Molson Coors Brewing Company Employee Reviews

good
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire5 February 2018
loved the brewery job, would of stayed till I retired if hadn't beed made redundant when brewery shut down, liked the people and shift work had its advantages
Great
Project & Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire13 October 2017
Fantastic place to work - great people development support and opportunities to move within different departments and also globally to other breweries in the network.
Up and down
Telecoms assistant/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire2 October 2017
I really like the company
However some management people do need looking at before they discriminate

If only The Undercover boss show came to where I worked
Positives and Negatives
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 July 2017
Job is good if you can sell, the call structure is easy, but unfairly marked.

People are just "numbers" there.

Money is good.

Weekends off is good.

Some particular managers are not the best.

Lovely colleagues.
I wish I had joined sooner
Engineering Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire UK12 July 2017
Working in a very busy Brewery, had its rewards. A great engineering team, coupled with good trainging and a world class culture. WE made dramatic improvments to the efficiency of the plan, making it best in group, but that was not enough to keep Molson Coors from closing our site.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Poorly Managed
Good people, but difficult time as roles transition to Europe
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire23 February 2017
I have enjoyed my years working at Molson Coors it has supported me through my training and has great people which most of the time leads to a great atmosphere.

At the moment I feel the company is having difficult times in support functions as roles are being moved to Europe. This means that in some cases people are having pick up lower level work as the new teams are being up skilled
Pros
Free Beer!
Cons
loss of support teams in UK
Recruitment talk a good talk
Customer Service Advisor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire2 February 2017
Job NOT as Described
Former Employee) – Burton-On-Trent – 17 December 2016

Good set of co workers, with the the exception of one or two.

Recruitment totally lied about what my role is.

Need to be more honest of what's expected instead of glossing over the cracks
Pros
Pros Beer allowance
Cons
Cons Poorly thought out shift patterns, Management not in touch with with staff. Constantly moving goal posts in order to make targets
Interesting and varied duties
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Burton on trent25 January 2017
A very good company offering and supporting people to move up the ladder
Started with the company in 1994 when it was Bass brewers been through a lot of changes over the years
Pros
Product allowance
Cons
12 hour shifts
progressive and flexible company
Shared Services Administrator (Finance) (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire6 January 2017
Molson Coors is a great place to work and treats it's employees very well. Personal Development is always encouraged and the Management are both professional, supportive and approachable. The teams that I have worked with have always been friendly and supportive. The hardest part of my job was constantly keeping up with change but this was also a challenge that was overall beneficial. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of a job well done and the happy working environment.
Pros
Beer allowances, Bonus and flexiblitly of the company
Cons
Too many meetings!
Lack of oppurtunities, great salary
Packaging technician (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent29 December 2016
Great Basic salary, not a very rewarding career, Within this job role my key responsibilities are to operate and maintain the machinery and keep in operation, escalate any issues that occur within relevant time frames, Keep quality control records frequently throughout each shift.
 I have also had to complete the in house training matrix, and attend several classes in order for me to comply with the companies training policy.
 Time management and attention to detail plays a key role within this job role.
 Report to senior management every 2 hours to highlight any health and safety issues or mechanical issues that have or may arise.
Great place to work!
Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear9 December 2016
Working at Molson Coors is an amazing experience. Anyone with an interest in brewing, technical services and seeing how a worldwide corporation operates should consider a position there. After a video interview then an interview and skills test day on site at Burton on Trent successful applicants are offered a position. Four weeks training in Burton on Trent is given. All expenses paid. This includes learning about the company and its history, health and safety, product testing, training in purpose made workshops and getting the best training available within all aspects of the job. Your presented with a van, tools, laptop, mobile phone and full uniform. You get welcomed as part of the family unlike other faceless companies. Teamwork is a major focus of the company. That becomes apparent from day one. Six weeks training is provided in the field for TR's. Here you meet your workmates and train along side them. Everyone is more than happy to help you become confident in what you are doing and talk to you on the phone if you need help. The work is varied from installations and repairs. Ordering parts and organising your work day are also a big part of the job. Sites vary from pubs and clubs to football stadiums and event sites. The work can be fast paced and sometimes stressful like most jobs but very rewarding. Management keep an eye on your progress with regular one to one meetings with your area manager giving employees an open forum to discuss your own progress. Management are very approachable. And give you help if you need it. Also a day is put aside for a team meeting every  more... three months to keep you updated on company issues. Generally an over nite stay is offered in a hotel with a meal with your colleagues. A drinks allowance is given from day one working on a points system and collecting from a depot. All and all a great place to work. It's not an easy job but you have all the resources available to help you be successful in this industry. Learning and progression is key for Molson Coors.  less
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
Stressful at first but gets easier as you progress
busy good customer service
beer quality technican (Former Employee) –  North East18 August 2016
start of the day check van delivery's where correct log into computer for daily work and route . depending on the jobs planned could be new install or routine service calls or safety work . good work mates always there if needed and worked well with them .hardest part sometimes shortages in stock . the most enjoyable part customer satisfaction .
Pros
out and about own boss
Cons
stand by and callout
Driven and Motivated workplace
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  North West25 May 2016
- Conducting 7 account management or sales calls per day. Building strong relationships and using these to grow volume and distribution of the company portfolio.
- Skills learned: Sales, Account management, Negotiation, Product Launch, Product Sampling, Distribution plans, Time management, People Skills, Microsoft Office.
- I really enjoyed working under my managers. The culture at Coors was one of personal / business growth, learning and constant improvement of skills and development.
- My team in the North West were the number 1 in the UK in sales. This was down to the strong bonds we shared as a team.
- The hardest part of the job was probably the motor way traffic!
- The most enjoyable part of the job was building successful relationships and watching them develop into solid sales results.
Pros
Excellent commission earning potential
Cons
Traffic on the motorway
Job NOT as Described, talk a good game but fail to deliver....
Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent17 April 2016
Good set of co workers, with the the exception of one or two.
Varied work and lots of travelling from customer to customer. Good to meet different places and people.
Some of the install work can be tough going, be prepared to graft.
Maintenance work was fine but planners constantly dropping more and more unachievable work.
Liken this job to being self employed, ordering parts etc was your responsibility and was done in your own time so be prepared for more work after you get home.
Management lack understanding of the day to day challenges.
Need to be more honest of what's expected instead of glossing over the cracks
Pros
Beer allowance but had to travel a long way to collect
Cons
Poorly thought out shift patterns, Management not in touch with TR's, Too many layers to this job. Constantly moving goal posts in order to make targets.
Productive enviroment
Brewing Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Alton, ENG20 January 2016
Excellent working environment Long days and shifts . Hardest part of the role was running through the closing process while achieving all targets and goals
Pros
excellent multiskilled willing workforce
Cons
Due to finance and economics shutting the brewery
Great Industry to be in
Supply Chain Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, ENG24 October 2015
Good career prospects and working within the drinks industry is an excellent career choice.

