect from a business.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the professionalism and great people there, and all the free food and gifts from the company or management that really motivates you to value the business culture.
12 November 2019
Thank you for your positive review, we are incredibly passionate about our culture and are very grateful to receive such positive feedback.
The collections department is a fast moving, challenging and energetic section of MotoNovo. It's always busy, there's always something new to learn and each day brings something different.
The department has a large management team who are very hands on, who focus on doing the job properly and who genuinely seem to enjoy their work.

The progression framework is open and transparent, with internal promotions featuring regularly in company/department updates.

On going learning is actively encouraged, qualifications are rewarded well.

Staff wellbeing is a company wide priority!
Pros
Excellent reward and recognition scheme, people are important, management very approachable.
Cons
City centre location so no parking.
12 November 2019
Thank you for your positive review, we are incredibly passionate about our wellbeing and culture and it is great to receive such positive feedback.
Company culture is good,staff are brilliant and friendly.

Job itself is challenging and can be enjoyable,can be.

The job is Well underpaid compared to other parts of the business and company’s that work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday,who get paid more for less demanding work.

Some teams work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and get paid a lot more just for answering phones.??

The team is a 7 day operation that’s 9 to 8 (9 to 5 for 7 weeks then a 12 to 8) Monday to Friday with Alternate Saturday 9 to 5 and 10 to 5 on a Sunday.

No advancement within the role.

Rated as one of the Top 100 companies to work for??

Other companies offer more money for a similar role with better,more sociable hours.

I’m currently on the look out for new employment.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Hours.no progression.
28 January 2019
Thank-you for taking the time to leave this review. We do a number of things to keep our salaries competitive which involves looking at our competitors, location and the nature of work involved but naturally, we need to ensure that our customers are being served in the best possible way. This does mean that departmental hours can differ.

We are really proud of progression within the company with over 90 internal moves last year alone but recognise that the visibility of these opportunities can always be improved which is something we are currently looking at.

Feel free to reach out to the Talent Team to have a chat about opportunities within Motonovo Finance.
Honestly, if you are hard working and you can self motivate yourself , this is the place for you. The environment is amazing, you always feel involved, management and the team are amazing. We welcome anyone because #everyonematters
Pros
Bonuses, events, canteen, location, many more
15 November 2018
Thank you for your positive comments, we are very passionate about our culture and always want our employees to bring their true self to work!
If you're looking for a company where the job is diverse and no two days are the same MotoNovo would be a great fit. There are many finance companies in the UK but MotoNovo offer so much than motor finance. You have multiple products to sell and learn how to become a true consultant to varied size of business.
15 November 2018
As a company, we want to be known for being innovative and embracing change, its great to know that you're onboard our journey!
If your face fits then fine, but career progression is hard when a lot of internal recruitment goes on, Too many people going for the same jobs. If you like to socialise then fine, but if you want a change in direction its hard to find it and get the help you need to do so.
Pros
Free bar
Cons
No parking on site
14 November 2018
With such rapid growth over the past few years and one of our values being 'People as Individuals' we will always look to promote internally wherever possible. The Recruitment Team are always willing to support those looking for the next step in their career, even if this is for more of a niche role rather than management.