Morrison's Employee Reviews

Was a good eye opener
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harwood18 January 2019
It was work experience unpaid voluntary work I learned about being punctual and my communication skills developed quite a lot as there was lots of customers asking for help and I used to get good reviews from the shop floor manager which helped boost my confidence and I'm now able to work in public environment
Pros
Cons
Was unpaid
Fun and productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  North Lanarkshire15 January 2019
I loved working in Morrisons met good friends was hard work if u have worked in that environment before very good pay other staff and management team were good to work with.
enjoyable and hardworking
Costumer service (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 January 2019
I learned a lot about moving at fast pace, but was enjoyable. I worked hard and got praised for that. the staff also worked hard and we worked in a team at some points when the store got busy. I accomplished all my goals within the time scales.
Normal place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 January 2019
Shifts varied from very early mornings to late nights. expected to do a lot of different roles within the one job title, quite a lot of pressure. Pay of supervisor from normal colleague only 20p difference not great for the added pressure, workload and hours.
Pros
Shifts are flexible
Cons
pressure
work life
Staff Line picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton7 January 2019
the manerger where un organised, verry demanding of jobs which where not in the orriganal job description. i lurnt how to drive a lolup the building was dusty and unhigenic.
best first job
Morrisons Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham6 January 2019
morrisons was my first job that made me gain so many skills such as working on my confidence, when working at morrisons i met lots of different people so it made me very social.
Pros
pay
Work experience placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Seaburn4 January 2019
Nice place to work happy friendly staff . helped me to fit in very well i felt confident in my role . I enjoyed helping customers within the store and helped locate products .
great company
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Shetland gas plant4 January 2019
One of the best work experience in my life!!!!!! They are just a great company to work for any problems they deal with it i was in Shetland gas station and on the new forth crossing they are really good and fair to work for cheers
Pros
free travel. free food 4 times a day well looked after
Enjoyable Place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knottingley3 January 2019
A enjoyed my time at Morrisons Knottingley, I found the staff easy to get along with and friendly. I would say the 'hardest part' of the job was challenging customers but thanks to morrisons I was provided with the training to deal with the situations.
Pros
Well Paid, good lenght breaks, over time when asked for
Cons
booking holidays
The people make the job what it is.
Meat and Fish manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil2 January 2019
Morrisons is a great place to work, however the overall feel of the company is that of a struggling one at the moment.

Good opportunities for the youth.

Want to know more about Morrison's?

Ask a question
Not a bad place
Morrison’s Trolly boy (Current Employee) –  Cwmbran Town18 December 2018
Not a bad place to work but it all depend what store in what area you work in money per hour is good and the chance are there for advancement if you wish to chase after them
Pros
Friendly colleagues and liveable wage
Cons
Management kind of sucks sometimes
Stressful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire8 December 2018
Worked for the company many years and was great back in the day but now going downhill fast ,customers complain about lack of stock and how miserable staff always look staff doing work of 3 people, cutback on staff ,never replace ones that leave the pressure and stress day in day out just got too much .Truth from a long-term employee
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stress
The job was busy!
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire5 December 2018
Working at Morrisons helped me to develop my time keeping skills. sometimes working in a fast pace environment it wasn't a job where you can just sit around and wait for the end of your shift.
It was an okay place to work at
House keeper/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chester-le-Street, Durham29 November 2018
I worked as Morrison's for a short while as a friend recommended me the job while their father was head of the cleaning department.
I took it as a way to learn and potentially help out.

I started of on the day shift which was simple and I enjoyed it, I got soon shifted to night shift and was admittedly feeling a bit half trained with it which I could understand seeing as how much of a rush the job was.

I left due to a mutual understanding as I needed to focus on college studies
Pros
Staff was friendly and helpful
Cons
Felt a bit pushed too early to a harder shift
it was there when i needed it
Picker and hygienist Best Connection (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset28 November 2018
In all honesty i didn't enjoy my time picking at all, maybe its because of the language barrier between the members of staff that are working there which make talking to people difficult.
everybody is incredibly stressed during the working times which results in longer working hours because certain things are not achieved.
On the flip side working in hygiene was a lot more relaxing being able to work at your own pace the entire time as long as the work was getting done everything was fine.

Overall wasn't horrible but i think a lot could be done.
Pros
not many
Cons
work is hard and hours are long
Just ok
Party shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield27 November 2018
It’s a great place to work as a student as they work around you because they have too. But as a parent to a young child I am unable to be as flexible as they want me to be and can be quite forceful when it comes to this.
Pros
Good pay and Holidays
Cons
No flexibility for working parents
good place
Morrisons Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bude, Cornwall25 November 2018
busy and full on overall management are okay and staff are friendly. mixture of shifts aren't very good but still an okay place to work. not a very long break
Disgusting
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxted, Surrey21 November 2018
I worked nights and the manager was appalling. Lazy, rude and obnoxious. One night myself and a colleague did 9 pallets of stock working through our break and we only had half a cage left over by the end of the shift after 9 hours. The manager was annoyed we hadn't finished soon but there was no way any could've been faster baring in mind I was 3 weeks new and my colleague 3 months new. Pay good, hours good breaks good.
Pros
Pay
Challenging in busy periods
Cake Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrisons diss20 November 2018
People are friendly love working with the customers . Very challenging in busy periods.i serve customers replenish stock,use of hhts for reductions and stock counts.make sure everything Is full in the counter and all the sendi units. Bake cookies use of the ovens . I currently work 21 hours over a three day period so it's fits in with my home life as I have one child .the job can be very stressful at times and is very busy .
Pros
Lovely work force
Cons
Under staffed
Not for me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry12 November 2018
Good company lots of opportunities however varied hours with zero hour contracts or 8 hour contracts at a push. worked in the cafe for over a year and still not trained on till.
Pros
Good money
Cons
bad hours