MONEYCORP

MONEYCORP Employee Reviews

A typical day was quiet especially in recent years. The staff were multinational, which was good as you learnt some of the language. The management was rarely seen, and most feedback from them was negative. Targets were set too high, and unreachable, even though staff did put this to management, which they ignored. The best part of the job was meeting different nationalities. Staff were friendly to work with. Would I recommend Moneycorp CFX Ltd as a place to work? absolutely not.
Pros
Meeting many nationalities
Cons
Late finishes.
Essentially paid minimum wage to do shift-work, either 9 or 12 hours a day, starting as early as 3am and finishing as late as 11pm. I was under living wage age, so I would train new employees and they would be paid more than me from the beginning.
Over the years it’s become more difficult to be competitive at a airport, with the senior management determined to squeeze everything out of the business and workforce resulting in unhappy customers and over stressed staff. What was once a happy and productive team turned into a me me only culture.
Pros
Hard work and effort gets noticed
Cons
Airport
My colleges and management was brilliant and very happy to receive all support from everyone there. The work and responsibilities in balance with the pay rate was a huge difference.
Pros
Good teams.
Cons
Very low paid.
I would recommend a graduate role at moneycorp as when that person moves on they will have a good idea what a slow paced old school corporate is like to work for, which should help them understand the wider picture for must UK business.
Moneycorp isn't a bad place to work the pay is poor 15,300 to 16,900 it's minimum wage plus commission if you can get it. Commission is based on team sales and hitting team targets not individual sales performance I myself have earned £25 in commission but lost it because the rest of the team that didn't hit their sales targets. But the sales team is amazing and I miss them all
most ppl who work there are very good and funny and you learn to laugh in difficult situation. management are not strong enough but staff are fantastic.
Always hectic, no support from management. Staff I had worked with were nice but we were always under pressure to hit our impossible targets which in turn reflected on our bonus which wasn't any. Avoid!
Compare it to the salary( minimum wage) you have too much responsibilities, they are keep pushing for targets. Very early starts, or late finishes, no extra payment for Sundays and bank holidays,no proper place for having your break, and the bonus is almost never paid, because the whole terminal never hits the target. I was very disappointed. I wouldn't recommend for anyone
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MONEYCORP?
Worked here for near on a year. If you want a job where your treated as a school kid and am bored half the time then this is the job for you. Can do lots of over time but will only pay you normal pay which then the tax man takes most of it. Say goodbye to a normal sleeping patten, social life and your weekends as they will go out the window. Ive never been in a job where management is so poor and treat their employees so poorly. No really communication with management, you air your concerns and they do absolutely nothing about it. Your collegues make the job and is the only thing that make you go in. For the responsibility and tasks given you are paid so poorly. Commission can be ok but when its quiet you get barely any. Not a career nor any real progression here.
Pros
The colleagues you work with.
Cons
Too many to list
Good way to gain experience for a school leaver or for someone who is at there end of working career and looking for part time work. Unsociable working hours due to working at the airport.
Pros
Gaining Experience for young people, or if your looking to keep busy after retiring, or looking for part time work
Cons
Working Early shifts
A highly politics driven culture, where hard work and commitment is not recognised. Promotions/demotions/redundancies are made based on connections with Senior Management and staff who merit recognition are typically overlooked. Very few benefits offered to staff and very little flexibility to encourage work/life balance. The atmosphere in head office is very tense and sombre- a distinct feeling that staff do not enjoy coming into work. Governed by a culture of fear which forces staff to have to comply with policies. High staff turnover which causes disruption and a less than efficient day-to-day run of the business.
Pros
Absolutely none that I experienced
Cons
Shady culture, highly politics driven, high staff turnover
Exchange currency was a nice way to learn the history of Europe. To be accurate is the most important thing to handle money in cash. As much fast u can run you the customer will define your commission.
Crazy busy days. Great staff Gave me more confidants to work on computer I learned all about money exchange and vat refunds Great staff and work atmosphere in branch
Pros
money rates
Cons
pay
Long hours are a guarantee. Too much responsibility and poor structure. Having worked for myself at my last place, this is torture compared to being self-employed!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor structure, too much to do
workplace culture very unprofessional and management are very unorganised and its not a friendly workplace. a day is never the same and it's very difficult to advance in that company.
unsocial working hours, not flexible roster, annual leave booking a year in advance, low income and bonus system, bad management, no support to deal with angry passengers,
Pros
airport discounts
Cons
unsocial hours, difficult transport
Awful office and terrible culture, to the point were one manager was abusive and patronising after making a simple error. Training was minimal and paid very poorly.
Pros
It paid the bills
Cons
Lovely place to work, purely because of colleagues.Zero career progression available, always given various other responsibilities without the recognition or pay included.Higher management presence is non existent, couldn't feel less appreciated or important to the company.
I started working for Moneycorp when I was 19 and learned a lot of valuable customer service and cash handling skills over the seven years I spent there. You can become a Sales Consultant with no prior experience as you are trained fully in your first two weeks of service. I served as both Senior Sales Consultant and Trainer for Moneycorp and received good training and mentoring for both positions. Stepping up to these levels and the Supervisor positions is possible for anyone after 6 months of service - however it is a position you must apply for, rather than one you are rewarded with. Moneycorp's bureaux de change offices operate a shift pattern rota and hours start from very early in the morning on early shifts and finish very late for the late shifts - but shifts themselves are normally 8.5 hours. Overtime is available, but difficult to snap up if you're not known to frequently do so. Bonuses are possible, and awarded on a monthly basis, however targets and incentives are frequently changed and often contradict eachother. Also, any shortages you cause are deducted from your bonus with frustratingly little effort to solve - not all of them are always the cashier's fault but you will find they have penalised you anyway because no-one has had the chance to look in to it. Targets were the most frustrating aspect of the job. Personal targets were always fair, but targets for the entire team about specific products or values (such as GP or Average Transaction Values) were heavily pressured, unrealistic and were liable to completely change on any day. Unfortunately - more...
Pros
Fixed 6 on 3 off shift pattern, friendly colleagues, no prior experience in the industry required.
Cons
Low salary for the level of responsibility, unfair and harshly policed targets, short term business model, airport passengers.
you work too much but, at a 0 hours contract with too much responsabilities put on your position for a minimun pay and very little bonuses at the end of the month that can actually disappear if you make a mistake
Pros
Cons
read above
  1. Employee reviews