MITIE Security Employee Reviews

Never EVER work for this.
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire10 July 2018
I cannot describe this shower without copious amounts of profanity. Just to say it made me ill, you will be bullied constantly, favouritism show by management towards their "pals"
Working in Sainsbury's in Yorkshire. Long hours weekends only . No time for family . Never saw mangment . Avoid.
Security (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire1 July 2018
Working weekends only . (Joke) . Why is Sainsbury's only busy then !!!! No family time. Avoid. Don't get me started about holidays . Like pulling teeth out.. can't have them . Unless you book 4/5 month in advance. One day off . Birthdays ect ....... forget it
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
10 hours daily
Lack of management at cumbria
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cumbria9 June 2018
LONG hours.
12 hr shifts you have to be in for 5.15 but don't get paid till 6.

take you on at 48 hrs but really you do 84 from Tuesday till Tuesday.
but its classed as 56 because the week starts and ends on sundays !!!!!!.

there is a lack of training.

the management are useless. they only look after their favourites and themselves.
if your not one of them they simply do not care.

have 3 days off and get called in for a meeting to explain why you have been off 3 times in a year.

the money is only good because of the long hours.

say goodbye to your family and friends.
Pros
the people you work with
Awful manager colleague communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Somerset9 June 2018
Terrible company to work for,rarely if ever saw my area manager and he only phoned when he wanted me to do something for him. Rotas were never done on time or at all so on a Sunday evening you still had no idea what you would be doing for that week. Increasingly expected to travel three hours to and from work on top of a ten hour shift. I would highly recommend that if you want to work in the security industry avoid Mitie and look for a more professional company of which there are many.
Pros
Cons
Poor area managers
Don't work for this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 June 2018
This Ops Managers never apreciate how much favour you do for them. After a while forget to treat you with respect.

This company is not good at all. There are so many problems in the company nobody care about it unless you are happy to rise the complain outside of the company.
Worst company ive ever worked for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Devon23 May 2018
Expectations are high, wages are very low. Managers are always on your back, and always find an excuse to fob you off. Biggest bunch of back stabbers you could ever work for. Everything but the truth comes out of their mouths. Steer clear of the Bristol/Exeter offices.
Pros
Going home after a shift.
Cons
Working for a cowboy outfit.
Just a number
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  london27 April 2018
You are treated just like a number on piece of paper. Again lack of support from the management within the group. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
boring workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London24 April 2018
Its alright to work with mitie but its bit complicated to connect with your manager. Seems manager woudnt like to have contact with their employees. unless they need to.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
long hours, hard to handle pressure
Too much work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen22 April 2018
The company offers rather decent money for retail environment, but the job/life balance is almost non existent. I've met some really cool people working on Sainsbury's contract though.
Avoid at all costs
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hucknall, Nottinghamshire22 April 2018
Site was good to work at and line manager was ok but higher than that made the experience one I do not wish to repeat.
They do not value their employees at all and don't even bother asking for help with anything. Senior management have no people skills whatsoever
Pros
Cons
Higher management and lack of proper organisation
Not a good company to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 April 2018
If you leave company Even after 10 years they will deduct £150 from your last wage for uniform. Management incompetent, never care about staff, no progress, treat staff like slave.
Specially retail section in Leicestershire mangement does not care about staff’s welfare.
ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Midlands14 April 2018
ok on a day to day basis or night to night basis. i've worked for better and worked for worse so the company is middle of the road but wages could be better
A good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire12 April 2018
I have worked for Mitie for 2 years as I was part of the TUPE process, which happend on the site where I work and am happy that I am working for them. The previous company never paid us on time and sometimes we had to wait for weeks for our pay. I have had a couple of minor pay queries but nothing major and the Ops Manager sorted it quickly. The site I work on is good and I enjoy ny job.The changes that are being made on site currently by MItie are making it an even better place to work and they do look to progress people that show enthusiam and who work hard. I have read a lot of the reviews on the Indeed Website about Mitie although not perfect, some comments are very harsh - people just need to the job correctly and if they dont like it they can always leave.
Pros
The site I work on
Cons
Working with some lazy team members
very trying
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool6 April 2018
Worked with some great people. but management not so good need to remember they are dealing with people not robots. And also have bills to pay. HR are a complete waste of time .
Cons
work life balance
Stay away unless you enjoy no benefits, no career progress and no life
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2018
As a current employee from a university background. I too joined this large organisation thinking it had potential. It's a company that has a policy of retaining it's staff at the same level with no progress. As long as they keep their contracts. Security employees remain at the same level with no progress or with no new skills. And if you are from an ethnic background then you are more likely to be given a simple contract with a low paid site. I have personally come across many university qualified security guards who were stuck for tears with no signs of progress. Cleaners are treated as cattle with low pay. Mitie has an active recruiting policy where they employ cleaning staff with low level of understanding English. The company has lost many of its benchmark sites due to not retaining high calibre employees.
Pros
A large company that has avenues for constant work
Cons
No progress, unhappy staff, no real avenue to learn new skills, mismanaged company that has grown too large and is lost with a failing management structure.
Stay away from this joke of a firm
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hampshire25 March 2018
Ive been in security for nearly 16 years and by far this is the worse company i have worked for you have no home life area manager is a joke and so is the company. I will never work for this company again if they take over i site im on i am leaving.
Stay away from this joke of a firm
Pros
Cons
Long hours no home life
Would never recommend this company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sainsburys Contract retail security20 March 2018
Disgraceful management. Unreliable shifts, deduct money from your pay if you leave within a certain time frame which is a rip off. Treat selected staff like rubbish and try bully others.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor management, rude staff and low pay
the staff make the place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harlow17 March 2018
its the staff that make this place fun, the work can be physically and emotionally draining on some of the shifts, as a security company they leave a lot to be desired.
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
management hasn't got a clue
Worst company
Support Officer (Former Employee) –  North west13 March 2018
Mitie security discriminatory with employees who have medical conditions I know this from experience worst company to work for managers don't care have no respect they stick together for each other and racist towards ethnic minorities.
Pros
No breaks
Cons
Long hours no social time to spend with family
Worst company I`ve ever worked for
Retail Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City12 March 2018
Don`t do it for the sake of your sanity.
If you want to freeze to death in an air conditioned shop surrounded by fridges with no doors, whilst occasionally running after shoplifters for minimum wage then this is the job for you!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Having to work every weekend, split shifts, short breaks, bad management etc. etc.