Moto Hospitality Ltd Employee Reviews

Hours only available in summer.
Sales Assistant-Costa Coffee (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon20 January 2019
Had an excellent working relationship with management in summer 18, with talks to progress onto supervisor role. I was promised my 28hr contract upon return from my travel abroad. 3 months down the line(upon return from my travels), new manager arrived and cancelled my contract (randomly received my P45).. I was given a 0 hour contract over Christmas, and then only a few night shifts in January (not possible due to part time study).. terrible communication from new manager. Never answered calls or messages with reference to my hours. Forced me into a position where I had to resign unfortunately. Loved working for the company in the summer and put in some serious hours to pay for my trip. Such a shame it ended this way 😞
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unreasonable hours

Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of your time at Moto Hospitality Exeter during Summer 2018.

I'm sorry to hear that your expectations were not met during your time at Moto. Your comments have been forwarded on to the appropriate team for review and to prevent re occurrence.

Hard work but fun
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire3 January 2019
A normal day is you click in 15 before you start you need to ensure that you are ready to start promptly it is hard work but rewarding and you Get what you put into the job and every customer deserves respect and remember the customer is always right and work can be hard but the management will help you to proceed in any direction you require.
Pros
Discount at the units on site and other units within the company
Cons
Difficult when short staffed

Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of us on Indeed.

I really appreciate the positive aspects you've mentioned in your review, we pride ourselves on creating a vibrant and fun atmosphere to work in. Whilst working at Moto can have its challenges, they are met with a hard working, dedicated work force who we look to continue rewarding for their dedication and commitment on a daily basis.

Thank you for your continued support and best of luck for the future

Amazing Development
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire16 January 2019
The company really invest in people and their development you can become a a GM from a customer assistant in a short period of time. The work life balance changes depending who is your RD.

Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of your time with us as a General Manager.

You've left a fantastic review which speaks volumes of the fantastic level of progression our colleagues can experience. We are continually striving towards making Moto a better place to work and your comments are helping to do this.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

HR

Good but can be stressful
Part time role (Current Employee) –  Southwest21 January 2019
Stressful in certain ways, good pay, range of different categories in which one can work in and therefore move around in when searing for ways to progress.

Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of working at Moto Hospitality.

We appreciate the positive things you've mentioned about working at Moto and we consistently strive to improve our working operations on a daily basis. Please don't hesitate to speak to your Line Manager if you have any recommendations for what we could do differently in the future.

Thank you again for your continued work and support

HR

Shocking company to work for.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Trowell, Nottinghamshire5 November 2018
They expect the world from you as an employee with little to nothing in return. You are forced to work long hours, give up holidays, work requested days off and work without breaks. The management offer zero support and do their best work slagging off other colleagues in the smoking area. Even after years of loyalty and hard work the management will stab you in the back to save their jobs after being caught out breaking procedures. If you enjoy having no social life and getting belittled day in day out then it’s definitiely the job for you!
Pros
Cons
17-18 hour shifts, no support system, below average management.
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review of your time working with Moto. I'm sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience of working with Moto as a Department Manager.
We train our management teams to offer extensive support to our colleagues and we actively encourage a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees at our sites.

Your feedback has been passed onto the relevant departments for review. Thank you for your feedback and I wish you the best in your future endeavours

Horrible
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, West Yorkshire16 October 2018
If your face doesn't fit you won't stand a chance, horrible place,management gossiping,do not work here,put you down for stupid hours so you cannot have a life
Avoid
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
29 October 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of us on Indeed. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a poor experience of working with us.

I'm really keen to get further detail from you in regards to the experience you had of working with us. Our HR Helpline offers a private and confidential setting where you can feedback your experiences. Please feel free to give us a call on 01525 878454

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours

Treat not fairly
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  South west2 November 2018
I decided to quit because manager was no management anger! I drove to work around 1 and half hour. Supposed to work 7 and half and half and hour break. As I didn’t have any break I get my job done early finish by 7 hour but I get paid for 6 and half hour!
Pros
Cons
Night shift
9 November 2018

Hi,

Many thanks for your recent review of Moto Hospitality.

I'm really sorry to hear you had a poor experience of working with us. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer our employees and I'm sorry to hear you experienced issues with your pay on the odd occasion.

Thank you for your comments and I wish you the best for the future

HR

If you don't fit into a certain category then you will always be treated like an outsider
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire12 October 2018
I was always expected to work despite other out of work commitments. I wasn't allowed a social life and the hours were ridiculous. Everyone else was on a different Contract as well so they all got paid more than me on bank holidays.
Breaks a short and few. Management was poor and were often treat poorly by them. Not a good place to work if you have a life outside of work.
Pros
Decent discount alright pay
Cons
Literally everything else

Hi,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I apologise that your experience of working at Moto Hospitality was below your expectations.

We take active steps to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance including offering flexible hours and shift patterns as well as varying working days. We carry out extensive training to our management teams with a particular focus on soft skills, as well as operating an Equal Opportunities Policy which applies to all of our 5000+ employees. This ensures all our employees are managed fairly and are treated with respect and dignity.

