MITIE
Information from MITIE:

MITIE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,204 reviews
Found 1,204 reviews matching the search
Only come to work for Mitie if you have no ambition, like to be bullied, lied to by managers and love mediocrity. Promotions are based on nepotism and cronyism the system is definitely not based on a meritocracy, this is likely why the firm is in such a poor state. If you just want a job to pay the bills then this is the place for you.

The firm makes very little profit and that reflects in everything they do, they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing, this should be the company motto. Pay rises are practically non-existent, the richest you will be is your first year of work after that you will get incrementally poorer. If you work overtime expect to be short-changed at the end of the month, this is systemic and widespread throughout the firm, it has to be deliberate (Cui Bono). Plus point, co-workers you are all in the same boat and that makes for a bond. Many good people leaving at the moment which is a tell in itself. Mitie is a decaying leviathan; choose a different path.
Pros
25 days holiday; 17:00 Friday afternoon.
Cons
You are just an anonymous number floating in a sea of apathy lead by incompetent lackey's..
My Manager has an aggressive attitude very unhelpful not approachable you will also receive no thanks for doing Extra covering no sanitizer or glasses during covid even after asking a number of times have to take your own
Hey, if you are the type of person that likes to have a job where you can really settle in and make it your own then this is the place!
Within a very short time I had seen that there were plentiful opportunities for me to get what I needed, they really make it easy to plan ahead.

There are a lot of excellent colleagues that you can rely on to ensure your job gets done.
Pros
Management culture
Management always cover ever overs backs. Not bothered about the gards, my manager had changed 3 times in 7years still not seen one of them. They just call when they need you. Good luck getting through to them, treated like kids. If you refuse a shift, the will punish you by taking always tour shifts. Online system is always crashing, no help from no one feel like your a solo working and have no backing, would never work for them again. Also they always mess your pay up.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, incorrect pay, no backing from management
Bad managers that are over worked and poorly supported leading to a high turn over in staff and managers. Lack of continuity means issues are not resolved and the same problems persist. Too much back biting to achieve what is needed.
I love working within the team and being given the opportunity to work from home while I am shielding. Can't wait to get back into the office though!

A typical day is working through my emails and attending meetings.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bad company to work for altogether. Don't pay what they owe. They lie and tell you they will help just ask. They don't give you holidays when you book them 6 months in advance.
Pros
non
Cons
The Management was poor and openly abusive to staff. What's to say apart from something goes wrong they will blame you or not take responsibility. Pay wasn't that great and aside from the backstabbing I would recommend staying well away if you value your mental health.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Openly abusive management
Although I was a contractor Mitie were very inclusive in their management Comms and Support and were always very professional.
Environment is fast paced so you need to be an experienced PM.
Pros
Inclusive management
Cons
Fast pace
Had been spoken to extremely poorly on a number of occasions by employees of the client without them having good reason to speak to me in such a way, just made to feel like nothing more than a worthless number, pay could of been worse but also could of been better for the risk involved. Support could be better when dealing with the client.
Pros
Plenty of hours and friendly Mitie staff
Cons
Poor treatment from client
The job has very little to do, the hardest part is staying awake it is that boring. The management is very hit and miss with a lot of favouritism. The opportunity for progression is another area where it is about who you know more than what you know. Often working 12 hours with 1 other person. There can be alot of petty behaviour among younger officers with gossip often personal.
Pros
per year the pay is good
Cons
A LOT of hours
This company is the biggest joke of a company I've ever worked for. Please dont put yourself through the pain of working for mitie fire and security. They have no idea what there doing. Blind leading the blind. At best. Dont pay on time. No ppe. No help with jobs.
Pros
Cons
Where do i start?
I worked in the document production centre based on a external accountancy firm for a few years, i was very happy until Mitie won the contract and we TUPED over to them!

The company has no idea how to treat its employees and you will be worked like a donkey until they do one of there famous restructures which means they will strip your T&Cs away slowly or make you redundant! I see this happen several times while working for them and its there was of getting the most out of people then getting rid of them. The management is absolutely appalling and any concerns raised is quickly brushed under the carpet, the management team are corrupt and obviously are in it for themselves. On the site i worked at the manager would leave to go cinema in the middle of the day, come and go when they please and have no idea how some of the work should be done! Bullying and being spoken down to is also common under the Mitie Rule however this is simply covered up. The workloads and work practices are so bad that i really have no idea how they continue to win contracts!

Id like to think Mitie as a whole is not like this but unfortunately my experience is a very bad one!

Your almost better off signing on than working for these fools!
Pros
Free appalling uniform!
Cons
Long hours, bad conditions, pressured, bullied, spoken down too, once they have had enough of you, you will be made redundant or managed out!
No communication with management. Poor management
No organisation.

Poor wage

Rubbish hours.

Unfair treatment

No training. Didn't get any induction or instructions on what was expected of me.
Very horrible manage. My shift started at 18.00 hrs on my break at 23.30hrs i recieved a phone call that my child mother was ill and ambulance was on their way
I ask the supervisor if i could go he agrees .

But i was told the following day in an email i should not return because i went home.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Working at MITIE their is no confidence in the management structure. The only time you see an area manager is when they wish to complain about something. Poor work life balance and no contact with management or PPE during Covid-19.
Reactive, no follow through on plans, blame culture.
Treat staff appallingly, customers lied to and no integrity.

Lots of disgruntled staff and HR dept understaffed.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Everything else
Work for Mitie for 10 years, and I have experienced the worse form of racism you would ever imagine both from Mitie and our customers Tesco. You are never appreciated doesn't matter what you have done for them.
Pros
The staffs where indeed hard working
Cons
Bad place to work
Appalling management, wages are wrong most of the time. They expect far to much work in your shift. They will change the goal posts daily. For the sake of your sanity avoid this place as they will work you to death for peanuts.
Pros
Zero
Cons
no interview. just a phone call. then i forgot all about them. 2 months later they email me to say they have completed the checks.and i can start.
i was asked if i prefer days or night i said night.. i then get a rota of nother but days. i spoke to manager 3 times about it and did exactly what id expect.. added more days on.

the site is shocking. minimum wage to sit there with 2 other gaurds and look into space for 12 hours.

no checks, no patrols. complete 0 amount of work.

most the gaurds dont speak english. and if they do i cant understand a word of it.

made to work with a black guy who rasist to white people. who wears suppervisor hivis to bully the new people. when his not a suppervisor.

never talks just shouts at people trys to order them around and act like the boss..

mitie have a stupid website setup. where have to do these things they call training. but just some stupid online questions.

have log in every day to check rota as not email to you.

as well as a 12 hour shift with no breaks.

all in all worst security job and company ive worked for
took a month to pay after pay day.
management were childish and unhelpful

constant nagging from co-workers

got to work peacefully alone

would not recommend