Morgan Hunt

Morgan Hunt Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
tough job long hours
Tough job, hard management, long hours. Culture is fun however not relaxed. The company is results driven which is great, however work life balance is not equal.
Brilliant!
Loved working for Morgan Hunt and your rep will always check in on you and how you are doing.
Good education department and the team at head office London are lovely. You can always speak or email payroll they get back to you.
Avoid at all costs !
Very poor company, I work for them and still have no contract after 6 months for the housing company I work at.
They said I will do block cleaning but make me do void cleans too which are specialist cleans and they don’t pay you extra like the actual void cleaners get. The management at Morgan hunt are bully’s.
Official response from Morgan Hunt
20 January 2020
We are very disappointed to hear you feel you have not had the outstanding candidate experience we work hard to deliver. As a recruitment company we are very clear on the processes and communication required to provide a fair and clear recruitment process. We would appreciate further feedback, so please get in touch with us on feedback@morganhunt.com.
I enjoyed working with morgon hunt
I learnt new skills relevant to my job role. Morgon hunt management team is a professional, keep good relations with employees, helpful and polite.I worked at South and City college as a support worker and enjoyed work there, there were some autistic students whom to work at the start gone harder but by time I learnt more about and got it easy and enjoyable.
Not a genuine jobs agency.
They don't give the job advertised (Cleaner to work with a Housing Association in West London), but they just wanted and press me to go and register in their central London office for the future jobs. A hook to bully honest workers.
nill
Adivisers are abusive and bad.Payrole team are also not good. no communication no respect.=they are awful.
The advisers have no respect and they dictate what ever they want with out listening you,they sometimes say we dont pay if dont do what we want from you.
Pros
Cons
management team is bad
Very good
I enjoyed my work experience there and I would love to work there as i really enjoyed it and interacted with a lot of people and made ,e become interested working for a company like them.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun but high pressure sales
A typical day at work would be getting there for 7:45 am leaving at 6 pm. Team briefing setting daily targets. Dividing up the day into candidate time and client time. Getting on the phones and developing new business by attracting new clients. Calling any leads you have to generate new business. Interview and meet both clients and candidates. Sell the candidate to the client, and sell the position available to the candidates to make a good match for employment. Send cv's to jobs. Ensure all compliance checks are done and the candidate has legal right to work etc.

Management was excellent, and there is a really strong sense of comradery in the workplace. Everyone is extremely busy but you can talk to anyone there if you need help.

The hardest part of the job is juggling so many aspects of the job at the same time, There are a million things you're doing at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going out on client meetings, and having a good laugh with your team.
Pros
Excellent commission structure
Cons
Long hours, building desk from scratch, high pressure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Morgan Hunt?
Lecturer - Morgan Hunt Manchester
This company is focused on growth. Your welfare is not their concern. I was told by College that I had to attend staff meetings, parents evening and open days unpaid. As an agency member of staff I worked over 60 hours without pay. Issue not resolved by Morgan Hunt, it was between College and myself.
Morgan Hunt will not support their staff in case they lose the College contract.

They also regularly forget to pay you! They will blame the College.

Morgan Hunt are ill informed, apathetic and unsupportive.
Pros
Finding a full time permanent job elsewhere.
Cons
Incorrect or missed pay, working for free and they do not care.
Great
Morgan hunt is a good place to work. It has a great working environment and everyday is very different. The leadership is great and there are good training opportunities.
Friendly, efficient and supportive
Friendly and efficient work ethic. Morgan Hunt adds value to its employees. Working for them has helped my professional growth in so many ways. I wouldn't be where I am today without their support and encouragement. They are a cut above the rest and always go the extra mile to find a perfect job role for their employees.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Most of their contracts are short term
Mixed review
Pros
Great values and vision

On the whole a good culture

Good benefits

Cons

Very political place to work

Staff retention is an issue

Made a lot of cuts due to underperformance
Excellent
Excellent company to work for. I felt a valued asset to their agency team. I was able to decide my own working hours. Weekly pay. Morgan Hunt recruitment team were always polite and professional.
Pros
I never felt pressurised to accept work
Cons
N/a
Contract worker with limited opportunities
A typical day consisted of arriving to work on time, teaching classes and completing administrative tasks. I learned to work efficiently to maintain a sense of well being. Management focused on self preservation and the workplace culture was very complacent. The hardest part of the job was getting responses from management about your concerns. The most enjoyable part was not being micro managed.
Pros
Not being micromanaged.
Cons
No room for advancement.
pleasant,tranquil and exciting environment
Morning briefing and designated location.
Everyday we learned new and exciting things regarding the job role.

The management was always helpful and eager to provide new information.

The most difficult part was engaging with uncooperative colleges.

The best part was when everything went according to the plan.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
low wage
great company values
morgan hunt is a great company however i feel the manchester office isnt managed well and they have a high turn over of staff due to this. i enjoyed and appriecated all the constant training
sent me to a great school
I worked for a whole term with Morgan hunt a really nice agency to work with, this was the first place I worked with after my PGCE supported me in my work place.
Productive and fun work place
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Morgan Hunt. Everyone I worked with during my time with the company were professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend working for them to friends and family.
good job
.good support.nice staff but no guarantee of continued work. college were horrible to work for. i didnt return and the management system were very unsupportive. morgan hunt did there best.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no guarantee of work
n/a
Not relevant as I have not worked for Morgan hunt for many years.
However based on prior experience I would be happy to work with this agency again.

looking forward to working with them again should this be required
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great company
Morgan Hunt strive to create an inclusive, friendly working atmosphere that takes work/life balance into consideration. I'd recommend applying for a role here as it'd make a great spring board into a fruitful career or a fantastic long term option that will see you progress through the ranks if the effort is put in.