Momentum Instore Limited Employee Reviews

Great teams, good laugh
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Nationwide27 September 2019
If you do this kind of work you know how it is. You travel to places, stay in a hotel and complete the project. The hotels are of a really high standard, you only get B&B but you don't get free meals at home either. Travel can be long but you don't have to go - the best thing about intermittent work is you can pick and choose what you want to do.
Company is strict on behaviours and attendance but it is a job so you have to expect to conduct yourself in the right way. Great people to work with (most of the time) and you do have a laugh both on site and outside of work.
Don't Bother
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nationwide25 August 2019
It used to be a good company years ago when it was owned by American company .Went downhill when it was hijacked by racist .Promotion is mainly based on who you know instead of how well you know your job
Evil scum robbers
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NATIONWIDE20 July 2019
Avoid Scum evil robbers Rip off appalling wages and long hours and they give you nothing for travelling and they ripped me off for a days pay avoid them altogether they will do anything to rip you off appalling company avoid altogether like the plague they are just robbers total scum worst employer I have ever worked for they are the worst employer in the world I was robbed by them
Cons
amazing company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Newport16 May 2018
I've been working for momentum since October last year and the work has being consistant travelling to London Birmingham southhampton Plymouth and a few other places
Pros
free travel and accomodation
Cons
sharing a room
Don't even go there!
Installer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
Management ( If you can call them that ) are mostly very un proffesional. Normal chaos in the offices with no helpful direction for self employed personnel. Work hours can be long, Training very basic, Be prepared to pay for Parking/Tolls etc at your expense! Basically just Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Will deduct your wages with unfair comments!
Great teams
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nationwide3 March 2018
Fun work place and team members were always willing to help another. Such a great bunch of people that made the long shifts worth while. They provided free training and always made sure that the team always had good uniform and protective wear.
Pros
Free breakfast. Travel and accomodation
Avoid this company
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 January 2018
They give false hopes. Have you running up and down the country for minimum wage (unpaid travelling time too)!!
They say they provide free training, but they don't.
They have a poor management and rude office staff.
You stay in some bad hotels.
I'd avoid this company you have no chance of getting anywhere with it.
It's a dead end job.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Everything else about the experience
Worst company i have worked for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Uk3 January 2018
I have worked for momentum for around 10 years on and off, when I first started I was constantly away and earning money but as the years whent on work started to get less and less, jobs getting cancelled just hours before I was about to set off. Wages seemed to have gone down instead of up. Most office staff very disrespectful. There were times I was told I would be working the next week and then I wouldn't actually get any work for a few months, they are a nightmare to get hold of on the phone and when you leave a message for them to get back to you asap it still takes them days to call you. If you are a driver for them its a nightnare , I was constantly out of poket because I drove, always having deductions from my wages for no reason, and always getting messed around by them. This company is now a complete joke, avoid at all cost.
Avoid!
Display Installer (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire18 December 2017
Worked for this company on a self employment basis a while ago now..... Beware!!!' They have an awful habit of not paying you if the slightest thing has been put in incorrectly, ( I do mean the slightest thing) Even if you offer to return at your expense. Normal excuse is that they sent someone to 'Rectify the issue'.
Management (If you can honestly call them that) Are beyond any
Real help TBH. Poor mileage rates on your own vehicle.
Pros
Decent guys in the Warehouse.
Cons
Management amongst the worked ive worked with.
Lack of reliable work
Shopfitting/merchandising and installation (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield14 November 2017
Unknown hours and work can be cancelled the same day it's supposed to begin,no communication between project manager and installers,no set hourly rate
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Worst place i ever worked
Intermittent field staff (Former Employee) –  Various27 September 2017
Field staff management are good to work with
The office staff bar a few are a joke. higher management some of the worst people I have ever had to deal with .
Pros
Limited work
Cons
Every thing about the company
Ok place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Reatail Merchandiser31 July 2017
Like working for them but didn't like waiting for work to puck up waiting up to a month for more work but could've changed now as im writing this 4 years later. I loved all the different places i hot to see traveling the country and the hotels we would stay at sometimes were great.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Waiting for shifts
new experiance
Merchandiser/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire10 May 2017
not the best company to work for
they take the mickey with your hours tell you theres no work when there is. pick and chooce what and when they want to deduct from wages
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
0 hour contract
Good workplace environment
installations Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Various locations3 May 2017
Good workplace environment and excellent people to work with, Friendly atmosphere and always someone willing to assist you if help required.

My main duties as a Merchandiser include merchandising products, checking stock levels, replenishing shelves using planograms, profile shelving, installing equipment, implementing display options, discussing with clients the ways sales can be maximised and implementing as necessary and maintaining equipment.

This role requires me to work well under pressure, create and maintain good working relationships with our clients and manage my own workload and daily route.
Terrible firm
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire27 January 2017
Typical agency driving down wages for workers, poor pay and working conditions lazy and rude management rife with cronyism. Victorian attitudes towards workers.
Pros
Cons
Dead end job, disrespectful management, bad working conditions, poor pay etc etc
work up and down the countary
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire - scottland18 January 2017
had to work up and down the count
got calls at short notice to work
woked away for long perioud of times
every job was diferent

money was very good
Pros
money
Cons
working away from home
Great
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Nationwide17 January 2017
Love it different everyday, but hard to fit round family life, every week your in a different store & location, meeting lots of new people learning new things
Pros
Company car
Cons
10 hour shifts
Avoid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South East4 June 2016
Worst company out there was with them for 6months only to get 8 days work out of the whole 6months I worked there. Avoid as they never give you enough work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Momentum Instore Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3