Moorview Care Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire15 March 2019
Ive worked for moorview since june 2018 and I've never looked back.. Tenants are absolutely amazing and the sense of achievement you get is worth more than money can buy. Staff and management from seniors upwards are very supportive in work life and your private life if you need help they are always there.. I feel proud to be working where i am and job satisfaction is brilliant.. I would advise anyone looking for an awesome place to work to come join our team, friendly and approachable staff and lots of training given to help you along the way.. If you want to go home every day smiling and feeling a massive sense of achievement then look no further.. Moorview is the place to be.
Pros
Too many to write
Most Fair and Understanding Company
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Hunmanby, North Yorkshire11 September 2018
I am an 'older person' who had not worked in the care profession before applying for the job as Support Worker with Moorview Care.
Moorview looked beyond my years and lack of experience and focused instead on my life skills and personality.
I have worked for the company for nearly 2yrs now.

Management have supported me throughout my development with advice and training, their door is always open for a chat whether
in-formal or formal.
The owners of the company go out of their way to introduce themselves to their staff members, insuring they personally get to know you which helps to break down any barriers or fears one may have in relation to higher ranking members of management.

The hours can be very long and the role at times, can be rather mentally straining but the satisfaction one feels knowing you have made a big difference to a persons life is most rewarding.

I class myself as a member of a fantastic team who have all been professionally trained to a very high standard ensuring the continuity of the support/care that we give to our tenants.

This job may not be for everybody, i was not sure if it would be right for me until i had the opportunity to give it a try.
I am most greatful and proud to be a valued part of a fantastic company.
Pros
Job Satisfaction. Personal Development and Training
Cons
Do not work for this company
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire15 May 2018
Low wage for the actual work you do. No support from management and definitely no work/life balance. Understaffed constantly thereby staff are pushed to beyond their limits providing a poor standard of care for residents and staff.
Pros
Cons
70+ hours a week is a joke!
Fun but challenging place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire6 May 2018
I have worked for Moorview for over a year, before coming to work within this roll I did a lot of volunteering within other health and social care sectors.
I found these places not very welcoming and also found it difficult to do the job at hand.
when I came across Moorview I had heard a lot of bad things, I completely understand how people feel when they read the bad things, yes hours can be long but its so worth it if this is the job for you.
but let me just explain the good side to this job and company.
1. You completely change the tenants life's.
2. Everyday is different,
3. You feel a sense of achievement when you see the tenants thriving.
4. We promote INDEPENDANCE.
5. You get the chance to work as a very supportive team who become a part of your family.
6. Team leaders and senior support workers give you a lot of support when needed.
7. You are completely changing life's of people allowing them to live In a happy carefree environment.
8. They all have beautiful homes and each tenant is happy to welcome you into their home.
9. Needs of all tenants are completely different but all met by the great team we have.
10.WE ARE LIKE A FAMILY.
so weigh up the pros and cons, yes it can be challenging, but if this is the job for you, come and join our crazy, fulfilled family!!
Pros
Completely change lifes of others.
Avoid avoid
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough2 February 2018
the worst management I have ever come across working within this industry! No support, poor training and a lot of inexperienced staff working with individuals of complex needs that far exceeds staff knowledge. long hours for terrible pay and that's if they get your wage right. Staff are often asked to work what is legally dangerous hours due to staff shortages which I can only put down to really low staff moral and horrible working conditions. I have tried to think of something positive but there is nothing.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor knowledge of service users needs, long hours and poor pay
Bad management bad staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Yorkshire18 January 2018
AVOID...low pay long hours no support , inexperienced staff...supporting individuals with needs way beyond the training provided , something is definitely wrong and needs addressing quickly !!!!!
Pros
Cons
Lower management/seniors
Fantastic opportunities
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, North Yorkshire7 May 2017
I have worked for Moorview Care 4 years now and gone from part time work to a full time Service Manager position. Support and training within the company has been fantastic with a very approachable management team willing to invest in their staff.The company is very much person centred with the welfare of service users upper most in all their plans.
Shifts and hours are variable but even the longer shifts are filled with opportunities to support and develop the lives of our service users.
I would strongly recommend a career with Moorview Care especially if you would like to develop and expand your career.
Pros
excellent training and opportunities to develop
The best!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, North Yorkshire24 March 2017
Having worked for 'Home care' providers in the past I was looking for a job where I could actually spend time with those I was supporting and make a positive difference to their lives.
Since working for Moorview Care I have received lots of training, much more so than any other job I've had in the past. I regularly support people to do really fun things, for example we go to concerts, horse riding, even quad biking!!
The management team are brilliant, very supportive and are truly invested in getting the best out of all of the staff. They often work alongside the staff and do not hide away in an office! Staff who want to progress their career have opportunity to do so, through mentoring and training.
I would recommend Moorview Care to anyone interested in working with Adults with learning disabilities, they a genuinely person centred!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I can't think of any!
Great staff team
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hunmanby, North Yorkshire16 March 2017
Working at Moorview Care can be challenging but can be a fun place to work. Management are always on hand when required and more than willing to help where possible. The hours can be long and a few days in a row can be tiring and draining but management do try their best with the rota's to balance it out. Your work doesn't go unnoticed and can often be rewarded which is different to most companies I have previously worked for. The team make you feel very welcome and be part of their family unit very quickly.
Pros
Above minimum wage, close team, strong management
Cons
A wonderful place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, North Yorkshire25 January 2017
Moorview Care is a wonderful company to work for - there is a lot of variety, plenty of learning opportunities and training available and great support from a well organised management team. I have always felt valued and part of a close-knit team.

I can recommend the company to anyone who is interested in supporting people who have learning disabilities - they really make a difference and that's great to be a part of.

It's a family run company, putting staff and the people they support first. A genuinely happy and fulfilling place to work.
Pros
Good pay & rewards for good performance
Fun and exciting work place with great oppourtunities
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby12 August 2016
Typically I work within a range of buildings and support a variety of adults with different person specific requirements. I have learnt and can confidently transport wheelchair users in their own personal vehicles with specific restraints. I administer medication and support service users with financial tasks such as purchasing and financial paperwork. I support service users to attend appointments and with any activities they would like to participate in.

The hardest part of my job can be dealing with challenging behaviours that are sometimes present. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a service user achieve something that would not have been possible without my support, knowing I have made a positive difference.
Pros
Rewarding and thoroughly enjoyable. Fantastic managerial support.
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and challenging
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough9 May 2016
I thoroughly enjoy my work with the company, every day has new challenges, I have learnt a lot about leaning difficulty problems.
Pros
Social activities