Globally a growing company with strong aspirations
Pros
Great products / drinks allowance
Interesting place to work
Financial Reporting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, ENG25 August 2015
Overall I enjoyed working at Molson Coors but there were many times when it could be stressful due to timescales we had to adhereto and workload. I did meet some interesting and friendly people and made some good friends whilst I was there. Towards the end of my time working there it became stressful due to a lot of the work being transferred to India which consequently happened to some of the work I did and my job was made redundant which is why I left the firm.
Coors
Tele Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton24 July 2015
working as Tele Account manager this was a great way of learning about the sales industry and build up selling and account management skills and managing a territory
Pros
alcohol allowance
Cons
low salary
Enjoyable working environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, ENG14 May 2015
Split days between working on phones and planning. Dealing with customer issues and arranging installs.
Planning on a specific area taught me organisation and problem solving abilities
Having a great line manage was crucial to development
Employees are all diverse and make the job more enjoyable
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the repetition of the role
Most enjoyable part is the relationship you build with your colleagues
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
shift patterns and some weekend work
A vey good place to work with a great team ethic across the site
Brewing Technician/Production Process Operative (Current Employee) –  Alton, ENG2 February 2015
A typical day at Molson Coors as a Brewing Technician involves planning your own work load to meet production targets which could see you in any area within your skill base . Most technicians have four area skills which they were required to maintain .Working in a Lean Manuacturing inviroment with KPI targets. Safety and quality were given top priority which technician were responsible for maintaining the high standard.
The teams were all supportive of each other which also went for assisting other departments and technician would often assist technical, engineers,and electrical departments. Problem solving was often the hardest part of the the job but also the most enjoyable
Pros
Rest day between shifts when others at work
Cons
Saturday 12hour night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molson Coors Brewing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Molson Coors Brewing Company Reviews by Location