Morrison's Employee Reviews

Bad management and Nepotism
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  south east15 February 2018
General chaos slow dreadful day I learned avoid these supermarket
jobs at at all costs. even in between jobs management need training in people skills
work place culture if your face fits or family member fine if not too much Nepotism Hardest part of the job dealing with untrained managers not all the managers were bad but supervisors who thought they were special, Good part some of the work colleagues
where great fun that took the edge of this some what disappointing
job
Pros
pay day
Cons
weird shifts management
Easy money
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire15 February 2018
Not too bad, pays the bills but hard if you have a change of circumstances as changing hours and days seems to be impossible. Good amount of benefits offered with the job.
Good environment and friendly people make workplace fun and productive
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon13 February 2018
I have worked in some places in the uk and out of and i am hardworking have to manz experiences and like to cooking i have learned many working skills in resturents when i worked there when we have to much work how to manage and how to help my colleagues hardest part off the job to manage all the orders in time most enjoyble part is when have to much work and everyone is enjoying to do the work .
Work Place
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 February 2018
Overall, Morrisons is a great supermarket where colleagues are helpful and assist when needed. Management are support and keep you on the right track in meeting goals.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire8 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Morrison’s, as warehouse work is something I love to do. Due to a family member becoming seriously ill at the time I started I need to leave the job to help out at home with my mum.
fun workplace
Morrison’s, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 9BZ (Former Employee) –  Walsall8 February 2018
fun and productive place to complete your work experience at. the workers are very friendly and help you gain experience and make it as easy as possible for you.
my usual work experience
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield7 February 2018
I was working from agency, so everyday I waited for message on phone am I going or not, it totally sucked, sometimes got sent to morning shift, sometime nights, then I asked to switch to nights only, I got only night by then, but also then agency manager all the time gave me 2time start points, which wasn't alright too, because how can someone normally feel when he really don't know which time he gonna go to work or what you gonna do next week.
work was really badly organised, I never knew where exactly I gonna work and all the time going to shift with worries where its gonna be at the night.
Good place to work but needs to move move forward
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire6 February 2018
I'm a whole a good company but not with out issues working there has been great but training and structure and also genral process needs to move forward
Easy and friendly place to work in
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire5 February 2018
I worked in the deli area, and it was a really fun place to work in. I built an amazing friendship with other colleagues and customers. Also, the job was quite straight forward with right training given.
Racists
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire5 February 2018
I've been worked three of the stores, all the management team are racist, #1 for discrimination, I had made several complaints but no use, they will be closing store by store in few years I'm sure.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid overtime, racial descremination
Reason for leaving
Costumer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Totton, Hampshire2 February 2018
I left Morrison's due to poor management and them not being very felxable with my hours when i needed to be. Also so due to hoilday issues. Altrhought it was a good place to work for the staff as a whole. Good atmosphere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hoilday entitlement
Fun and friendly environment
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Staveley, Derbyshire1 February 2018
I had a great time at Morrison's met new people and got some new experiences and qualifications and better understanding of customer service also got more confidence.
Pros
Able to get more confidence
Friendly working environment
Trainee Baker (Former Employee) –  Shirley29 January 2018
I was based in the baker department

How to interact with customer, watching stock levels and restocking when needed

This was a very busy working environment

Making sure every thing was hygienic.

Being asked to taste the first batch from the ovens
Pros
Discount card for family
Picking & Packing (Former Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire28 January 2018
I'm responsible for the job must be tidy And if I do not have the help of a friend's work done complete,
I'm good work for all the workers if there's something I do not know Work I asked my boss to show me how it works
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
10 hours per day
Managers were bullys
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 January 2018
Pay was good when Sunday pay was still in force, also now they have the minimum pay increased, OK benefits such as profit share, 5 year Christmas bonus.

Here the but, they lack proper staffing and will run on skeleton staff as much as possible, the managers didn't care about anyone but making themselves look good.
Pros
Profit share, Pay, 5 year Christmas bonus
Cons
Hard working and poor management
Café assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath23 January 2018
I took up this job cause I was at college at time and I've been here nearly 5 years, the management are all very concerned on one section of the store and leave the rest to struggle, with lack of staff nearly everyday it has become very stressful these last few years.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Lack of staff, poor management
Good times
Cash office assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Formby, Lancashire22 January 2018
A good time to work there when I came back from Australia. I did like working in the cash office as it got me doing new things and not repeating the same day over and over again. People were nice and there were too many managers there so it all got a bit complicated when two manager are telling you two different things to do with the same problem.
I left because I needed a bigger contract to live on. I wasn't having a social life and that impacted me as a person.
I did work my hours and never had to do overtime
Pros
staff discount
Fun place for a first job.
Petrol Station Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denbighshire21 January 2018
Statutes in the petrol station, many places to go for overtime, many departments to get experience from and a very friendly staff team, pleasant place to work and reasonable hours.
Pros
Staff canteen and friendly environment
Cons
Management not very supportive
Morrisons review
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire20 January 2018
Morrisons is a fun place and awarding place to work when the management is right.
The people in Morrisons themselves always trying there best to try and make the customers happy but it never get notice but the management.
The hardest part of Morrisons not having set hours and a full time contract and working in the cold and not being able to do more for the company.
The fun part of working at Morrisons is working with good people and making customer happy and making friendships.
I’ve learned a lot in Morrisons customer services how to be a team leader and working round things when some things can’t be sold or something can’t be worked on the shop floor.
Cons
there’s a lot
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troon, South Ayrshire17 January 2018
Love working for Morrisons, I am always busy and have met great team mates where we always help each other to succeed. I have learned a lot about customer services, cash handling and stock management. Working here has also increased my confidence as a person.