MITIE Security Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 April 2018
If you leave company Even after 10 years they will deduct £150 from your last wage for uniform. Management incompetent, never care about staff, no progress, treat staff like slave.
Specially retail section in Leicestershire mangement does not care about staff’s welfare.
Cons
A good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire12 April 2018
I have worked for Mitie for 2 years as I was part of the TUPE process, which happend on the site where I work and am happy that I am working for them. The previous company never paid us on time and sometimes we had to wait for weeks for our pay. I have had a couple of minor pay queries but nothing major and the Ops Manager sorted it quickly. The site I work on is good and I enjoy ny job.The changes that are being made on site currently by MItie are making it an even better place to work and they do look to progress people that show enthusiam and who work hard. I have read a lot of the reviews on the Indeed Website about Mitie although not perfect, some comments are very harsh - people just need to the job correctly and if they dont like it they can always leave.
Pros
The site I work on
Cons
Working with some lazy team members
very trying
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool6 April 2018
Worked with some great people. but management not so good need to remember they are dealing with people not robots. And also have bills to pay. HR are a complete waste of time .
Cons
work life balance
Stay away unless you enjoy no benefits, no career progress and no life
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2018
As a current employee from a university background. I too joined this large organisation thinking it had potential. It's a company that has a policy of retaining it's staff at the same level with no progress. As long as they keep their contracts. Security employees remain at the same level with no progress or with no new skills. And if you are from an ethnic background then you are more likely to be given a simple contract with a low paid site. I have personally come across many university qualified security guards who were stuck for tears with no signs of progress. Cleaners are treated as cattle with low pay. Mitie has an active recruiting policy where they employ cleaning staff with low level of understanding English. The company has lost many of its benchmark sites due to not retaining high calibre employees.
Pros
A large company that has avenues for constant work
Cons
No progress, unhappy staff, no real avenue to learn new skills, mismanaged company that has grown too large and is lost with a failing management structure.
Stay away from this joke of a firm
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hampshire25 March 2018
Ive been in security for nearly 16 years and by far this is the worse company i have worked for you have no home life area manager is a joke and so is the company. I will never work for this company again if they take over i site im on i am leaving.
Stay away from this joke of a firm
Pros
Cons
Long hours no home life
Would never recommend this company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sainsburys Contract retail security20 March 2018
Disgraceful management. Unreliable shifts, deduct money from your pay if you leave within a certain time frame which is a rip off. Treat selected staff like rubbish and try bully others.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor management, rude staff and low pay
the staff make the place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harlow17 March 2018
its the staff that make this place fun, the work can be physically and emotionally draining on some of the shifts, as a security company they leave a lot to be desired.
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
management hasn't got a clue
Worst company
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  North west13 March 2018
Mitie security discriminatory with employees who have medical conditions I know this from experience worst company to work for managers don't care have no respect they stick together for each other and racist towards ethnic minorities.
Pros
No breaks
Cons
Long hours no social time to spend with family
Worst company I`ve ever worked for
Retail Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City12 March 2018
Don`t do it for the sake of your sanity.
If you want to freeze to death in an air conditioned shop surrounded by fridges with no doors, whilst occasionally running after shoplifters for minimum wage then this is the job for you!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Having to work every weekend, split shifts, short breaks, bad management etc. etc.
Was able to learn an pickup awhole variety of skills including first aid restraining and picked up bit of CCTV operations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London Paddington9 March 2018
Enjoyed working at this particular company an site was well organised and given adequate training to perform my duties management were very experienced an easy going
Pros
Was able to learn awhole range of security related services
Cons
Unable to get some social time
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2018
Foul most Corrupted Company . No Stars . No communication ,Just there to keep contracts to fill their Pockets The rating of this company is only through Stars . 0
Pros
Cons
They are
I like working for them because of thrie good working conditions
SECURITY OFFICER [Mobile Driver] (Former Employee) –  Pinderfield and Pontefract Hospitals19 February 2018
I do long hours getting to learn every day what management expected of me I get along very well with people of all cultures. I dislike aggressive ones.
Terrible. Just terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire16 February 2018
Just awful to work for. Working ridiculously long hours, expected to work on your own through busy times of the day in huge stores. Next to no recognition but plenty of critism.

Management are okay, they do their best to help but just like the lower security they are under stupid amounts of stress too.

Pay is just awful for the amount of abuse that we have to deal with.

Often working long shifts with next to no rest inbetween.

Uniform don't even get me started. You order it, takes 3 months to arrive, when it dies arrive most of it is missing and what does turn up is the wrong sizes.

No real training given. Just thrown into the job and expected to perform to unbelievably high standards.

Advise would be to steer well clear of here and retail security in general.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count.
A stepping stone at best!
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 February 2018
A very poor place to work really. You average day consists of being worked to the bone trying to keep up with the needs of the customer who can effectively refuse to pay for the work you've done if they find so much as a small weed poking out of anywhere. This then obviously causes no end of hassle for you because you're made to feel like you're a failure for missing even the slightest detail.

Constant threats against your job make you feel like every day there could be your last. You don't even have to have done anything wrong, but they will still tell you that they are looking to replace you.

Management is all over the place. They quite literally have no clue what is going on. None of them ever set foot on a site to know what needs doing, but are very confident they know it all.

These aren't exclusive to myself either. Every single person there complains about working conditions because we all get treated like we don't matter on a daily basis and due to this employee morale is extremely low. I'm not sure i've ever met a happy Mitie since being here.

Use it as a stepping stone if there is nothing else available, but do all you can to find something better because no matter who you are, you are worth more than working at a place like Mitie!
Pros
Going home at the end of the day.
Cons
The duration of time spent working there.
great job but unproffessional region for the company
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 February 2018
i was on suspension for 12 months for an incident at work and area management failed me in this time, 10 or so meetings, investigations, grievances and disciplinary meetings took places as communication was none existent within the company. When i was returned to work my role was taken and i took a payout as my position wasn't tenable. if you could leave 0 stars i would of
Pros
great job role
Cons
money, area management
Worse work place ever!!
Security (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 January 2018
You been warned!! You will be walking into mine land!!worse company ever!! Stay away well from this cowboys!!!... minimum national wages!! No pay raise last 8.years..no travel money..with pan
Pros
Not even lunch break
Cons
They use you like a slave!!
Built great relationships
Wilko security support operations manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire10 January 2018
Only had a minimal time working within this role due to tupe process from Wilko but was made very welcome and met some very hard working inderviduals.
Basic security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 January 2018
I was only there seven months , worked at Manchester County Court but the company is always growing so must be decent to work for , nothing negative to say
Pros
Always pay on time
Cons
It's OK but I think they could do a little better.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, Rotherham & Doncaster7 January 2018
It's OK but I have been to different security companies like SECURITAS and I have enjoyed it more than MITIE security but I'd like to think I get an average amount of money per year. I work 45 hours per week so it isn't very tiring.
ok
Security Officer– Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 January 2018
biggest problems at the company are the aerie managers, its hard to get in touch with them , dont reply to your message. dont provide proper training at start of job .
Cons
long houers