Mitie TSM

Mitie TSM Employee Reviews

Line management must be non discriminatory
Reception Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sky Leeds Dock/8 September 2019
I really loved to work with Mitie
RECEPTION Security Sky Leeds Dock: Activation of all visitor and staff passes - Visitor bookings - Contractors booking and induction - Random spot checks of visitor bags - Looking after all staff complaints and logging of jobs-Controlling Building Management Systems - Plant room responsibilities and evacuation plans - Weekly fire alarm check - Controlling facilities team -Mail delivery records - Meet and greet visitors - Building Patrolling - Management of building keys
along with update quarterly Key audit reports
Security Officer Logistic Control Broadway Shopping Mall- Bradford
Monitoring delivery vehicles and managing their registration
Managing and registering contractors and visitors and dealing with their queries13
not worth the hassle
security officer (Former Employee) –  St. Asaph23 April 2019
i had a few problems with a member of staff and management couldnt help or get involved but if you end up leaving with out notice you will end up having to pay £250 admin fee to leave
Pros
Cons
alot
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire30 March 2019
Would never work for these again. They never get wages right and then you spend weeks chasing it up. Absolute joke company and they treat you terribly. Managers are rude and clueless. Definitely stay clear of this Company.
Pros
Cons
Absolute jokes
Manager
Former security (Former Employee) –  Gloucester Quays, Gloucestershire29 March 2019
Management is absolutely useless specifically the managers. They only remember you when they want something from you. When you need them they are absolutely useless no were to contact .they make empty promises .
Pros
Cons
A lot!
Shocking company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumbria6 March 2019
Having to constantly watch your back with office and senior management. They would rather stabb you in the back instead of trying to support you.
Some one needs to remind them there's no i in team work. Avoid - there's other better companies out there
Pros
Isn't any
Cons
Bad senior management
Security officer nhs hospital Dewsbury
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire5 March 2019
Worked for mitie for 13 years never late never sick always make myself available to cover handed 2 weeks notice in due to realacation east Yorkshire in return label got 360 pounds dedicated from my final salary it took me 9 months to get it returned only because my step sons and solicitor shame on you what's the point off that . Contract management x mas bonus perhaps. please can ceo s office get rid off the waste that's ruined your company a once loyal officer thanks
Pros
On time monthly pay
Cons
Maneger s dead wood get rid . vibrant new ones
Rubbish company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sky, livingston6 February 2019
Company is useless. You work overtime and dont get payed. Senior supervisor is always sat on backside or smoking her head off outside sky building. No stock to do job properly and no decent uniforms. I suffered mental health issues and got no support which has left me feeling worse.
Experienced Security Officer
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire2 December 2018
Unique & varied role covering around 10 stores. The role teaches me much about myself. My role is often challenging, both mental & physical, but also rewarding when a theft is successfully prevented or when potential conflict is overted. Building good working relationships with Store Management & Police is important.
My hours are contracted to 45 per week, however overtime is always available increasing my income, £21-23k pa easilly achievable. Also I recieve double pay for Bank Holidays, pretty good for a Security company. Personally I have had no problems with my pay, but I always keep a thorough record of my hours so I can easilly identify any errors. Job security is also good, Yes the shifts can be long & very tiring, & yes homelife / social life takes a hit. This is not an easy career option, & not a job for everyone, but a job which demands a large element of self organisation & determination, but the rewards are there!
The Security Industry is a people using industry. The company needs to fill shifts, that is its prime concern & yes to a great extent you really are just a number. The secret is to use the situation positively for you. For me, my career in Security gives me much, including the ability to support myself & provide for my family. So the using can work both ways. A career in Security can be full of surprises both good & bad, its how you accept both as a person that will decide if its for you.
Is Mitie perfect? No. Would I recommend working for Mitie? Yes.
My tip:
Do the job & have fun!
Pros
Good industry pay. Unique role. Can be fun.
Cons
The mental & physical toll.
Most honest review you'll read
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seascale28 October 2018
Where do I start with this shambles of a company.

Get paid for 6am to 6pm shift but in actually fact you have to be on site 5am until 6.30pm.

No shift allowance.

Work either a 60hr day shift week for 2 days off, or work the 3 - 4 shift pattern of 3 days, 4 nights, 3 off, 4 days, 3 nights, 4 off

Your expected to wear the clothes you take home in an active radiation area unlike any other company on site who have to wear special clothes, mities answer for this is that officers don't touch radiation, they seem to ignore the fact that we touch people who do touch such stuff and so we can still get contaminated.

Management are under qualified and only have their positions because either their face fits or via default. A normal night shift in the sites main office is one quick drive around site, order take away, watch a film and then sleep. They thrive off of conflict, and sit planning how to cause the next clash of heads between officers, but hate having to sort it out if they have pushed it too far.

They employ everybody and anybody! And I mean that, if your lucky enough to fail an interview, that's ok they will offer you another and make sure you get it this time. Display psychopathic behaviour and threat others? Brilliant your now a supervisor.

