Moody's Corporation Employee Reviews

Good learn
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London7 November 2017
The environment is great, but the salaries are too low.. management are ok, but you can't always learn from them, the hardest part of the job the is the micromanagement from some managers.
Busy and engaging
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 March 2016
A growing company bringing daily challenges. Ability to develop yourself and learn from others.

Fun atmosphere with great colleagues.
Pros
Health insurance, pension
Cons
Role is treated with low regard
Productive, team based environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG23 October 2015
A fast paced working environment with a great team of colleagues.
I was able to learn a number of new skills for the brief time i was working here.
Good work-life balance, boring job
Financial Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG14 October 2015
Good work-life balance, many nice people to learn from. I havent been very lucky with my job, I thought it would be very quantitative and instead its really not. Now I am looking forward to leaving.
Cons
Job
High pressure, low rewards and could do more creatively
Events & Outreach Associate (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf17 February 2015
Lots of work, good team, supportive working environment, zero creativity. The events are interesting to work on although it's the format needs updating and could be more refreshing as conferences go.
Cons
Great opportunity to learn from peers
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ENG3 February 2015
Moody's provides a great place to learn and talk to people with different backgrounds. It is easy to meet colleagues from different levels in order to leverage of their experience and knowledge
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
Slow progression
Blame culture is rife
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  London19 February 2014
A 'get it off your desk' mentality rather than a culture that nurtures accountability has sadly tainted my views of this company.
It was a professional yet fun environment and was conducive to work.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, ENG28 January 2014
During the 5 days that I did work experience at Moody's Analytics, I was to arrive at 9:45 but some days I arrived earlier if I had a lot of work to be completed that day. During the 5 days as team leader I and my team analysed the data that we were given and extracted key information, then I did a lot of internet research and put the data and research into a presentation that I and my team had to present to senior members of the company. I learned that I really enjoyed the office atmosphere and I like travelling to work and the end goal is worth all the hard work I put in. I liked my co-workers, they were people I knew from school but I was not friends with, but regardless this experience brought us together and we got along very well. The hardest part of the job was around 3/4 o'clock when I started to get a bit tired because the school day ends at 3 o'clock but I had to push thorough and continue working. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in my team, the people I was with were an amazing group of people and the feeling on the last day when our task was complete and we were told we did a good job.
Pros
Free lunches, interaction with other, getting to take a stroll at lunch through Canary Wharf.
Cons
We were not allowed onto other floors so I just sat in the same place all day for 5 days.
Ok
Product Strategist (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2013
Great to start, working with lots of smart people. Interesting projects.
Global company, hence long hours - weekends inclusive.
But enough flexibility
Pros
Great to start, working with lots of smart people
Cons
too much politics
Challenging work place
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2013
Whilst at Sir George Monoux we were provided the opportunity to work for companies according to our subjects.
This was an extremely exciting opportunity for me to work for Moody's as a Finance Analyst.

My duties included:
Undertaking a project under corporate finance on syndicated loan ratings which was then investigated and analysed and required data extraction and collation of data; this highlighted an ability of analysis and solving problems.
Production of information on Moody’s performance in EMEA versus their competitors
Compilation of information and data necessary to create market share, competitive and positioning reports.
Assisting in the compilation of the monthly sales activity report using excel functions such as macros.
Filing, archiving & photocopying of invoices, statements and correspondence.
Average workplace that started out great but slowly started going south...
Technology Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York18 May 2012
Moody's started out as being a place that felt almost too good to be true. To start with they made me feel like I was a star employee because I took on things that were outside of my purview. However, when it came to things I did know about and volunteered my opinion on, I was made to feel quite low. They have a hard time improving process and making intelligent management decisions. People who deserve promotions don't get them and they decide to hire external candidates instead of trusted internal employees. I'd say it's average. The co-workers are great, generally speaking. I've made some life long friendships here. There was also a fair amount of travel for my position to places like Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo, which was pretty great given that you travel in business class. It was later on that they scrutinized the expense report when there was nothing in the policy that you deviated from. Seemed like a lot of nit-picking after awhile.