Moto Hospitality Ltd

Moto Hospitality Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom201 reviews
Dont do it!
After working for moto for 3 years i would highly recommend people STAY AWAY! Over worked and under paid. The managers of all units are corrupt and sly they all work together! There is no appreciation for people when they go above and beyond.
They make you empty big bins and scrub toilets ,then go and serve greggs food in the same uniform! They never want to pay you what they owe either. It is a place full of bullies and i dont mean staff they are a delight. Just the managers.
Good Work Environment
I've worked for Moto Hospitality for almost 2 years now. I have always been very content with the working environment. I really like everyone I work with and everyone works well as a team (I appreciate this could vary a lot depending on the site you work at).

It's really nice to see the massive changes that Moto Hospitality has gone through recently. For example, developing new company values, centralising all staff resources and reducing the paperwork for managers (there used to be SO MUCH paperwork).

I have also experienced really good opportunities to progress, with a lot of internal and external support.

Overall, I cant say its perfect. There is always room for improvement (for example I would like more a work/life balance, but I do accept that the nature of the Hospitality sector means we can't always expect this). But I must say, Moto Hospitality is much better than previous companies I have worked for and I think they are only improving at this point.
Good company but its all about the bottom line
Not a lot of support from management and under staffed most of time, if you work in retail thren dont expect breaks or time off. They set standards very low and except poor staff performance.
Only interested in the needs of the business
Alot of bullying goes on. Business needs very high priority. Forced into working nights and long shifts to cover staff shortages. High turn over of staff. Expected to start early/finish late to hand over shifts but not paid for it. Dirty area for staff to take breaks in. Lots of rats around. Overnight safety of staff not provided
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback and I apologise that your expectations weren't met.

We take allegations of bullying extremely seriously and this is not tolerated at any level within Moto. The safety and wellbeing of all of our colleagues is of paramount importance including overnight security, pest control and also our significant investment in colleague facilities which will take place this year.

I'd like to offer our HR helpline out as a way of raising and discussing this allegations you have made as we take them extremely seriously. If you wish to disclose this information, please do so on 01525 878454 where one of our advisors will be more than happy to speak to you about your concerns.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us feedback and I wish you all the best for the future.

Fast Paced
Awful to work for, other employees make the job bearable but the management is the worst I have ever seen. Working here genuinely made me contemplate my will to live and few times and the way head office is seen as better than everyone else is disgusting. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Decent discount, but it’s because everything, is so expensive anyways so you jus pay what you should be paying
Cons
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry things weren't to your expectations.

We are working to embed some core values and behaviours within the Moto family that are really important to us and our colleagues, some of those are to 'do the right thing' and 'give back' to our colleagues and customers. Our management are key to listening and incorporating the needs of our front line colleagues into what we do as a business, helping to maintain an open and supportive environment for our colleagues.

We are also working to more closely align our Central Support services to the needs of each our fantastic colleagues and the sites they work at.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review us and all the best with the future.

Regards

Competitive environment
No two days are the same working at Moto! Management and co-workers provide for an easy and helpful initiation to the working environment of a service station.
Hi,

Thank you for your recent comments of your time at Moto Chieveley. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback, it's all incredibly helpful to make us an even better place to work!

Jack - HR
Very busy place to work,not friendly with new workers
No training is gives so be prepared to learn everything without help.Most of them don't like new people so don't expect too much.Pay is good but you really have to work for it as sometimes it is really busy.Good staff and partner discount card,good prices.
Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of your time so far at Chieveley.

We really appreciate the feedback you've given us and I'm sorry to hear you have some concerns.

Please be assured that each of our brands have thorough and detailed training plans which should be put into place by the unit manager. One of our key commitments is to make moto a great place to work and this starts by investing our time and talent into our people.

If you have any immediate concerns please don't be hesitant to raise them to your line manager. I'll pass your feedback onto the Area General Manager for review.

Thanks once again for taking the time, we really appreciate it!

Overall not great.
I worked for this company for almost two years, I was continually turned down for promotions despite already doing the work of managers. This was due to managment choosing people they socialise with on weekends as apposed to those that can fufill the role.
Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of your time at Moto in Southwaite.

I'm sorry to hear things weren't to your expectations, please be assured that we operate with high levels of transparency and openness when it comes to both recruitment and internal succession plans.

I've taken the opportunity to forward your feedback to the site's Area General Manager for review.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and I'd like to wish you all the best in the future.

Avoid
Archaic management structure and style, no work life balance, awful staff room and facilities, only good thing is your colleagues. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Being paid
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I'm sorry to hear we fell below your expectations.

As part of our vision to transform the UK's rest stop experience, we recognise the invaluable contribution our colleagues have in meeting our customer's needs. We have launched a framework of behaviours and values which are embedding themselves into the way we do things and the way we expect all of our colleagues to behave at work. We are also investing to bring all our colleague facilities up to the standard that is expected.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I wish you all the best for the future.

Good pay
Good pay, always more hours available if you want them. Good team work and hard workers sometimes. Good training opportunities and plenty of learning.
Hi,

Thank you for your recent review of your time at Moto.

Some great comments that you have left us, we really appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback.

