Morgan Sindall plc

Morgan Sindall plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews
Morgan sindall
It's a great company to work for and be apart off the industry is changing all the time and it's a great experience to be part of the health and safety usually excels within this firm
Great firm to work for
Challenging job role but enjoy most aspects of the health and safety role I am in, always someone to hand to advise and point you in the right direction
Not good.
Management skills are ridiculous. Couldnt organise or schedule work load properly. Access rate is very poor. Was not earning no money as a sub contractor and from first week wanted me to go direct with the company and dismiss the agency i was working through. Nothing professional about this company what so ever! Couldnt organise themselves let alone the comoany
Under paid for long hours worked
A lot of experience players but I found there is a different approach from staff to operative to much pressure to complete jobs on budget & time not got the man power onsite
Good place to work for.
Only changing jobs due to relocating. Unfortunately the company supervisors didn't have a clue, I was asked on many occasions on what the supervisors though i should do.
Site Secretary
Great company to work for. Would definitely work for them again. Highly recommend. Have advised previous colleague's to apply for postions with them and they have got the job!
Pros
Great site to work on
Awful place,
Senior managers bullying women the workplace is barrow in Furness .
Reported but as a vital cog all brushed under the carpet.

Little man shouting and swearing at anyone below him.
Excellent
I have found my experience with Morgan Sindall to be very pleasurable and the personnel they employ are on the whole professional and knowledgeable. Overall a great experience.
Excellent place to work
There are not many companies that you can say are extremely helpful and fun to work with.

Morgan Sindall Plc is the exception. It does have a the hall mark of family business with all the qualities of a large organisation.
Pros
Career opportunites abound
Cons
Communication can be better
Good money, if you can live with bluffers
Excellent money, especially if you work away from home (subsidence package). But it's not worth being canon fodder, for the ridiculously poor management. Preach the rules all the time, but expect you to break them just as much.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor management.
Very poor staff to operative relations.
A very clicky atmosphere where staff would constantly degrade the working operatives and expect unrealistic goals without guidance from seniors.
Site foreman and engineers constantly throwing tantrums when problems arise and just expect the operatives to make things work out while they hide in their offices or drive around in their fancy big cars on ridiculous salaries.

Hard working individuals constantly overlooked for promotions for the friends and family of staff members.

A lot of wasted years of my life.
Pros
Regular work.
Cons
Nothing really.
Excellent conditions & Company
At early stage of detailing design of Whitechapel one of the most demanding of Crossrail stations from their office in Barbican.
Slow start to begin with but picked up speed. Only problem was office space when some of the work had to be contracted out to their main office.
Pros
Good Company to work for
Cons
Small office for large number of staff
great
total control of all aspects of construction management and daily day to day running of the project, whilst maintaining the clients requests on change and value engineering.
A large quantity of invoices were received on a daily basis via post and the internet.

It was a very busy environment, dealing with queries and coding invoices.

The hardest part of the job was getting invoices that had been sitting for a long time paid.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long hours, not enough staff
productive and fun place to work
i work 4 days a week as i am still currently with people plus in porth plazza but they are currently laying people off and not looking for any workers
Was a great place to work
Under new management at ridham docks badly run now treated like dirt and was docked money for something that wasn't my fault and when I tried sticking up for myself about it manager didn't want to know and forced me out as soon as he got the chance, will be getting the union involved.
Pros
8 hour shift
Cons
Set holiday times
Would still be there if not made redundant
Payroll working out travelling fees for drivers holiday pay through building and civil stamps doing pay reviews working out trainees increments paying staff on a weekly basis it wascarol nice place to work and was amalgamated to Morgan sindall and that is when redundancies took place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Happy to go to work each day.
Since starting with Morgan Sindall, I have always been made to feel part of the team. As a decentralised business and working in a central support function I thought it may be challenging. However it is totally the opposite, everyone goes above and beyond to assist each other. I can honestly say I enjoy going to work everyday.
If you want to feel like your part of a team and not just another number then this company is very much a company to consider.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Very enjoyable expierance working for a national company
Enjoyed working with everyone at the company
Great experience with opportunities to improve skill levels with training provided if necessary to help carry out Day to day work schedules
Pros
Local
Cons
No over time available
Serious workplace but had room for fun
I was only at Morgan Sindall for a week due to a work experience course but I had the best week there. I completed all the work set for me before the week ended. Leaving to help the employees with theirs.
Pros
Social workers
Always busy
Always busy, made redundant when moved over, worked all over the place, busy jobs tight schedule, got weekend work always available. Strict health & Safety policy