Momentum Instore Limited

Momentum Instore Limited Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Lack of reliable work
Unknown hours and work can be cancelled the same day it's supposed to begin,no communication between project manager and installers,no set hourly rate
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Great teams, good laugh
If you do this kind of work you know how it is. You travel to places, stay in a hotel and complete the project. The hotels are of a really high standard, you only get B&B but you don't get free meals at home either. Travel can be long but you don't have to go - the best thing about intermittent work is you can pick and choose what you want to do.
Company is strict on behaviours and attendance but it is a job so you have to expect to conduct yourself in the right way. Great people to work with (most of the time) and you do have a laugh both on site and outside of work.
Don't Bother
It used to be a good company years ago when it was owned by American company .Went downhill when it was hijacked by racist .Promotion is mainly based on who you know instead of how well you know your job
Evil scum robbers
Avoid Scum evil robbers Rip off appalling wages and long hours and they give you nothing for travelling and they ripped me off for a days pay avoid them altogether they will do anything to rip you off appalling company avoid altogether like the plague they are just robbers total scum worst employer I have ever worked for they are the worst employer in the world I was robbed by them
Cons
Worst company i have worked for
I have worked for momentum for around 10 years on and off, when I first started I was constantly away and earning money but as the years whent on work started to get less and less, jobs getting cancelled just hours before I was about to set off. Wages seemed to have gone down instead of up. Most office staff very disrespectful. There were times I was told I would be working the next week and then I wouldn't actually get any work for a few months, they are a nightmare to get hold of on the phone and when you leave a message for them to get back to you asap it still takes them days to call you. If you are a driver for them its a nightnare , I was constantly out of poket because I drove, always having deductions from my wages for no reason, and always getting messed around by them. This company is now a complete joke, avoid at all cost.
new experiance
not the best company to work for
they take the mickey with your hours tell you theres no work when there is. pick and chooce what and when they want to deduct from wages
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
0 hour contract
Good workplace environment
Good workplace environment and excellent people to work with, Friendly atmosphere and always someone willing to assist you if help required.

My main duties as a Merchandiser include merchandising products, checking stock levels, replenishing shelves using planograms, profile shelving, installing equipment, implementing display options, discussing with clients the ways sales can be maximised and implementing as necessary and maintaining equipment.

This role requires me to work well under pressure, create and maintain good working relationships with our clients and manage my own workload and daily route.
Terrible firm
Typical agency driving down wages for workers, poor pay and working conditions lazy and rude management rife with cronyism. Victorian attitudes towards workers.
Pros
Cons
Dead end job, disrespectful management, bad working conditions, poor pay etc etc
Great
Love it different everyday, but hard to fit round family life, every week your in a different store & location, meeting lots of new people learning new things
Pros
Company car
Cons
10 hour shifts
Avoid
Worst company out there was with them for 6months only to get 8 days work out of the whole 6months I worked there. Avoid as they never give you enough work.