1 star is too much
We’re over worked, over tired and constantly stressed. My biggest regret in life was taking a job here. Management is shocking, they just don’t care for you or family at all, I have 0 work life balance and neither has anyone else on my unit
Hi,

Thank you for your comments. I'm really disappointed to hear your situation and as such, I have passed this onto the senior leadership team.

I would very much encourage you to come forward and address your concerns with your line manager so we can understand and address your concerns accordingly. If you have already raised your concerns then please do contact our HR helpline on 01525 878454 who will be happy to assist you.

Jack - HR
There is no work life balance
If you are single and have no life then working here will suit you, when you have personal problems don't go to management because all they care about is the business needs and how much money they earn
Hi,

Thank you for reviewing us and I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience.

I'm really sorry to hear your expectations weren't met, we'll take this feedback forward as we continue to strive to making Moto an outstanding place to work. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Jack - HR
Working in moto was a good opportunity for me I learn lot of things there
I learn how to be nice to strangers and to work as a team

Sometimes I have fun with customers

I love
Hi there,

This is a lovely read and it's great to hear you really enjoyed your time with us at Moto Reading.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I'd like to wish you all the best in your future.

What you learnt
I really enjoyed working here I could be stressful at times the management was not great the guys I worked with were great you were given great discounts across moto sites
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to review us, we're sorry about the delay in responding to your review!

The 4* review is appreciated and it's fantastic to see you enjoyed being part of the Moto family.

Sorry to hear you're no longer with us but I wish you the best in your future career!

Thanks

Jack - HR
Fun workplace and great opportunities
There are always opportunities to progress when you work for Moto.
I worked in M&S and this role was perfect for me. Although the staff possessions and the banking sign off sheets at the beginning were a long process at first, after a couple of weeks it was like second nature.

This was the job that really provided me with the responsibility of a role and gave me chances to excel based on what I believed was best.

This job would be perfect for anyone who's willing to put on a smile and provide exceptional customer service. Great company, amazing benefits (when I worked here I was buying a burger king meal for £1.50!!!!)
6 February 2020
Hi,
Thank you for your recent comments, we're really pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us at Moto!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I wish you all the best for the future.

Terrible Management
No structure, high staff turnover. I was a graduate and was made to make coffees and serve at the till. Well you don't need a graduate to serve coffee !
6 February 2020
Hi,

Firstly thank you for your feedback and I'm really sorry your time at Moto wasn't to your expectations.

We pride ourselves on our site leaders spending valuable time developing our colleagues and creating a truly customer focussed, winning culture. Moto is all about providing a great place for our customers to stop, refresh, eat, drink and re-fuel, and our leaders on site are a key part of making this a reality.

I'm sorry to hear that this isn't what you expected from us and I'd like to wish you all the best in the future.

No comment
It good company to work for
Very friendly

Good communication between staff

Training was shown promptly

Management could be alittle better

Nice environment to work in
23 January 2020
Hi,

Thank you for your recent comments and for giving us a 4* review.

You've provided us with some great feedback and we really appreciate this. As a current employee, I'd encourage you to be open and honest with the feedback you have regarding the management.

Best Regards

Waste of time
Been working for Moto for the past 5 months. In that time, I’ve had pay deducted for no apparent reason, been under paid nearly every week (weekly pay) and management have no clue. It’s a becoming daily occurrence that both myself and colleagues are having to take 5 mins away in the back to just sit and cry about it because we’re struggling to find another job. It’s an absolute joke.
23 January 2020
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened.

We take your comments very seriously and as such can I please insist that you raise the issue with your line manager directly in the first instance?

If you feel that you can't take this step then please call us on our HR helpline to discuss the matter further on 01525 878454.

Warmest Regards

Very good.
This job was a massive step up from my previous job in terms of treatment and pay. I found that I enjoy coming into work at Moto however I used to hate going in to work at my previous job.
10 January 2020
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate the positive things you've said about working at Moto Toddington. We're working extensively to continue to make Moto an even better place to work for our colleagues.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and wishing you continued success in your future career here with us at Moto!

fun
good day to day work ethic on site from quiet days to busy trading days. Good friendly staff that make the day pass. Good incetives at work. Great place to work. Not leaving just seeing what other opportunists are out there
10 January 2020
Hi,

Thank you for your hugely positive feedback as a Greggs Department Manager at Moto. You've highlighted some fantastic benefits of working at Moto, we really appreciate it!

If it's further development you are seeking, please ensure you speak to your Line Manager and also touch base with a member of our fantastic Talent Team who will be happy to talk you through Moto's excellent opportunities for future development!

Give it a miss
If you can find a job elsewhere then I personally would. Bad management, shockingly bad work and life balance. Need to be in the click to get any chance of progressing.
13 December 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your recent comments and I'm disappointed to see you wouldn't recommend working at Moto.

We're proud to ensure equal opportunities to all and we have incredible development opportunities available to all of our Moto colleagues. The work/life balance of our colleagues is really important to us and we're working to develop new opportunities for us to make this better for our teams.

Thank you taking the time to review us, your feedback is appreciated and very valuable to us.

HR
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moto Hospitality Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6