Mole Country Stores

Mole Country Stores Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
If it wasn’t for the people I work with it would be the most depressing place to work. Great manager. Pay is not the best. But was put thru Forklift training.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Weekend work. Set hours! No overtime
They use ancient computer systems! The training is messy, very unlear and also extremely contradictory. The pay is tereible! The management are dreadful.
Pros
Some very nice team members!
Cons
Most other things!
It's a very fast-paced workplace, there's always something that needs to be doing but there is a team to help you get through your work load. The main issue I have found has been the archaic till system and it took me months to understand it, but it is a rewarding place to work with a lot of friendly people.
Pros
Good team
I only work there one day a week, but I'm very grateful for the enjoyable/team atmosphere. Very rarely do you do the same thing for the whole day and your co-workers are happy to help you out. Manager and assistant manager are phenomenal (very knowledgeable and helpful) however they've hired a younger deputy manager who's rubbish compared to them. She's the only one who I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for help from. we all look out for each other and you can have a laugh as well.
Great place to work, great training options
Fast paced, lovely customers, good staff benefit

Work team are good and a reliable company to work for if your face fits
Still work here a year later, good to work for need to sort out the team roles as no one know what they are doing so times. great 1st job, not much progrestion
They expect an awful lot from you with very little in return. There is no overtime pay or time in lieu unless head office agree to and the management leaves little to be desired. The company expects you to continuously grow, which is good, however when they have begun to price themselves out of the market with products, as well as providing sub standard own brand; also having a warehouse system which allows us o write of thousands of pounds a month due to mispicks at the central warehouse and leaving stock very low, how do they expect you to keep growing?
You are also expected to go up and down the country for training, and unless you seem to be bed bound they wont accept no for an answer - or go or lose your position.

At the beginning it was ok, it just about paid the bills, but a lot of internal change has occurred and there is a lot of internal politics which works its way down to everyone within the company and makes life incredibly hard.

I deeply regret the decision to leave my previous employment for the role, as it was not what I was informed it would be.
I really enjoyed my time at Mole. I found there was a lot to do but this always kept you busy. My colleagues and management would always muck in to help one another.
If you want to work yourself into the ground with very poor pay then look no further.
Choosing to leave the company and being told you have the right amount of holiday to take then bam you don't get a penny, ignorance when emailing and phoning head office and hr
We were the logistics team from countrywide. We were given empty promises. Basically they picked us up and stamped all over us they didn't give us a chance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mole Country Stores?
Mole is a good place to work for students, there are flexible hours and a fast paced environment. Its a good place to chunk out the monthly expenses. Great atmosphere.
This company took me on as a retail assistant and put me though numerous training coursers to bring me up to management level. There is good career progression if you want it.
Cons
Working weekends
Expect you to move heaven and earth never good enough not praised for doing a job and never can do anything right easily replacble wouldn't work for them what so ever
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Mangers are idiot's
Enjoyed at first but then new manager came in. Had no time for staff, just expected you to go above and beyond without any thanks for when you did. The only thing in the end that kept me going were the amazing people I worked with. Half the time didn't see management as always out the back or in meetings again!
Pros
Staff
Cons
The management are dreadfully fight with each other and brings the mood down on anyone that's having a good day. Other staff are all very nice though.
Pros
Pay was okay
Cons
Management, long hours, not great pay
Personally I found working at Mole Country Stores very unsatisfying and boring. There wasn't a lot to do, it was simply a case of stacking shelves and serving customers. Although, the customers that come into Moles, are great especially if you are within the same industry as them. I served a lot of equestrians in my time at Mole and that was the most enjoyable part of my day. However, I did not think that the management was very good at all, the salary was poor and the hours were too long with such little work to do.
Pros
Customer conversations
Cons
Long hours, little to do
Fun, close net environment to work in, very dusty however and not very clean. Delivery from CPD are a joke but besides that genuinely a very nice experience and is one of the best retail environments to work in when you're young and or have low experience in retail.
Pros
Good Pay for 16-21 year olds
Cons
Not the place for any kind of career
very pleasant staff and management a fun friendly environment to work in. Would recommend the company to others and have enjoyed growing within the business.
An inviting place to work with decent levels of opportunities.
A good role for people who enjoy retail and serving the same customers on a regular basis.
Pros
Good atmosphere and you can be given hands on responsibility.
Cons
Training could be better and properly structured.
Clique staff that are often unfriendly and opposed to new workers, especially showing no respect when you are trying to manage them. Lack of management support from upper and middle level with staffing issues. Poor salary and treated like are being paid a King's ransom. Some staff were nice and hard-working but many are very young overworked and underpaid. Clique staff not limited to one branch as were as bad in Basingstoke as Godalming.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor wages, lack of support from higher management & clique staff.
Varied work - alternating between office & shop.
Full on & very busy

Not enough time to complete tasks

Learned about farming & shop sales

Days go quickly as very busy
Pros
Nice colleagues