MM Furnishings

MM Furnishings Employee Reviews

All i can really say about this place is that it is better to stay away from here, even if you need the experience it is not worth it. I have witnessed many an intern come and go nearly as quickly as they came, the promise of a job at the end of working three months for no pay isn't worth it as even if you do get hired you will be below the minimum wage. I have witnessed the staff being bullied by the boss and a friend I studied with has left this company with severe depression, as well as anxiety and has health issues as a result of the treatment that they received whilst working here. You end up working as a Junior in an Intern role and you get no real training at all, if you are ill, you get told off and interrogated for not trying to make it into work, even if you have a doctors note, but when you do come into work as a result of this you get told off for coming into the workplace. Agreed (booked) days off from work are taken away from you without any notice and it seems to be a trend to be humiliated by the CEO in front of the whole staff within the office on a regular occurrence! I don't think the CEO knows how to say sorry or how to treat her staff properly.
Pros
Lovely work colleagues
Cons
Staff are not treated like people.
I've been working at MM Furnishings for over four years in International Business Development. The company owner was patient enough to show me the ropes when I started and helped me build my confidence when selling. The job role is fast paced which suits me fine as the financial reward more than compensates for it. A good company if you're looking to be part of a growing business where you are looked after!
I moved to MM furnishings a couple of years ago. The thought of a growing company that I could help develop and expand was what drew me to the company. I have a good relationship with the CEO.
Pros
Great team and teamwork
I wouldn’t recommended working for this company even if your desperate, especially doing an internship, unless you enjoy being taken advantage of. Worked 9-6 every day, did the full job of a junior interior designer under the title of 'unpaid intern'. Made to feel guilty for taking my entitled hour lunch or leaving on time, No empathy, respect or appreciation shown towards the interns. The sales team are rude and demanding, there only interest is their commission, whilst you're not getting paid a penny. The bribe of "possible chance to stay on after the placement" is just a con to get you to work hard before you're slyly replaced with the next unpaid intern. Wasn’t paid the travel expenses I am owed. Absolutely would not recommend to a friend or enemy.
  1. Employee reviews