Mitchells & Butlers

Mitchells & Butlers Employee Reviews for Server

Server64 reviews
United Kingdom64 reviews
Good for part time
Although pay isn’t the best you get to keep your tips which is definitely a bonus. Being part time hours a flexible and things are easily swapped around
Quick-pace and intense
Although at times stressful, working for Mitchell and butlers helped to develop social and customer service skills. They paid a fair wage with good overall management. The most rewarding part of the job is the comradeship between the employees as a result of being a part of a team and effectively pulling your weight in your role.
Rubbish
Rubbish job. No perks no job security. They mangers where nasty. The pay was rubbish always understaffed would. Ot consider getting a job there again.
Examine everything
Been working in the pub for 2 months now and all i can say is that they don't pay people enough so most of us still lives with their parents or has a second job. London is so expensive and not everyone has the possibility to live close to their job and the pay isn't enough to cover all the transport expenses.
Pros
Great people to work with, great managers, great benefits
Cons
Not paid enough, long shifts
Only short period or will drive you crazy
Avoid, Avoid, AVOID.
The worst place to work, no break while you are doing 14 hours shift, paying for walkouts, managment can only yell and never appreciate. No one cares about you, never look after you and if any customer will complain always it will be your fault. Managers don't stand behind their staff, they just make us look like fools. After a year in company I hate every hour and can't wait to find different job.
Pros
Nothing, unless 33% discount is enough for you to be happy to be a slave
Cons
Long hours, no break, don't get paid for overtime, you are always the problem of any problem in restaurant
Fun workplace
Working here was pretty good. the staff were lovely and friendly, the atmosphere was nice. management is alright. I've improved on my people skills since working there.
Pros
Half price food when working
Cons
Okay hours
Massive thumbs down to this company, they literally work you like a slave for little money. you are expected to do a lot more than your job title for these people and they don't like you taking a break when your entitled to one.
Very flexible
Allowed me to work when coming home from university, Fun and friendly workplace and environment. Shifts were flexible and could be covered by other members of the team.
Pros
Free bread rolls and salad
Fun work place
It’s a lovely place to be working at and very lovely team. All the staff welcome all the guest. We have events at our pub for our community to enjoy especially the children.
Pros
Half price on food when you work
Cons
Short hours
This was a fast pace company that required constant hard work. The people at the job were very friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job was working hard constantly to provide good service.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and busy
Very busy but always things to do,
I've learnt to work quickly but professionally

I enjoyed working in a team, with

Easy to keep busy,

I enjoyed working most when its busy.

Putting a smile on customers faces
Pros
too busy sometimes
Cons
Always something to do when its busy
Nice working environment
Working for a big company sometimes can be difficult but this company is a nice and relaxing company and I enjoy my work and people who work with me. I
Pros
50% off on lunch
Cons
Fun workplace, friendly environment.
I enjoyed working for Mitchell’s and Butlers. As the place I worked for changed hands I was able to see really what the difference between well organised management and really poor management was. Mitchell’s and Butlers were a great company to work under and I would happily do so again in future.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not overly flexible around the individual
High energy workforce
Very much enjoyed my time with Michel and butlers. Always felt they were supportive and flexible. Occasionally understaffed but competent team always very helpful
Poor management, average job
Given long hours, very unflexible with days/hours worked. Weak team, reflected by management. Got to keep tips and acceptable pay. Active job, working on bar and restaurant kept it interesting
Pros
Not a hard job
Cons
Long hours, heavy politics between management and team members
Student Job
i learnt a lot on how to deal with customers in difficult situations as a waitress and also how to manage my time well. the only issue was because of your age the management took advantage of you and the hours you worked.
Pros
valuable life lessons with customer service
Cons
working hours
Nice place to work
Responsibilities include managing my own section, handling money, working within a large, diverse team, and training new recruits.

Have to work shifts that cover a range of times during the week.
productive and busy workplace
I really enjoyed working for a branch like this. it was a very tight nit family environment and everyone looked out for each other. I gained really good experience and grew my confidence from being interactive with so many different people. it was very professional and taught me a lot of things.
Strive to give good service
Mitchell’s and butler have been a great company to work for. Always being flexible and accommodating family commitments with work needs. Working with you and supporting your role.
Pros
Discounted food. Even off shift
Cons
Used to be a good place to work.
Used to be a really good family place to work, very bad manager and everyone is leaving, it’s lost good family values that it was when I started. When we were like a happy family, it’s a family pub that’s what I miss, everyone helping each other, no nasty people there. Not a single thank you ever in the last year since new manager started, doesn’t care about anyone.
Pros
Discounts on food and drinks at all M&Bs aswell.
Cons
Bad pay
Fun workplace
An enjoyable workplace yet it lacks effective leadership and there are limitations on advancement in the workplace. It is a satisfactory place to work for the short-term, however, there is a high turn over of staff which leads to a less cohesive team environment.
Pros
Vibrant working team
Cons
Little appreciation from management