Thank you for leaving us feedback and I wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Worst place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 October 2018
Worked for the company many years! They decide to employ new general managers who come in the place and then think its okay to abuse the staff to make them feel unsafe and bullied. If you suck up to them you will get away with things but if you do the job and do what your told then you get singled out. Suspend people for doing things they were told to do by the general managers who then dont do checks on units till something gets caught up on. All adds up to the whole system is corrupt and the worst health and safety in a workplace, what ever you do dont apply for this place or after a few weeks youll wish you never did.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, corrupt system, worst place to work
29 October 2018

Hi

Thank you for your comments. I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience of working with Moto. We provide an excellent level of training to our senior management teams to ensure our employees are treated with fairness and equitability. We are extremely diligent with our health and safety standards and this is reflective in the minimal amount of accidents and RIDDOR incidents that occur across our 45 locations.

We are dedicated to taking this feedback on board and to improve for the future. Thank you for your feedback and I wish you all the best.

Terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Not saying12 October 2018
Just a terrible place to work for you will be staff searched and till checked every week and made to feel like your a criminal no work life balance shifts change last min no staff due to budgets so tight GM’s favour other units such as Costa as they make more profit break the law all the time with rest periods between shift no PLH holder on site for the sale of alcohol and no breaks
Pros
Discount
Cons
Moto it’s self

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, I'd like to apologise that you believe your experience of working for Moto Hospitality did not meet your expectations.

We operate with rigorous procedures in place to ensure that all of our employees are treated equitably and with respect. I'm sorry to hear that you are unwilling to offer further detail on the location that these incidents occurred as we would be more than happy to investigate these alleged incidents further.

Thank you for your feedback however and good luck for the future.

Nicest crew ever
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley22 September 2018
It was my first job at the UK, so it might be biased on my overall very positive experience of visiting the country and meeting people here.

But the culture at work and the crew was just fantastic! Salary was very good too, so it's no wonder that some people stay here for 10 and more years.

Would definitely stay here if my university wouldn't be too far away.
Pros
60% discount on burgerking, costa and other site services.
Cons
Manager will ask to do extra shifts or stay longer, but with no extra pay

Hi,

Thank you for your amazing comments of working with Moto Hospitality in Crawley.

We really appreciate the positive feedback you have given us, thank you!

Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavours

HR

Fast moving and always changing to meet customer needs
Area Genaral Manager (Former Employee) –  M4 West & Swansea20 September 2018
It was a great company to work for and always there to offer help and support when needed. Day to day life was reviewing the setup of each department and setting the targets for the day, holding team/manager preopening meeting to pass on any information from HQ and sort any issues. Review Budgets/ P&L etc.

Great management support, however, a little unrealistic at times and slow to move with the times. I always had an open door policy and team members could see me about anything. Customer service was key and meeting their needs was important to me and my team. Meeting and exceeding targets and budgets is what drives me.

The hardest part was getting investment for my site to help improve working standards and grow sales.
Pros
Able to manage your site as if it was your own business
Cons
No investment in much needed works

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback of your time at Moto as an Area General Manager. It's great to hear you have some positive comments about your time at Moto and we really appreciate the positive feedback.

We are focussed on wide-spread site investment and capital expenditure in the coming years with a view to continuing to deliver exceptional customer service in the future.

Thank you for your comments and I wish you all the best for the future

HR

Long hours, no work life balance no money invested
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset1 September 2018
No investment or time to train staff. Always short staffed and expected to cover shifts yourself if Department Manager . Phone calls and texts every day and at all times even if it's your day off.

Staff should never have to work on there own.
Company is happy with recovering 30% customer satisfaction.
Company doesn't care about employee welfare, all it cares about is profit.

Unless your a catering department don't expect to have a decent budget for wages. Sole destroying.
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance. Constant calls and messages even when not in.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback of your time at Moto.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience of working with us. We strive to ensure all of our employees are treated with equitibility and respect; including ensuring they have sufficient daily and weekly rest periods and breaks.

We are continuously looking at new ways to help delivery exceptional customer service which remains one of our top priorities, as well as employee welfare.

Thank you for your comments and I wish you the best for the future

Not as expected
Manager - Costa Coffee (Former Employee) –  Washington6 August 2018
Not able to achieve the KPI's, or audits that Moto expect due to restrictions of the business. Expectations are not achievable under the current regime
Pros
discount scheme
29 August 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of working for Moto.

It's disappointing to see that your experience of working for Moto did not live up to your expectations. We take pride in the standards we strive for as a business in all areas of operations and we offer support and guidance to help our unit managers achieve targets within their role.

We have recently reviewed our measurements for sales, spend and also around KPIs to better fit our aims as a business and we are confident that this will enable our teams to continue to deliver exceptional customer service in the future.

