MITIE Employee Reviews

Found 975 reviews matching the search See all 1,011 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands17 September 2019
Mitie are a great company to work for they have many good contracts around in many sectors. Management are ok always there if you have any problems, full free uniform provided. Great workplace.
Pros
Contracts, management
productive and secure
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham16 September 2019
good company overall to work for. uniform supplied as is the sia licence fee, good variety of sites.
plenty of overtime if wanted.
pay is all ways on time and correct, so no complaints there.
oportunity's to progress are limeted, so not ideal.
pay in the security sector is still quite low bu this affects all company's not just mitie
Poor to work for
Mobile cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MD16 September 2019
Not good to work for don’t get a unfore don’t care about there workers management are poor don’t get paid over time don’t get paid for cover work and Travelling from shop to shop don’t get cleaning materials So very poor
Worst company ive ever worked for.
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Colnbrook16 September 2019
This company will run you into the ground and the only time youll see a manager is when they want to discipline you. As staff your nothing more than dirt to managers.
The moment they took over it all went downhill.
Top dogs are nothing but arrogant out kf touch self inflated *holes.
Pros
Leaving
They seriously suck.
Security guard - Sainsbury's (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire15 September 2019
Don't expect any help from managers who only want to look towards negative aspects of your work and leave you no choice but to leave because they expect you to do one thing then say another. Spineless and immoral, I had a really horrible experience with them and regret every second.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Bad managers.
I have worked for mitie for few years and would like to try something different
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 September 2019
Mitie is an okay company to work for I have work with them for a few years now I have had a lot of training with them the mangers are okay I have learned a lot of skill threw it
fun work place
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 September 2019
first job i do is walk around the building checking that everybody is warm enough.i look after 4 buildings full of people around 450 .so i need to make sure they are all ok .then i check if contracts are due in so i can induct them then i start my daily running of the buildings
Abysmal Company with corrupt management and toxic staff.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaston, Derbyshire (Toyota Manufacturing)12 September 2019
Abysmal company to work for

Corrupt management who constantly lie surrounded by toxic staff members

Worst company I have ever worked for in my life
Not a good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire11 September 2019
Ive had a bad experience working with this company. I was a good employee did everything to help them,then find out that they didn't remember what I have done for them like helped them when they were short staff even thou it was my day off I stillI went in to help them because I am a kind person who like helping others.
Best job
Mobile Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London South East, Greater London11 September 2019
Very good company to work for. I do recommend it to other people aswell. I get to drive around London and get to see different places each day. Best job
busy work place
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  Livingston11 September 2019
don't get enough recognition within the company for the tasks we do or over all commitment we give to the company ,over worked and under payed across the board
Pros
people i work with
Cons
pay
Milk It Till Its Empty 'MITIE' - Run while you can!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 September 2019
I imagine mitie appears to be a great company externally and from the top. Sadly their initiatives and/or outlook doesn't filter through the company.

Change's take place every 2 years, restructures, redundancies.

Staff/Lower tier management are grossly overpaid for what they do due to the middle layers of unnecessary management.

They promise the earth without having the tools, resource or the ability to carry through.

Look elsewhere if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Cons
Long list
Good support and process within FM services area
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Home based as covered large region9 September 2019
Good company to work for , mostly very supportive and good work / life balance whilst working there, local teams very supportive in getting resolution to problems thrown up by the client.
Bloody awful!!!
Contracts Manager - Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire7 September 2019
12 months as a contract manager and it was probably the worst 12 months of my life. The main Managment were terrible back stabbing human beings with no thought for the staff or the work being produced, it was all about figures, ohh and never taking the blame for anything.
Management useless
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Swansea4 September 2019
The working hours are fairly standard for a security roll. However, the pay is minimum wage at most of mities sites.
Management is a joke. Impossible to get hold of, unsympathetic when you have a genuine crisis and a high turnover of them (we had 3 replacements in 6months).
Not a chance of career advancement.
good work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 September 2019
Good company to work for, you get paid on time and get plenty of shifts but you will be stuck what you are doing forever, NO advancement or training what so ever.
Secure job with plenty of progression to those willing to work for it.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, West Midlands3 September 2019
I find Mitie to be the best of all security companies I've been employed with. Very understanding and helpful management, excellent training provided, great feedback from the HR department and generally one of the best and most flexible work environments I have worked for.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Unstable day by day task requirements
Dont do it
Mobile engineer (Current Employee) –  Frimley Green2 September 2019
Thier work ethic stinks They just want everything for nothing There never any praises for looking out for the companies but flippen eck if u do something they dont like thats ur lot They also wont pay for the 1st & last hour of every day travelling These a a few examples theres dozens more This company is immoral.
Awful and unprofessional
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes2 September 2019
Staff bullying particularly at MK The Quadrant.
Rampant racism
Logistics and the workplace departments are a revolving door of staff that has been bullied out of the business
No proper training given
Poor management
Favoritsm for staff who management like
Most unprofessional employer i have ever worked for.
Pros
Network Rail staff
Cons
rubbish avaoid with all cost
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bushbury, Wolverhamptone2 September 2019
Stay away, this company care nothing but themselves, they treat security officers like garbage, pay you peanuts, they just send you onsite without any training and you will hardly see the supervisor.

Stay away
Pros
Cons
rubbish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.