Morrison's Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Checkout Operator/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire15 October 2018
I find it to be a very productive and skilful job. On a daily basis you meet challenging customers which would encourage you to use your problem solving skills. The management is very professional and helpful. It was an environment in which the colleagues come together as a team when needed. Every job faces difficulties but I found there is no problem you cannot find a solution for if you put your mind to it. The most enjoyable thing about this job is dealing with new queries on a daily basis also meeting different people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not much opportunities to work your way up
Productive and fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Northampton15 October 2018
working day is good.
I learned a lot of new things. as this kind of work was new to me.
The control is a little non-argonized.
Workers places should always be clean.
Its a job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire13 October 2018
Very busy business, given chance to get higher in the business. Staff are very friendly, the customers become regulars. Great/higher than minimum wage.
Pros
bonus
Cons
Can be stressful in areas if let it get to you
varied job
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport12 October 2018
A typical day at Morrison's is certainly entertaining, it is a busy place to say the least and no two days are the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet a varied set of people and working alongside colleagues. The hardest part of the job I would say is time management and getting everything done that you need to especially if you are being told to help other departments. The management team can vary and although they are supposed to manage the shop and what goes on there isn't much support for colleagues.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
unpaid breaks
Fast paced
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2018
Working here was fast paced but very rewarding. The management and colleagues were all very friendly. Working 12 hour days is hard work but the benefits of 4 on 4 off made up for it
Pros
Local to where I live
Good memories.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  York10 October 2018
It wasn`t best job I ever had, but definately the one I remember as a most... eventful. Lots of strange customers and unexpected situations. Great people as well!
Busy, Fast pace environment
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skipton3 October 2018
Ensure all the fruit and vegetables were suitable for consumption and disposing of any waste. Fully stock the department throughout the day to ensure the freshest of produce was available to the customers. I would help on grocery to stock up when needed and assist in the cafe to clear tables down when they were busy. Occasionally i would help on trolleys.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
always very busy
Us and them (one team +transport)
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne, Kent2 October 2018
No support from morrisons your on your own health and saftey only applies when it's in their favour if you make a mistake or not wilfully break rules you're punished if they do the same it swept under the carpet
Handy
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troon, South Ayrshire29 September 2018
Since I have just finished college, it is a good place to work when you are in a place of study. It is good for working around your college/university days. The fact that you get paid for having a weeks holiday is a bonus whereas I hear of other places of work where that is impossible, I think for a first job/student job its a good place to work.
Friendly, motivating
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen25 September 2018
Friendly motivating place to work. Keeps us workers motivated to provide best customer service, go out our ways to keep customers happy, flexible hours.
nice shop
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton12 September 2018
I fill up and get ready for the day ahead , I dont get much help as we dont have enough staff so aways under pressure , i do like meeting people and cutting the cheese .
Pros
meeting people .
Cons
only doing 16.25 hours a week contract when i like more contract hours .
It's a nice place to work
Night assistant (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester10 September 2018
Morrison's is a good place to work with great job security and many benfits, i can only speak for my store but the people that work there all get along and help each other out whenever needed.
Pros
Good staff to work with.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crossmyloof6 September 2018
In the morning we had to work the fresh delievery before 9am. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently within a team. Management are always on hand to help with the delieveries and to moviate the staff. The hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting in the mornings , rotating and replenishing stock. In my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job was providing exeptional customer service to the public.
Pros
Good colleague morale
Cons
Heavy lifting, strenuous work
excellent
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Northampton2 September 2018
good nice and good service very friendly and helpful and a good place for a good time to be happy and proud to be a even more professional good luck to everyone
Decent
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dudley31 August 2018
Spent most of my time working checkouts but sometimes was placed on kiosk and customer services desk. Management was pretty okay. The hardest part of the job was dealing with troubled customers. The most enjoyable part was working checkouts.
Once good to work for, has little respect for staff
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow29 August 2018
They where once a good company to work for but in recent years they have just gone down hill. Most of this can be attributed to cost cutting leaving stores undermaned yet the same level pf work is expected from this smaller workforce.
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced.work under pressure.dealing with costomer queries
Morrisons Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawick20 August 2018
Cheep good cooked food in canteen for staff.with loads of benefits only open to staff
Very difficult to get public Holliday's off to enjoy with family
not very nice workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Erith17 August 2018
i didnt enjoy my experiene working at this company, i felt like i wasnt treated fairly and the targets to achieve was silly changing everyday so you couldnt possibly know what to do
Not secure and not fun.
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich16 August 2018
The hours of which you work are long and the staff that were around were very inconsiderate and uncaring. The staff I worked with consistently tried to put the blame of mistakes on other people and the hours that were worked were long and at some times very late. Management was also inconsiderate and didn't attempt to help but only order around.
Very tiring and repetitive
Fishmonger (Former Employee) –  Boroughbridge15 August 2018
This was a relatively ok job, it had long shifts that were sometimes easy but then sometimes were extremely draining and felt never ending. The pay was ok and it was a good job to earn a bit of money as a teenager
Pros
Good pay, flexible shifts, a bit of holiday
Cons
Very repetitive, days drag massively