Many thanks for your comments and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Awful. Unsupportive.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire7 August 2018
I would advise anyone to refrain from applying for a job with moto. They expect the world and more yet give nothing back. Barely get a thanks when you walk out the door at the end of your shift. Managers just sit in the office all day. It's too much for them to help the staff that are struggling with a queue out the door, having worked 7+ hours with no break. If you try to voice your concerns. You are immediately shot down. They expect your entire life to revolve around your job. Just in general not a good place to work. And if that doesn't put you off, maybe the rats or flies will.
Pros
Up to 60% Discount at moto services
Cons
Being employed for Moto in general is a con.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience of working at Moto.

We offer continuous training and support to our management teams to ensure we strive for operational excellence and also to reward our employees for their efforts. We have endeavoured to improve our communication facilities by launching our new employee app which as well as providing an array of vital company information; it also allows employees to voice their concerns if their concerns have not been reviewed.

Thank you for your feedback, and I wish you all the best for the future

29 August 2018

Hi

Many thanks for your review of your experience of working at Moto.

I'd firstly like to take this opportunity to apologise for your experiences whilst you were employed by Moto. We are confident in the processes we have in ensuring that the voices of our employees are heard and it's disappointing to hear that you have tried to voice your concerns previously without an amiable outcome.

I would personally like to ensure that we can feed your comments back to the appropriate team and so I would like to invite you to have a private and confidential conversation with our HR helpline on 01525 878454. This is so we can collate some details about your concerns and prevent re-occurrence.

Thank you again for your feedback.
HR

Fun work for school leaver
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield16 July 2018
I worked here for my 1st job after leaving school, to earn some money in the real world before going to college, great environment and always busy, lots of complaints about the prices.........
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Need own transport
3 August 2018

Hi,

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star rated review, we really appreciate your feedback and it's great to hear we provided you with a fantastic experience before continuing with your education.

Thank you also for mentioning our fantastic staff discount as a pro of working with Moto. With regards to our prices, we price ourselves very competitively against other Motorway Service Area operators and along with that, we take pride also in the excellent level of customer service that we deliver.

Thank you again for your comments and good luck for the future!

terrible
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater26 April 2018
Wouldn't recommend to anyone. treated very bad. training was none existent manager well I cant say how bad she was. constantly bothered by homeless person being threatened by them every day reported it but nothing done. Whole environment was bad.
Pros
Cons
all
13 July 2018

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your review and my apologies in responding to you.

It's disappointing to hear you had such a poor experience of working for us, we pride ourselves in delivering training that is excellent and fit for purpose and I'm sorry that this wasn't delivered for you. We have taken your comments on board and would like to offer you the opportunity to discuss your comments further through our HR Helpline if you would like on 01525 878454. This would be in a private and confidential manner and would allow us to prevent re-occurrence.

Thanks and best of luck for the future.

Many years service
Restaurant shift manager (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire20 February 2018
Whilst working within Moto I didn't feel I had the support and opportunities to progress within the company itself. I didn't find trhe company as a Whole very family friendly in regards to the employees with small children
21 March 2018

Hi,

I apologise for the delay in responding to your review. I'm personally disappointed that you feel as though your opportunities whilst working for Moto were limited. We pride ourselves on our ability to develop our employees through our excellent training and succession planning but it's disappointing that you feel as though these opportunities were not available to you. We do have a list of Family Friendly policies that put provisions in place to ensure our employees are treated fairly and objectively in all instances.

If you would like to discuss this further in a private and confidential setting please feel free to contact us on our HR Helpline, 01525 878454. We can then use this information to prevent re-occurrence.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and good luck in your future endeavours.

Bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire13 February 2018
Can progress easily if your face fits. Most department managers will wander around doing nothing. Letting the staff do all the work whilst they get all the rewards, if you speak out or say anything they will end your probation.
3 August 2018

Hi,

I apologise for the delay in responding to your review.

I firstly wanted to apologise that you feel as though you had a poor experience with our management team at your former site. We take pride in the level of training we deliver to our management teams as well as abiding by an Equal Opportunities Policy which sets out our commitment to treating all of our employees equitably and fairly. This applies also to our opportunities for training and progression.

HR

Fast paced with opportunities.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire7 February 2018
Very good place to work especially for young workers, as it gives them an opportunity to earn more than just minimum wage.
Everybody has an opportunity to progress in the business, and with lots of different franchises the chance to gain experience in other areas is possible, but you have to push yourself.
Because Moto is a 24 hour business, the hours and shift patterns can be very strenuous.
The staff don't get as good benefits as they used to, which makes me think has the business reached it's peak?
Pros
Good discount off franchises, Fast paced place
Cons
Can't plan a social life as easy, isn't always enough time to show new staff
13 July 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your comments and we really appreciate the great things you've said about working for Moto.
We are constantly reviewing our list of benefits and have some amazing discounts and new schemes that are being released on a regular basis. If you have any further suggestions please don't hesitate to speak to your line manager.

Thank you again and best of luck in your future career with Moto!

HR

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moto Hospitality Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.