Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the search See all 3,541 reviews
Attending to customers in other to satisfy their needs.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2019
Helpful, ready to meet customers needs,happy to make sure customers are satisfied ,selfless, hard working, obedient, team building, ever ready in all areas to meet customers satisfaction.
Horrible place to work
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 October 2019
Worked here for a year in Glasgow’s Operations. 12 hour working days. Close to impossible to give yourself an hour lunch break as the works too much for one person. Very cliquey place. Perhaps my experience would have been better if I’d worked for a decent manager who happened to love micro managing. In my 17 year career, I’ve never worked for such an inefficient place. I still have nightmares about it.
Pros
The canteen
Cons
one of the worst companies to work for
Lead Project Manager SME CTA (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 October 2019
one of the worst companies I have worled for in over 20 years. they manage people like a 1960s typing pool, with permission needed to go for toilet breaks lunch and if yu leave at 5pm its frawned upon... they want 12 to 16 hrs days out of you with no atmosphere or cultural environment thats nice to work in.. There are a few companies i wouldnt work for ever again and this is the top one.
Get out dark ages , appreciate your staff and get with the times
Sub Contractor
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf30 September 2019
I worked for Morgan Stanley as a sub contractor but while working there I could see that their work ethic was excellent and they treated their staff well.
Excellent place to learn
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow15 September 2019
Not for the faint hearted as this is a fast challenging environment but if your up for the challenge this is the place for you. The options are limitless if you have drive and ambition but you need to put in the hours to achieve the goals.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2019
I was working directly for the Head of Global Liquidity reporting with the extremely challenging brief of implementing the critical and mandatory Liquidity reporting requirements for the bank both in Europe and the US. I was working in a great team of highly experienced and motivated people and there was a great team spirit.
Pros
Many corporate events
Cons
Challenge of working across continents
good
Cyber Analytics (Current Employee) –  Stanley1 September 2019
Great experience, worked with a very focused and dedicated team.
Work culture is very inclusive and would highly recommend this experience to everyone who wants to work in data science.
Hierarchical, Authoritarian
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 August 2019
They pay well. For that you better be ready to keep your head down and not have opinions, especially anything which management can't claim as their own.

Staff disappear and it is never spoken of. Sometimes they leave, sometimes its a HR Action. Never tell HR something personal, it will not end well. Expect your every move to be monitored - Clock in and out, toilet breaks, who you do and don't associate with.

They talk a good game about corporate responsibility, but managers do not like people that take part in these initiatives. If its not about their next car - it really doesn't matter.

Promotions are planned about 5 years in advance, so don't even think about it.

Will potentially lose hundreds of staff to Barclays in coming months - I wish I had jumped sooner, sometimes the grass IS greener.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Orwellian nightmare.
fun work place
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow21 August 2019
my day in the office went by quickly because I had fun carrying out my job, I achieved a lot of computing skills and presentation skills, one hard part was hosting meetings at first but I was able to adapted
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 August 2019
Enjoyed working in this establishment would have continued employment here but location was just too far for me. Fast paced professional work place with friendly staff.
Just a typical bank
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London15 August 2019
It is competitive and management does not communicate very well or give constructive criticism. This leading to internships not been successful or leading them to interview behind employee's backs.
Work live balance was great in the sense you could choose to work from 730am -4pm or 8am till 430pm ect.
Not for everyone
PMO Lead (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2019
Not for everyone
didn't expand knowledge
expected to work till between 8am -11pm.
Team was pleasant enough
Canteen was good.
Not really much else to say.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Great opportunity with high pay
Expense and Travel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London21 July 2019
Working at Morgan Stanley is a great opportunity and they ensure their staff are paid a very good salary. Usually temp - perm roles available, 20 months temp contracts. IBD division was very fast faced, which was exciting and ensured I was always busy.
Pros
Cons
Office environment
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 July 2019
Great atmosphere and great people to work with whether it be with the staff in the kitchen or people who work for the accounting side of Morgan stanley
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Short hours
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2019
Talented and hard-working co-workers, great informal and formal training, ample opportunities to rotate across teams and geographies, great track record and deal flow
Excellent place to work
Real Estate Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater London16 June 2019
Amazing place to work. Great learning experience.good management. Good work culture.
Great brand, nice offices, interesting work, political
Legal Consultant (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2019
Lots of monitoring by peers and by management - eyes on the back of your heads
Management - not very useful
Tough environment
Sales and Trading floor - extremely noisy at times, busy and full on
Staff canteen at Canary Wharf - Bank Street was nice, lots of choices and did special things for Christmas, Easter, etc
If your face fits
Liquidity Controller (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 June 2019
Its a case if your face fits then you'll be treated well. I did my job very well, put up with a very ride colleague but never complained, I went sick for 3 weeks for a serious issue, rushed back for fear for my job. All my reviews were good and no issues were discussed with me.they cut me loose soon after citing performance issues which they told to an external recruiter and not me
Shocking behaviour and I only wish I could have done something about my treatment. Now blacklisted with this company for no reason.
Pros
Cons
bad culture, bad manageable and high chance or racism
Excellent culture
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working here. The Firm consists of great people, with a good work ethic, which ultimately results in an excellent culture.
Decent place to work compared to other investment bank
Corporate Actions Trade Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London17 May 2019
- operations had high turnover, low bonuses and could at times be hard work / long hours
- lots of online learning materials and videos (good comms)
- opportunities to move around and take on different responsibility but harder to get promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Stanley. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K