Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Employee Reviews

wouldn't recommend
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire8 March 2019
As an apprentice, the work I was expected to do was too much. 10 hour days with half hour unpaid lunch break as my only break. Had to pay £50 for my DBS check, which I later told another staff member who said the company should have paid. Gossiping staff, poor training, expected to do/ know everything for low pay.
Of course I loved the children, but honestly it was not worth it at all.
Oh, and when I left they never sent me my P45.
Pros
lovely children
Cons
everything above
Do not work there
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire5 March 2019
Terrible experience
Managers gossip about all their staff
The staff gossip about the children!

Over time everyday, never paid for it properly
Unorganised, children never go outside and the owner is really not a nice person.
Good experience
Part time Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans28 February 2019
Good range of staff and work well with the children in the setting. Setting is in a lovely area and enjoyable to take children out for walks and to local parks.
Expected hours but is understaffed and overtime occurs regularly.
unpleasent time AVOID
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 February 2019
you feel like not part of a team, very clicky you definitely don't feel valued.

the staff always put the parents children down by saying derogatory things about them, they spread gossip about other workers and yourself instead of interacting with the children.

they say they will put you on extra training courses it never happened, if the ratio was out then you had to stay extra hours, you never got paid for and you never got the hours owed back to you either.

I would never let my child stay there. I was forewarned about this nursery during my employment there. Now I agree that I would avoid at all cost!
Pros
met some lovely children
Cons
long hours, expected to do free overtime, management were awful
A fantastic team and ethos
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire26 November 2018
Its clear to see that the children come first and the team create a fun environment that supports both the children and the staff. New team members are welcomed into the setting and will be trained and gradually given responsibilities such as Key Children. The team are diverse and enjoy celebrating the achievements of the children and of each other.

A great place to work with a lovely atmosphere and a happy and secure environment for the children.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Not a nice place to work management are false
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
This is not a nice place to work the management is poor and it’s all false your just a Number no respect for staff as long as the job is done they don’t care and they don’t care about the children just money
AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Job security
Friendly place of work
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 September 2018
Monkey Puzzle is a great place to work, all the children and parents are lovely. Staff members are friendly and easy to get along with. Management listen to all concerns and deal with them accordingly.
Pros
Staff are great
was good
Nursery practitioner (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
great nursery
staff are great friendly all parents and children love them
management are ok seemed to have an issue with younger people that work there.
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
management
fun environment
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Irthlingborough6 January 2018
i learnt to solve problems and working in a team also using appropriate language in difficult situations. i have learnt safety at work and manners.
Really enjoyed watching children grow and develop. working with parents to make sure that their child is at the right stage of his development.
Pros
payable lunch
former employee
Third in charge (Former Employee) –  St Albans5 January 2018
I worked at Monkey Puzzle for just over 3 years and I really enjoyed my time there. Within those 3 years, I had been promoted twice, so there is always opportunities to grow. My confidence grew with the help of the constant support from the management team. I only left because I got married and moved out of the area.
Very good
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire7 November 2017
Very good work place
Have loads of fun and work win very good professional people.
The management team is also great and flexiabke with my home life also
Amazing Atmosphere
Nursey Nurse/Room Leader (Former Employee) –  2-3s Room19 September 2017
This was the best job i had to date, they accomadated my child for nursery, and i progressed well in the job there was many opportunities to study, work and be mum!
Mostly works.
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Southport8 September 2017
The staff are not very happy within the environment, management need to work on helping with the staff moral. Most rooms work well within the nursery however others dont.
Needs improvement
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands10 February 2017
Management needs to improve, some staff are favoured more than others and not everyone is under the same rules and regulations. Staff are nice but lack commitment in helping another. There is no team work in this environment or care for one another, instead they can be rude, critical and selfish. I would rate this nursery 3/10
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated
Lovely place to work and send your children
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands13 December 2016
I have to say "Thank you to Monkey Puzzle in Solihull, to the management, deputy, owner, cook and all the staff" It is a great place to work and learn. You have the support all the time when you need it, they are friendly and any moment you can go and talk with them for support, help or whatever thing that you need.
Everyone is very nice with the children and children enjoy a lot there. Plenty of activities are planned every week.

Like mum, I would not hesitate to send my children there because the love and the care that they can get is amazing.

Reading the previous comments, I fill sad that people can say those things when the only work that they want to do is to be sitting on a chair and waiting for the time goes without do anything. Come on!! We have to move our bodies working with children hahaha!!!.
Children need to learn and enjoy! So, I like to see how all the staff who work there is enthousiastic and encourage the children to explore and to do new things everyday. Look the walls when you go there!!! no space!!! Learning is important and children need to learn that. Staff who work there provide this and if some staff is not working there maybe Monkey Puzzles is not the problem.

Thank you so much for the opportunity that you gave me, I always be in my life grateful to have met you.
Pros
Friendly team, good place.
Great place to work!
Nursery Nurse Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands13 December 2016
I have worked with monkey puzzle day nursery for over a year and would like to say how lovely it is to work for them. It is quite clear from the other reviews that the negative reviews must be down to the people own work within and nothing to do with the nursery or staff itself! The management are great, always willing to listen to any issues I have, have always encouraged me and taught me well. The children's care comes first in this day nursery and no sloppiness is accepted at all.
The working culture us lovely, upbeat and everyone works extremely hard. It is so disappointing to read these negative reviews that people have written which makes them very bitter hence they are not suitable to work in such a nice place!
Pros
Management and work ethic
Cons
None!
Be careful
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mitcham7 December 2016
7 people fired in 3 months being opened
Owners/managers very sneaky/ two faced. lots of overtime which not been paid for or in lieu
Pros
New refurbished nursery, bright
Cons
Lots of overtime, long days, owners/management
Fun workplace
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northampton11 October 2016
For this job You have to be very patient and have a caring nature. The days were very long but you benefited from a day off each week.
Staff are fun and enthusiastic and enjoy their job roles.
Pros
very rewarding
Great for building confidence
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shefford30 September 2016
I love working at Monkey Puzzle in Shefford. The team are really friendly and supportive and we are well looked after by management and the owner. There are lots of opportunities for training and the nursery is very child led. We get to do lots of forest school activities in the nearby woods and the location is really convenient to get to.
Pros
Supportive staff
Unless you want to be unappreciated go for it
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull10 July 2016
Advantages are courses but even then your not 100% recommended to be put on them. Not taken seriously and all the work you do you'll never be appreciated. Management are family based so very difficult to talk to when have a problem and even if issues are raised it's not taken seriously. Favouritism is very much under taken . No support and quick to cover the wool over people's eyes as well as parents. Outrageous place to work.