MKM Building Supplies Ltd

MKM Building Supplies Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
MKM Building Supplies Ltd selected this as a representative review
A great company to work for, very people orientated with a friendly family feel culture. Opportunities for progression and good benefits - MKM really care about their people and look after them
Cons
As administrator every day was different . There are many rolls within the company , The management at my branch were easy to work with and respectful.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long days
A good company to work for mostly positive but can be very demanding on your body and mind but in a nut shell its a good place to work at but you have to be quick and have good knowledge of roads
Pros
good staff ok money good to learn knowledge of building and keeping customers happy
Cons
can be stressful carry uneven loads and can be heavy on your body
Really good job put me threw my forklift test after 2 months of working there good ppl to be around have a good laugh but also get the work done at the same time
Cons
A busy but rewarding place to work , every day is different & there is always a new challenge to overcome , team work is vital in this industry on a daily basis
Pros
Busy
Cons
If you willing to go above and beyond then you will do well, but at the end of the day it's a sales environment and pressure is always there. And since the sales environment at the moment has changed, but to many things. The pressure has grown! The company really does think they are looking after its staff but they are not, the branch network is run
I loved working at mkm I left because I could not live on their wages I spend 3 years working for them had a great time I got just under 1000 pound a month so it was tight and that was driving a hgv crane truck if it payed more I would still be there
You are lower than low, you are wrong thay are right no question, just a number not even a number, bad management doesn't now how to talk to people, talks down to you all the time, nothing is ever good enough.
A typical day at MKM is relaxed but busy. The workplace culture is relaxed but with knowledge that sales targets need to be achieved. The most enjoyable part of the job were the staff and customers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MKM Building Supplies Ltd?
Nice place to work I just wanted to progress in a different route and the manager wouldn't allow me to progress through the company so I followed a contract that the company lost.
It was frustrating to be doing the work and going the extra, whilst two colleagues did less than the minimum that was expected of them and management were inept at dealing with them. I tried getting management to deal with the situation, but they were too feeble. That branch lost two conscientious workers!
Some great lads who are messed about by incompetent management and company directors. Promise you a rise after 6 months it never happens make folk worry for their job and thrive off chaos. Would be a great place to work if they stopped interfering and then blaming yard staff for their mistakes then firing them. Also losing customers hand over foot because of mistakes with orders stay clear.
Brilliant place to work, people are great management are fab.... a great place to work lots of opportunity and the culture is really good. Flexible and they really care for their staff.
I worked as a Temp and was asked to leave after the 8th day as my work wasn't up to standard. Was asked to stay and do the filing before I left. Absolute disgrace Work there at your peril
Didn’t want me there from day 1 only the fact I knew quite a lot of the lads there who said they wanted me there so I went, lasted 2 and a half months till one of the drivers there stuck his ore in and got me sacked for running over his straps and slings he left under the back wheel of his wagon and shot off home. The problems they sacked me for were not gross misconduct or a severe breach of my written contract.
I have been working at MKM for two years and have enjoyed the time i spend here.. The team work well together and make for a happy environment. We are worked hard because they are always busy and expanding which means a good future.
Loved my Work Collegues, Loved the Job, great place to work.
Pros
Flexabilty
Cons
I started here back in March 2019 , it’s was ok to start with , but then it went down hill , I was spoken to like something that you tread in , it was awful, so today I walked out.
Management were an absolute joke, no idea about transport and the legalities, if your not in the little cilque of favourites you have no chance. The branch manager singled out and forced out a member of staff for things his 'little mates' were doing and then came after me for sticking up for him. The wages are rock bottom with no chance of progression.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages and poor management
I was employed as an HGV driver at the recently opened branch in Elgin , in the beginning I saw it as a fresh challenge and I was keen to learn new skills on the hiab etc, but I am a great believer in slow and steady wins the race as I have never used hiab cranes before and I’m sure most people would understand that taking some time to do the work in a safe and professional manner is better than going like the clappers and risking damage to property and or injury to myself or others I also would drive the truck within speed limits as we all know the police and DVSA are all out to get us lol, I’ve been a smoker for many years along with another lad who is there and we were singled out because of this which isn’t very fair we would also be given “ job creation “ tasks when it was quiet one of which was sweeping up in the rain while everyone else was inside standing about laughing and joking with the cliques, if you decide to darken their doorway watch out for AR/NM, I was dismissed because they heard I might have been moving on, I came into work 20 mins early every day I didn’t like to work much past 5pm because there is no overtime so there was no incentive for working late , carrying out deliveries in the van was a joke expecting customers to help one man lift heavy items into their homes, as they wouldn’t send 2 people in the van
Pros
Cons
Hiab training was a refresher course, never used one before
I start work at 5-30am I open up the building do all checks on the forklifts then I drive all vehicles out of the building, next about 6am I open gates let any wagon in that need off loading, then at about 7am I will go out and do my deliveries.if you are right by the management they are fair with you.i don't think there is anything hard about the job I suppose if anything it's sitting in traffic.the most enjoyable part of the job is that I'm trusted with the keys and doing the safety checks on the forklifts.
Pros
i get to do so many different jobs
Cons
47+ hours a week