MoneySuperMarket Group

MoneySuperMarket Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Good company if you have a job. progression not so easy - apparent case of who you know, not what you know.
they constantly emphasise career development within the company and internal recruitment, but when employees are affected by redundancy, it still follows the same principal and you don't really get the opportunity. I had several internal interviews - even junior/associate roles but wasnt given a single opportunity.
I would definitely recommend Moneysupermarket to anyone looking to work here. Everyone is really nice and the benefits are unreal. Flexible working hours, free breakfast and lunch amongst many many others
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Communication between departments and from management not as clear as could be
A very welcoming environment and team to work with who are all passionate about the mission of the company. They look after their staff and are very invested in people, something which shouldn't go unmentioned.

I left because I was bored and needed a new challenge (my day to day role was pretty junior and there was no scope to develop at that time) but since leaving I genuinely always check in to see if there are new openings now I'm a bit more experienced.
People promoted that shouldn't be (people who can "talk the talk") and people who should be promoted aren't. There is no progression unless you are a favourite of one of the CLT's (Customer Leadership Team).

Don't do enough to keep staff members because it might cost them a few extra grand.

Muddied waters relating to salary bands.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Friday beers
Cons
Management lack people skills, Management talk the talk, but don't actually initiate any of it.
I personally had a terrible experience during my last 6 months to a year.
You're not listened to as a junior member. Any complaints or problems are met with a brick wall that is senior management.

There's blatant game-playing, bullying and favouritism among certain senior members, and how they puppet teams.

I've been underpaid for the last two years, my wage was laughable. Recruiters and other companies were so shocked when i would tell them my wage and what it is i actually done for the company - which simply reaffirmed how much MSM doesn't listen and won't help - I voiced this complaint numerous times to senior members.

There was no time or care for me or my team, which has since disbanded after a demoralising and crushing year of having no strategy, no direction, no objectives and no answers.

It used to be a great place to work, but it seems once issues start to arise, unless it's in HR's best interests, nothing will improve and you will not get listened to.

I've seen my colleagues - and friends - be treated terribly and receive zero respect or recognition after putting in year's at MSM - it proved to me that as a company, deep down they really don't care.

To get anything done work-wise at MSM is also such a trial. Considering the large amount of teams and cross over, you would think there would be more processes in place - there isn't. This leads to projects being difficult to work on because no one communicates with each other and it takes about 773629 people to sign something off.
Pros
free breakfast, flexible working
Cons
Manipulative management, no progression, hot-desk system, zero transparency
Great organisation to work for, open to ideas from all team members.

Hard work suitably rewarded.

Great opportunity to work on bleeding edge technology & processes
Pros
Team members equally respected, bleeding edge tech stack, free food
Cons
Not a bad place to work , people have been there a long time so that speaks for irsekf, it was all the change of management and the United certain ain't y'all the time.
A long time ago since I worked here so it has probably gone a lot better since then but when I was there I was part of the subprime mortgages department so it was horrible! Felt like we werent even part of moneysupermarket.com they even moved us to a building opposite so not even in the same building! Eventually all got made redundant and I was glad to go.
Pros
met some nice people
Cons
treated like rubbish
Moneysupermarket was a great environment to work in. All the team members were very welcoming and gave me really good guidence throughout my time at Moneysupermarket, the employees there are outgoing and really easy to get a long with.
MoneySupermarket is a great place to work, full of vibrant and enthusiastic team members. It's normally a very fast paced environment, due to the time pressures to get content onto the website.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work here and the company's committment to employee wellbeing and ensuring the work environment is a positive and productive one.
If you're looking for a fun but highly innovate, forward thinking company, Moneysupermarket is definitely worth checking out.

They offer a range of great benefits for staff, including discounted shares, benefits options to choose from each year, flexi-time, annual bonus scheme plus some departments offer individual bonus schemes too.

Never a dull moment for sure! Extremely faced paced, fail fast attitude, customer first in everything we do.

If you're the right person for MSM, you'll have a long career here and we reward long standing members well. I've been at MSM for over 15 years now and still love the job and of course what we stand for, helping UK households make the most of their money.

We also have a few sister companies, MoneySavingExpert in London and TravelSupermarket based in both London and the Head Office in Ewloe, Flintshire, North Wales so plenty of opportunities across the group!
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch EVERYDAY!
Cons
Can sometimes be pressured with tight deadlines.
A typical day at work is relaxed back but still quite driven with everyone trying to get their goals. The co-workers provide a nice environment and everyone is willing to help and share their knowledge.
I have worked at Moneysupermarket.com for many years and have seen the company grow from a relatively small company into the large group it is today.

Whilst many of the changes during my time with the company have been positive the management of the business has not kept pace with the increasing number of people employed nor the complexity of the roles or work that we do and the whole organisation now smacks of poor leadership and poor management.

The leadership within the company frequently contradicts it's own values, often stating their wish to retain talent and invest in their staff but after 10 years service with this business I feel demotivated and under valued for the work I do for this company and the company seems unwilling to pay a fair wage for roles when compared with other companies - even local ones.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, flexible working
Cons
poor leadership, poor management, low wages
Cold calling clients for car insurance
keeping a log of calls and clients

Meeting targets on a daily basis

Working with a team

Training new staff
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No career aspects
A typical day at work included: researching stories, conducting interviews and liaising with the vouchers team. I learned a variety of different skills, the most useful thing I took away was improving my relationships with PR's. The most challenging part of the job was learning about subjects that were new to me such as mortgages and loans etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with readers and trying to offer them advice on how to save money.
Pros
Always being busy and enjoying the work
Cons
Challenging work with new unexpected areas of work being made available to complete on a daily basis.