Mole Country Stores Employee Reviews

A mixed experience
Shop Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Devon1 November 2019
They expect an awful lot from you with very little in return. There is no overtime pay or time in lieu unless head office agree to and the management leaves little to be desired. The company expects you to continuously grow, which is good, however when they have begun to price themselves out of the market with products, as well as providing sub standard own brand; also having a warehouse system which allows us o write of thousands of pounds a month due to mispicks at the central warehouse and leaving stock very low, how do they expect you to keep growing?
You are also expected to go up and down the country for training, and unless you seem to be bed bound they wont accept no for an answer - or go or lose your position.
At the beginning it was ok, it just about paid the bills, but a lot of internal change has occurred and there is a lot of internal politics which works its way down to everyone within the company and makes life incredibly hard.
I deeply regret the decision to leave my previous employment for the role, as it was not what I was informed it would be.
Busy and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent25 October 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Mole. I found there was a lot to do but this always kept you busy. My colleagues and management would always muck in to help one another.
Great staff terrible company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Andover22 October 2019
If you want to work yourself into the ground with very poor pay then look no further.
Choosing to leave the company and being told you have the right amount of holiday to take then bam you don't get a penny, ignorance when emailing and phoning head office and hr
Let down
costumer service adviser (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke21 September 2019
We were the logistics team from countrywide. We were given empty promises. Basically they picked us up and stamped all over us they didn't give us a chance.
Fast paced working environment,
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst16 September 2019
Mole is a good place to work for students, there are flexible hours and a fast paced environment. Its a good place to chunk out the monthly expenses. Great atmosphere.
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire21 August 2019
This company took me on as a retail assistant and put me though numerous training coursers to bring me up to management level. There is good career progression if you want it.
Cons
Working weekends
Manger
Feed store assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire4 June 2019
Expect you to move heaven and earth never good enough not praised for doing a job and never can do anything right easily replacble wouldn't work for them what so ever
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Mangers are idiot's
Terrible to work for
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst, West Sussex2 June 2019
Enjoyed at first but then new manager came in. Had no time for staff, just expected you to go above and beyond without any thanks for when you did. The only thing in the end that kept me going were the amazing people I worked with. Half the time didn't see management as always out the back or in meetings again!
Pros
Staff
Staff members great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 March 2019
The management are dreadfully fight with each other and brings the mood down on anyone that's having a good day. Other staff are all very nice though.
Pros
Pay was okay
Cons
Management, long hours, not great pay
Boring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickham, Hampshire3 February 2019
Personally I found working at Mole Country Stores very unsatisfying and boring. There wasn't a lot to do, it was simply a case of stacking shelves and serving customers. Although, the customers that come into Moles, are great especially if you are within the same industry as them. I served a lot of equestrians in my time at Mole and that was the most enjoyable part of my day. However, I did not think that the management was very good at all, the salary was poor and the hours were too long with such little work to do.
Pros
Customer conversations
Cons
Long hours, little to do
Nice environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire19 April 2018
Fun, close net environment to work in, very dusty however and not very clean. Delivery from CPD are a joke but besides that genuinely a very nice experience and is one of the best retail environments to work in when you're young and or have low experience in retail.
Pros
Good Pay for 16-21 year olds
Cons
Not the place for any kind of career
fun freindly envirronement
Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire7 March 2018
very pleasant staff and management a fun friendly environment to work in. Would recommend the company to others and have enjoyed growing within the business.
Good Place to work
Counter Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leyburn2 February 2018
An inviting place to work with decent levels of opportunities.
A good role for people who enjoy retail and serving the same customers on a regular basis.
Pros
Good atmosphere and you can be given hands on responsibility.
Cons
Training could be better and properly structured.
Clique, uncomfortable workplace. Poor upper management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey27 January 2018
Clique staff that are often unfriendly and opposed to new workers, especially showing no respect when you are trying to manage them. Lack of management support from upper and middle level with staffing issues. Poor salary and treated like are being paid a King's ransom. Some staff were nice and hard-working but many are very young overworked and underpaid. Clique staff not limited to one branch as were as bad in Basingstoke as Godalming.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor wages, lack of support from higher management & clique staff.
productive
File clerk administrator (Current Employee) –  Birchwood Farm18 December 2017
Varied work - alternating between office & shop.
Full on & very busy
Not enough time to complete tasks
Learned about farming & shop sales
Days go quickly as very busy
Pros
Nice colleagues
Awful
United Kingdom (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire17 September 2017
Understaffed. Staff Pushed about the store. Management undermining staff. Holiday rota never sorted out so holiday and staff clashed.rats in the warehouse. Staff cleaning up the rats feacies. Extremely poor training. Customers complaints on a daily basis as lack of stock and orders that had been mishandled and management not willing to help staff in this area. Not enough staff to run the shop . Being employed in a specific roll and hardly ever being to be in that role.all staff extremely unhappy. I can say it is the worst place ever worked in.....
Pros
Cons
Long hours.. undermining management.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  winchester11 September 2017
Very good place to work but not a lot of encouragement. A lot of work to do when under staffed. Co-workers are brilliant. Not very much structure to the day.
Pros
People within the work place
My first ever Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lymington1 September 2017
Being my first job it was a very scary experience but Mole made me feel so at home from the second I started. A work family everyone would want to be part of.
No comment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  south east31 August 2017
I do not want to write a review about my work experience, it was neither bad nor good, I had a lot of personal health issues whilst I worked for this company.
Dont appreciate their staff.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  South22 October 2016
Turn up before your shift, stay after your shift and refuse to pay over time. Spend all day running around helping staff and customers alike, watching the left hand not know what the right is doing.
Co-workers were friendly people. Hardest part of the job is lack of respect from management.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mole Country Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Mole Country Stores Reviews by Location