Morrison Utility Services

Morrison Utility Services Employee Reviews

Avoid
Dual Fuel Smart Meter Engineer (Former Employee) –  South West23 February 2020
Don't work here. Couldn't do any longer than 5 months. Management expect you to work over your finish time everyday, even if you are 2 hours away from your home. Threatened by management that if i didnt answer my phone whilst driving i would have pay deducted from my day. Driving up to 250 miles a day. Constant system issues on the eon contract make jobs take hours. Still the engineers fault when the figures come in. Avoid.
Stressful environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 February 2020
stressful, non compliant company, hard work, non regular work, no support, non reliable employees, I found it a real chore working here and i would not advise it too anyone who cannot work under EXTREME pressue
Bad management
Smart Meter Fitter (Former Employee) –  Dartford1 February 2020
Stressful, miss management, favouritism, are a few words I would use to describe my time at Morrison utility service. The culture while I was there was very toxic, bullying. there was also discrimination from management. I worked out of the Dartford yard, so my experience is solely base on my experience from there.
Good Company to work for
National Transport Manager (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire4 January 2020
Morrison Utility Services Plant and Fleet Management Services was a good company to work for. However they do expect you to put in your up most effort every day. Good rewards for maximum effort
Company Background
Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southend on sea1 January 2020
Thier specialist teams and management enable the company to provide a full range of services to the gas sector. thier capabilities are vast and we are able to provide thier clients with a complete end-to-end solution when maintaining their assets. From the design of major works to diversions, mains replacement and the resources required to deliver.
Untrustworthy
Office (Former Employee) –  Bradford4 December 2019
During your training they promise you the world, have lists as long as there arm with the pro’s of working for them

You have 1 weeks training which is not enough! Then your thrown straight in and expected to do everything by yourself.

You go through recruitment agency’s and it’s all very sneaky, you get given incorrect information.

Honestly it’s not worth wasting your time on.
The management are selfish, rude and unprofessional.
good place to work
use of vehicle
uniform provided
bonuses available
local management
need to be able to work alone
The worst
Planner (Former Employee) –  Bradford27 November 2019
Unfortunately unless you fit certain popularity focused criteria you won’t fit in and you will made aware of this from the start. If you care one bit about your mental well-being or work life balance then do not bother as neither are considered important by management
N/a
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Harold Wood (Former Employee) –  Harold Wood23 November 2019
Morrisons are the company who actually saw me being a QS and they are the ones who gave me the shot at it.

Without the support from the Senior management i would have not been a QS today they trusted in my ability and saw somthing that i didnt even see in myself as my background was Management accounting.
Fast paced and Challenging
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dartford30 October 2019
My main role at Morrison's is dealing with recruitment. I have learned how to be more vocal when dealing with managers and using my initiative in certain situations when things are not going as planned. The culture of Morrison's is very fast paced, as you deal with a broad range of people - from employees to managers to potential candidates. I have a very supportive manager. The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to place a high quality candidate to a vacancy we have live.
Avoid
Reinstatement scheduler (Former Employee) –  Raynesway Derby23 October 2019
Very nice and genuine colleagues and nice facilities thankfully make up for the bad management who have no people skills. No flexibility offered with hours and told to think about ones future at the company instead. Incredibly inhuman individuals who run the department. Shocking! AVOID.
Good company to work with
NRSWA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slough15 October 2019
I had a wonderful experience during my time with Morrison Utility Service.
It's really a good company to work with despite a few challenges as with all organisations.

I will always wish to work with them as the work environment is fantastic.

They have a good bonus system which is not common with many organisations.

I give them thumps up.
Pros
More Flexibility
Cons
Longs Hours of work sometimes had a toll on the workers
Wouldn't recommend
Operative (gangs) (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire7 October 2019
Management, supervisors can cause a lot of problems, pay isn't generally what job is worth, do not like to give bonuses and in general badly organised. People get messed about quite alot.
Pros
Job security
Cons
poor management and pay
Managerial ran managerial messed up
Trainee gas service layer (Former Employee) –  Bristol2 October 2019
You set up to lose from the start!
I was taken on jan 6th 2019 and wasnt kept on after my probationary period ran out.
Lots of reasons for this but the main being,you have 3 months probation,you are put through the 1st basic gas quals and put with a 'mentor' who is a sub contractor.
After your 3 months morrison expect the sub contractor to take you on as they dont have 'direct' teams,99% of the work is sub contracted out.the 'mentor' doesnt want to take on a trainee as it eats into their extremely healthy wage they are making at the moment.
I was top in my class on the theory side of things,i was also told in my write up i had a excellent mind and a bright future in the gas industry..all this didnt matter because of the management at the bristol depot and 1 person inparticular (who happens to be running the show there!) If your face doesnt fit it doesnt fit and no matter what evidence i gave supporting my ability in the job it wasnt good enough.
Kept falling back on 'not a team player' when i often stayed til 1900 on some days when all the other morrison employees had gone home! (even another trainee!)
Absolutely avoid this company to work for like the plague!
Pros
Gas quals
Cons
Too many
Do yourself a favour and give them a swerve!
Dual Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 September 2019
After all the uphill drudgery with the disorganised and inadequate training, the vastly incompetent and sociopathic nightmares that were our supervisor AND our manager, the tedious old boy's club type management maul, and of course the all seeing sack of pus that is Oracle it was time to unhook myself from the most defective employer I've had the misfortune to work for - Morrison Utilities, what a shambles!
not the best place to work
Smart Meter Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scotland27 August 2019
Not the worst Job i ever had but certainly not the best - pay is sometimes no correct and the management not always making the right decisions. It served a purpose working here at the time
Morrison utility
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kent26 August 2019
Do not work here you will never get paid correctly.... they deduct your wages and pretend they pay you the missing amount the following month,,,, but then they don’t and deduct you again!!!!!!!!!!! Theivessssss
Poor management structure
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 August 2019
Atmosphere of indifference to individuals, no empathy or symapthy for life evens, long hours low pay and the head of office is condescending in all aspects of interactions with others. Bit of headless chicken mess in terms of process, badly equipt technology wise and software wise, poor communication from top management down just an overall poor environment of working u to death while NO benefit to you. Agencies are used to get people in so if youre looking for job security this isnt the place for you!
Do not work here.
High Voltage Electrical Fitter (Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire13 August 2019
They do not care about their employees.
The pay was decent, especially for
apprentices.
Employees were childish alcoholics.
MUS managers are unprofessional, do not take your seriously and are biased.
Contracted managers seemed to all be very decent from my experience.
Very decent allowance for digs compared to most places.
Overall, a place you'll learn nothing, be shot down for showing interest, and not appreciated.
careless people
Apprentice Electrical Fitter (Former Employee) –  South East30 July 2019
Applied an apprenticeship of an electrical fitter at morrisons recently, was going to get a call from them but was to be untrue,
Wasted time, effort and hope.
what a company!