Mondelez International
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Mondelez International:

Mondelez International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom86 reviews
Its very good work environment. There are a lot of opportunities to learn new things. All people are friendly from all over the world. Good collaboration in the teams.
A wealth of knowledge to be learnt from fellow employees. However, there are line managers whose conduct towards employees fall below the company's values making it an unpleasant place to work. Senior management need to be proactive in handling these people or face losing good employees as a result of one bad egg!
Productive, exciting and fun place to work
Calm and fun place to work. Very collaborative with everyone willing to help. Regular one to one with line manager, which was quite open and honest. It was a people environment and you always feel you were appreciated.
Pros
Loads of goodies majority of the time
Cons
Long commute from Leeds to Birmingham
Fast-paced competitive food marketing corporation
A typical day at Mondelez was long and challenging but enjoyable at times. Learned about food production and marketing. Management was mixed but largely OK. Workplace culture was fast-paced, competitive, and U.S. based. Hardest part of the job was poor work-life balance. Staff get burned out quickly. Best part of the job was the good salary and benefits.
One of the worst places I’ve worked
The management are terrible. They show no respect to workers and do not value them at all. There are terrible/limited benefits. The only upside was the team I was working with (excluding management obviously) at the site in Birmingham
Stressful with poor senior leadership management of staff performance versus resource available
Not enough focus on investment, more on cost saving initiatives but the organisation continue to expect staff to deliver the same despite the cuts: increased deliverables, ie More with less... false economy and staff are leaving in droves as a result. Massive change needed in leadership, especially R&D from the top down...
productive and fun
Great place to work and would work their again. Really nice people and welcoming place to be. Great team work and ideas to move forward. Job security and satisfaction for life and many different areas of the business to work.
Warehouse
Not a bad place to work shifts are hard but all in all good pay good work mates good management changing all the time and getting harder to work for people nice.
Decent Job
Management was okay, fast paced and hard working environment, requires 100% concentration, friendly environment, team members and team leaders were helpful.
ReWork
Enjoyed working in a fast paced environment and meeting deadlines, learnt so many things about working inside a warehouse. worked 12hours a day, stressful at time.
N/a
They care nothing for you if you're not management. Experience and loyalty means nothing. Apply elsewhere as it will be less stressful. They really don't care.
great place to work
Great Pace to work ,hence the long service at the company. Very supportive team . Benefits were good, great communication and people orientated approach
Poor management and Lack Respect for employees
Employed on a 6 month contract but my contract was unfairly terminated in front of the whole office before being marched/escorted off site in such a criminal manner but two people who completely lacked emotion or care in the world. Experienced a great deal of discrimination, favouritism, lack of management and respect. Implied job security for duration of contract but got rid of 5 people with a snap of the fingers, with poor and weak reasons.
Working here
It is a great place if you want your next role In retail or customer service And love chocolate or representing brands. You get free entry to the exhibition and 4d cinema and discounted entry for a friend. You also get discounted gym membership as they have a gym on site. Even though they might tell you not to join the union as issues are sorted internally just join the union as you never know when you might need them to fight in your corner.
Average Working Experience
Was a temporary contract. Many colleagues were nice. Senior Manager's did not have much understanding of the day-to-day tasks and their implications which were carried out by their subordinates.
Ok but ..
Work life balance not there Hours are 8.30-5 your start time is from when you get to your first call, drive time not included so if your an hour from patch that’s your issue. Apart from Monday for cash and carry and Friday slightly earlier finish if your cash and carry are nice .If you start late finish early this is flagged on a report and you must justify. If you are going to meet your manager you must cover calls prior or same week, incase you don’t manage your call rate. High hot pressured environment, independents are not nice people anymore.

Targets are really high 15 kpi’s training is there but it’s very draining a lot to remember, no reduction of targets for holiday or sickness which is unbelievable, even if you have a letter saying reduced duties by dr you still don’t get a reduction.

If you don’t hit your probation target you are out of the door.

Firstly some silly but annoying points

Company car is a Renault scenic the worst car ever, heavy steering and poor to drive . They are trialing trackers so beware.

2nd training you must buy your own lunch if your in Uxbridge or Birmingham in Cadbury sites where normally company would pay when your in training, weird huh..

You must buy your own case for your company phone,

No lunch allowance

It’s van sales job with lots and lots of merchandising and way too many target for what they pay, twice 6 monthly bonus, I suggest you go somewhere else
Great Salary Boring Job
Paid well for a very dull job of simply loading machines that produces the chocolate, lots of cleaning is involved in the role which is shift work. Great onsite facilities including canteen and a gym.
Nice place to work
Good place to work but some of management old fashioned and not into progressing staff. Too many contractors and little job security. Nice company overall..
Do not work in for this company
This company gave me the run around but good. The first warning sign was when I told them in my interview that I can only drive an automatic vehicle (driving was required for my job), they said that it wouldn’t be a problem and that they could organise an automatic vehicle for me. The vehicle I was issued was a manual and they expected me to drive it from day one. After jumping through several hoops to get an automatic vehicle organised for me, they gave me one on a temporary basis. In the 9 months I worked for them I had four company cars (as a result I now have a £758.00 tax bill that I have to pay because going through that many company cars in such a short time). Had they listened and kept to their word and organised an automatic transmission vehicle in the first place, it would have saved time, angst and money on both mine and their behalf.

The biggest gripe I have with Mondelez is that they didn’t pay my garden leave when I left the company. After countless emails and communications with them, it took Mondelez three months to pay me my garden leave. How does a multi billion pound cooperation take three months to pay a few hundred pounds.

While working for a big FMCG like Mondelez looks good on a CV, please look else where. This company constantly twists your words, lies to you and belittles you. Our monthly meetings were just occasions for our manager to get us together to berate us. When we tried to provide explanations and alternatives to help solve the problems we were met with a cold reception.

When I left, everyone on my team had interviews lined up with
 - more...
Good leaders, great place to work with diverse and multicultural environment. Strong brands and effective systems and processes with huge know-how powerhouse for Mondelez Europe
Pros
Good Leaders
Cons
Office layout
Enjoyable place to work
Nice, friendly office environment with excellent team members. Relaxed rules around working from home/in the office creating a pleasant vibe that made working there all the more easy.