Decent wages, but you give up your life and soul for it.

If standards management see you smile or being polite to the customer, your getting pulled up, but if your walking around in worn out uniform with holes in for months they don't mind because "a uniform order has been put in" or "they are changing supplier"
Pros
You may meet a few nice people
Cons
Long hours, lack of management, lack of employee care
The Fourth Reich
manager (Former Employee) –  south20 September 2018
A company adorned in it's own self importance, a senior management team of yes men/women and a structure built on pure nepotism, massively lacking in integrity.

A huge organisation with a small company mentality
Pros
Some great people sadly working for such a poor setup
Cons
lack of integrity and encourages poor behaviour in order to advance
Outstanding place to work! But is full of babies.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Sellafield, Cumbria1 August 2018
I dont know how the management team copes.with some of the idiots who work for them. I mean if your joining a job in the security industry 99.9% of the time means long unsociable hours!

Hats off to the management team who have to deal with idiots that dont realise this, and create fictional (yes fictional!) Ailments/reasons why they cant do the basic of tasks/hours and create more work for their already hard working colleagues.

My experience with Mitie was great! I came to work, worked the hours, done the job, and got paid a small fortune for my troubles. Cracking!

I dont think that anywhere can be the perfect place to work. But i do think if this management team can weed out the unnecissary complainers, the unwilling workers, or the compulsive liars, i think that it wouldnt be far off.

If you are looking to join. You will work long hours, you will be out in the rain, you will be expected to do your job. And if that is a problem then the solution is DONT JOIN!
Pros
Great pay, plenty of work, progression availabilty, secure job.
Cons
Picking up other peoples slack, recruitment not strict enough.
Avoid at all costs
Guard (Current Employee) –  Seascale25 July 2018
Worst management team I envisage I will ever work for. They are all friends who promote each other (none of whom are suitable for management roles)
Uniform is of the lowest possible stanard, equipment is poor, no recognition for a job well done brutal hours almost impossible to take your annual holidays, pay often wrong, company is only bothered about squeezing every penny possible out of the workforce.
Almost impossible to loose your job as management standards are so low and they are too incompetent to enforce them properly
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
people i met have become good friends.
store security (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire25 June 2018
The management are absolutely useless and are no help when needed.
A " pass the buck" approach is clearly at play!
They dont care about their employees unless your prepared to slave away for them and they dont care if you have family!
Would never work for them again.
Pros
Making good friends
Cons
No life / work balance. on your own with no support.
Stay away from Mitie Tsm secuirty
Secuirty officer (Former Employee) –  Hampshire9 June 2018
Manger treat you like no support make rules up to suit them selves and mangers don't like to be challenged no sick pay there put pressure on cover shifts no support if you get injured while on duty just avoid this company at all cost there much better company out there
Pros
Not making mistake of eorking for this company
Cons
Working for this company
Great wages, little to no support from management.
Guard chimp (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 March 2018
Well paid job with the chance to make many friends within the industry, however management and payroll are extremely poor. Wages are often incorrect, and uniform is very very difficult to obtain. Management also have very little interest in your wellbeing and personal life, you can easily become a victim of your own success i.e it seems you can gain job security by performing poorly and doing the bare minimum.

Very frustrating place to work if your used to working hard or making any type of effort.
Pros
Friendship and reputation building.
Cons
Incorrect wages, impossible to use your holidays, little or no uniform, constant harassment from managers who can’t cover shifts, unreasonable requests, no regard for wellbeing.
A good company generally
Regional Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Site based6 March 2018
Mitie were generally a good company to work for, although as a Facilities management company were highly reliant on client actions cost cutting, redundancies etc
Mitie drowns in its own size
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire1 January 2018
Mitie became so big management can't handle it anymore.
Mitie bought our small security firm and the contrast was huge
Operation managers came and went .. lot of pressure for them
Our salary was unbelievably low and sickness was not paid.
You feel not valued at all
Pros
Lot of staff
Cons
Management lost control
Don't approach this company.
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire29 December 2017
I was working my job plus a vacant spot they could not fill sometimes 6 days a week for months on end. They told me it's expected of me. Management only interested in themselves and getting up the next rung in the ladder. 0 hour contract. When i resigned was told I had to give them notice. I laughed and said read the contract.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, rubbish pay, lousy management.
Company is a joke
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uk15 December 2017
Tupe transfer over. 12 months after that redundancies happened unsafe place to work. Expect a lot for the shocking wage they pay.
Pay was wrong some months and also overpayments other impacting every month until I become a team leader. Didn’t have tools for the job no contract and they still say it’s legal
Pros
The other officers and stores you work
Cons
Bad company worst ever in 20 years
Good People
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fife12 December 2017
Some people you work with are good. Company is rubbish. Cannot contact anyone when you have a problem. The management are not interested as long as a guard turns up for duty they sit back and do nothing
Pros
non
Cons
rubbish wages, rubbish management