MITIE Security Employee Reviews

Basic security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 January 2018
I was only there seven months , worked at Manchester County Court but the company is always growing so must be decent to work for , nothing negative to say
Pros
Always pay on time
Cons
It's OK but I think they could do a little better.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, Rotherham & Doncaster7 January 2018
It's OK but I have been to different security companies like SECURITAS and I have enjoyed it more than MITIE security but I'd like to think I get an average amount of money per year. I work 45 hours per week so it isn't very tiring.
ok
Security Officer– Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 January 2018
biggest problems at the company are the aerie managers, its hard to get in touch with them , dont reply to your message. dont provide proper training at start of job .
Cons
long houers
Not all its cracked up to be
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  South West3 January 2018
I am with Mitie through a Tupee contract change rather than by choice. Its not I expected and have had issues with pay, hours given, holidays and lack of notice for the hours I'm meant to work. The pay isn't too bad when they actually get it right. I wouldn't recommend Mitie to friends unless they like being lied to
Pros
You get paid, that's its
Cons
Too many to list
Review
Security Guard on SPRS site 3 (Former Employee) –  Sellafield31 December 2017
Personally I did not enjoy working there as it was long hours with no real time off before you were back in work again. The pay was quite bad which didn’t make it any better.
Ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torbay, Devon27 December 2017
Ok to work for you get left in your own.. trying to get hold of management can be a nightmare. You get all your shifts online with is helpful also you can book holidays online which is good!
Pros
Get left to do the job
Cons
Trying to get hold of management is a nightmare
Client determines result.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Midlands17 December 2017
Mitie as a whole are a typical large Security Company. Jobs for the boys at the top level and you at the bottom are just a number. They have failed to promote so many good officers from within, that they have subsequently lost them. They seemed to have no schedulers, so that duty fell on the shoulders of the overworked Ops Managers. There were no mobile supervisors, so there werre no regular site visits. The Business Managers blew hot and cold. My BM was blowing arctic conditions, never saw him. They could not recruit, which seems to be a problem for all. The foreign labour force seemed to have dried up, so all that was left were the unemployable and the dole scroungers. Removing the average rate of pay as far away from the minimum wage would have helped, but margins would have suffered and therefore the operations management would have deteriorate even further.

The only saving grace, in the job, was if you worked with a client that cared and fortunately I did and that you worked as part of a great team, with colleagues who you got on with and again I did.
Pros
Uniform, not too many wage queries.
Cons
Too many to list.
Demanding job
security officer (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 December 2017
lots of phone calls to banks to support them with alarms and safe settings. contacting security team to attend sites when alarms activate. contacting and liaising with police when needed. Long days, nights and days. nice to only have to work half the month though. got 7 days off in a row each month. I learnt a lot from this job but was made redundant. No chance of career progression though or extra training.
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire12 December 2017
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for
The management is extremely poor ,
No response to calls , text,or email,
And the ones you do get too see on very rare occasions
Have a bad attitude
Pros
Cons
Vary poorly run company
Ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 December 2017
Not a bad company to work for , the management are hard to get hold of like any big company but apart from that I have had no real issues with Mitie .
Pros
Pay
Cons
long hours and sometimes none available
Worst company ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 November 2017
I would not recommend them to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

Rubbish in every department (management, admin, payroll and HR). Full of cowboys...
Pros
Cons
Too many
bad
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London11 November 2017
Bad Company ever..don`t enjoy in this company at least you are desperate , management not good at all, they always messing up with your payslip and late payment.
As retail job the salary is low and stressful ..
About your days off if you are lucky you get it, they change your shift when they want without ask you or they will tell you at the last minute where you need to go.If you do overtime they will not pay you any penny more.
(CCTV and DS Holders will be paid same money ) useless people
Shame..!!
Please do not bother
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Poole1 November 2017
Look for a better company. Not a lot of contracts in the area. I was assaulted by a site supervisor and Nothing was done about it. I moved off site, i was given casual work. I put my notice in and all I got was my work dryer up. Spent about 2 weeks with no work after i told then i was leaving.
Pros
Nothing unless you like spendind hours traviling to work.
Cons
Wage was ok
For peace of mind and self esteem, give this company a miss.
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North West30 October 2017
Having worked for Mitie for a number of years, as a Retail Security Officer, on contract to a Major Superstore, located in the Northwest, Cheshire, and Shropshire Regions.
What can I say about this company! No Management backup or feedback, most of the time not contactable, issues that require Management interaction, doesn't materialise, very rare site visits, no training, even though training reports are filled in, they promise you this and that, but again it doesn't materialise.
Lies, lies, lies, lies, they put so many restrictions on you, that it's impossible to carry-out your duties, in a professional manner.
I've worked in the Security Industry for over 30 years, but this company, being one of the biggest companies in the UK is a disgrace.
Senior Management, need to inestigate there Middle and Lower Management, and assess the situation, and have a clear out of the dead wood, where there's many.
Salary is only slightly over minimum wage.
The only descent part of this company is the in-house technology. (The only reason I gave 2 stars)
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to mention.
great work place
Airport Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Belfast18 October 2017
an amazing place to work really enjoyed my time there only there was not enough hours for me as I needed more to make ends meet but a great bunch out people and management would certainly work there again
good company to work for
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow18 October 2017
i have worked with Mitie security since 2008 and have left their employment via tupe.
while working with Mitie i had been given the opportunity to work in many different sites and held positions within the company of security officer, undercover security officer, security controller and duty manager within both retail and corporate level.
during my time within Mitie i was taught various skills including Management of staff, Alarm Monitoring Systems and Experience of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
friendly work colleagues
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2017
was made redundant due to business changes. was handled really badly with no answers. seems as if they were unaware of how to handle this situation properly. the management didn't know the process and didn't respond

however colleagues made it a nice place to work
Management and work offering very poor
Mobile Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester12 October 2017
No work sat at home 0 hour Contract
Pay is wrong as soon as I strat with them
Asking for work making myself available for work no work given told can’t work for any other company and told I have to sit at home to Wait for work
Pros
Online free mitie Benifits discounts on products
Cons
No work to offer me then told Can’t work for other companies
Fun
Security Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
I enjoyed working at MITIE for the duration I stayed with them. My contracts manager was very helpful and granted me the opportunity to educate myself to a Masters degree level.
Pros
Cleaning tokens for uniforms provided
Cons
Delay in approving holidays
Ok company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow29 September 2017
My time at Mitie was ok there was not much to complain about, there was plenty of work there for all the guards but the pay wasn't very good and the management could have been better.