Morgan Hunt Employee Reviews

Fun but high pressure sales
Specialist Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London25 February 2019
A typical day at work would be getting there for 7:45 am leaving at 6 pm. Team briefing setting daily targets. Dividing up the day into candidate time and client time. Getting on the phones and developing new business by attracting new clients. Calling any leads you have to generate new business. Interview and meet both clients and candidates. Sell the candidate to the client, and sell the position available to the candidates to make a good match for employment. Send cv's to jobs. Ensure all compliance checks are done and the candidate has legal right to work etc.

Management was excellent, and there is a really strong sense of comradery in the workplace. Everyone is extremely busy but you can talk to anyone there if you need help.

The hardest part of the job is juggling so many aspects of the job at the same time, There are a million things you're doing at once.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going out on client meetings, and having a good laugh with your team.
Pros
Excellent commission structure
Cons
Long hours, building desk from scratch, high pressure
Lecturer - Morgan Hunt Manchester
Lecturer (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester9 February 2019
This company is focused on growth. Your welfare is not their concern. I was told by College that I had to attend staff meetings, parents evening and open days unpaid. As an agency member of staff I worked over 60 hours without pay. Issue not resolved by Morgan Hunt, it was between College and myself.
Morgan Hunt will not support their staff in case they lose the College contract.
They also regularly forget to pay you! They will blame the College.
Morgan Hunt are ill informed, apathetic and unsupportive.
Pros
Finding a full time permanent job elsewhere.
Cons
Incorrect or missed pay, working for free and they do not care.
Mixed review
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 April 2018
Pros
Great values and vision
On the whole a good culture
Good benefits

Cons
Very political place to work
Staff retention is an issue
Made a lot of cuts due to underperformance
Excellent
Project Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool25 February 2018
Excellent company to work for. I felt a valued asset to their agency team. I was able to decide my own working hours. Weekly pay. Morgan Hunt recruitment team were always polite and professional.
Pros
I never felt pressurised to accept work
Cons
N/a
Contract worker with limited opportunities
ESOL Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Greater London28 January 2018
A typical day consisted of arriving to work on time, teaching classes and completing administrative tasks. I learned to work efficiently to maintain a sense of well being. Management focused on self preservation and the workplace culture was very complacent. The hardest part of the job was getting responses from management about your concerns. The most enjoyable part was not being micro managed.
Pros
Not being micromanaged.
Cons
No room for advancement.
sent me to a great school
Supply Teacher - Date of employment (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 September 2017
I worked for a whole term with Morgan hunt a really nice agency to work with, this was the first place I worked with after my PGCE supported me in my work place.
Productive and fun work place
Project Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Docherty Project5 August 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Morgan Hunt. Everyone I worked with during my time with the company were professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend working for them to friends and family.
good job
chef lecturer (Former Employee) –  wirral met college25 July 2017
.good support.nice staff but no guarantee of continued work. college were horrible to work for. i didnt return and the management system were very unsupportive. morgan hunt did there best.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no guarantee of work
Great company
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2017
Morgan Hunt strive to create an inclusive, friendly working atmosphere that takes work/life balance into consideration. I'd recommend applying for a role here as it'd make a great spring board into a fruitful career or a fantastic long term option that will see you progress through the ranks if the effort is put in.
very supportive
Lecturer - FS English/ Nova Training (Former Employee) –  London, UK26 April 2017
they are a type of organisation that i will recommend to anybody that will listen. the team are very understanding and supportive. they take workers through the process of work and support workers through the time of work and after. they are always ready to assist so far it is within the working hour.
Good company culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 March 2017
The hours are long but that is just recruitment.
Morgan Hunt gave me the tools to manage people and business and provided some useful learning experiences.
The culture is of hardworking and results orientated.
Pros
Large rewards
Cons
Lots of targeting and key performance indicators.
Productive and fun workplace
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moorgate Station12 December 2016
I would highly recommend morgan hunt as they are a professinal enviroment to work in offering great support and benefits. I would definatly consider it to be one of the best companies i have worked for!
Pros
fruit tuesdays
One week Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Pauls11 August 2016
Morgan Hunt was my work experience place where I volunteered.
I worked within the HR team. Where i death with advertising jobs and and being a recruitment consultant. I took part in, interviews and answering phone calls as well as making them.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Don't have any
Short but productive and experience worthy
Business Support Officer (Temp) Date (Former Employee) –  Southwark, ENG7 November 2015
It was an agency work as a support officer with a local council.
The day starts with collection, checking of mails (letters and emails), distributing them internally and responding to some as appropriate by scanning and logging them to the appropriate officers.

The atmosphere was official but fun and team work was spot on. Staff were friendly and easy to flow with.

Management style was consultative most of the time.

Hardest part is dealing with an aggrieved client who feels he/she should have been given priority.

The fulfilling part is to know your work has made a difference in the life of a client who has been housed
Pros
Good regular wages, training opportunities
Cons
Lack of job security
productive and fun work place
CV Formatter (Current Employee) –  Mancheter25 September 2015
days are busy day
manager is good
I have a great co worker
my job isn't hard
and i love the office i work in there is so many nice people
Excellent
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Leicester14 April 2015
Excellent -
Teaching functional skills.
I learnt good use of online greenhouse for managing documents, timesheets, pay slips etc

A very flexible and easy to contact management

Dealing with challenging behaviours

Working with more able students
Pros
Online based system
Great training structure
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2014
Provided great training, some team are better managed than others.
Pros
Training
Cons
Job security, even if you hit your KPIs if you're not making money you will be asked to leave
Very relaxing/friendly working enviromen t
Housing Call Centre Admin (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 July 2014
Morgan Hunt is an excellent Employer who constantly cater for each staff employment needs. They contact staff weekly to ensure that they are happy and suited to their job role and offer room for improvement such as the latest jobs and good rate of pay
A typical day at work includes prioritising my workload for the day;
update my co workers/management of any outstanding or emergencies. The most enjoyable is speaking to the tenants who are happy with the service they receive.
Pros
Management is very accomodating to the various needs of staff with disability
Cons
the only con is the distant I travel each day but I am flexible
Lovely and easy company
Resident Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2014
This job was fun and challenging. I learnt a lot about the Construction business form the inside and this has made me appreciate the things that go into producing completed works.

The team that i worked with were a lovely bunch who taught me a lot.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to always give residents what they wanted, as some of their requests were out of the scope of works from the client.

The most rewarding part of my job was being able to see the residents face when they are happy with the works completed.
Confused and Lost
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lodnon7 June 2014
Morgan Hunt has been sitting on it laurels for over 3 years, the company has moved with the times and its now being left behind in one of the UKs fastest developing markets.

If the organisation concentrated on its employees and customers instead of managing the in fighting between the directors it would make the working environment a lot more proactive and fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan Hunt Reviews by Location