Mitchells & Butlers Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey10 October 2019
This company bleats on about the Toby way, but at no time did the management exhibit any of the values that were attractive about the company in the first instance. I am appalled at the management style at one branch. The EHO closed them down for a day as lack of staff meant kitchen was not cleaned - this was my 2nd day there. We got told, after a 12+ hour day that we had to stay andand
Excellent!
Guest Care Representative / OpenTable Bookings Agent (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 October 2019
Brill place to work and there is very much a family atmosphere.

There are opportunities to add more to your role and your suggestions are always taken on board and listened to.
Could do better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Head office7 October 2019
The company lacks focus or a coherent strategy. For a company so reliant on technology it lacks some of the basics to do your job well.

The working culture is mixed. At a level of office worker and bar/restaurant staff it is fine and everyone helps each other. As you progress up the ladder the politics and insecurity is astounding and a blame culture very much in evidence.
Pros
Good staff discount, managers are sympathetic to need for flexible working
Cons
Senior Management attitudes, lack of strategy or vision
Great pub
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Maidstone4 October 2019
Fun relaxed working atmosphere and a fun team to work with. Loads of hands on experience learning new cooking methods and working with new fresher ingredients
Examine everything
Waitress (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London4 October 2019
Been working in the pub for 2 months now and all i can say is that they don't pay people enough so most of us still lives with their parents or has a second job. London is so expensive and not everyone has the possibility to live close to their job and the pay isn't enough to cover all the transport expenses.
Pros
Great people to work with, great managers, great benefits
Cons
Not paid enough, long shifts
Love Every Moment!!
Maintenance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Birmingham3 October 2019
I work at the Mitchell's and Butlers Head Office in Birmingham. Started out in one of the front line businesses and progressed to the Head Office. Its a great place to work, they really really care about all of their staff well being, and we put the guest at the heart of everything we do. Employee perks are great, Social event every four weeks, complimentary bar, pick a perk discount, and great career progression if you want it.
Good Hospitality Job
TEAM MEMBER | THE WHITE LION (Current Employee) –  Hampshire2 October 2019
With good management it’s an excellent company to work for, depends a lot on location and brand and the immediate management team and colleagues you work with.
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire30 September 2019
I really enjoy working here, there's a good discount scheme. All the management are friendly and welcoming and congratulate you when you do something good
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Working Christmas
Quick good quality food service
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Solihull28 September 2019
Mitchell’s and butlers is a very good place to go for different things, such as food&drinks, live sports, live entertainment and much more. I currently work in the kitchen but have had experience on the bar.
A wonderful company to work for.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2019
All good but the branch that I worked at there were no opportunities to progress and work my way up to where I wanted to be so I left.

Staff were friendly but I had issues within the workplace with one particular member of staff.

But other than that I enjoyed working there.
Loyalty don’t get you anywhere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kent26 September 2019
I worked for this company for 4 years the first couple of years were ok. Then the place started to go downhill, service, work balance always left on your own. No one cared about it, constant staff sickness and top it off a bully that seems to get away with everything. They bullied me out of the business and several other people but to make matters worse the company brushed it under the carpet. Never would ever work for this company again biggest mistake. It’s runs by amateurs and bullies.
Pros
33 percent discount
Cons
Long hours, rude customers, tired staff, and lazy supervisors
Nice company
Kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk25 September 2019
Good team work , very fast pace, have to enjoy working with public. 4 weeks holiday a year. 33% discount in food 50% while on shift . Take pride in food . Always friendly. Good training.
good progression opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Caerdydd, Cardiff24 September 2019
Generally a good company to work for. Good opportunities all around the UK if you want to transfer elsewhere. If you have a good area manager they are usually supportive.
Good company
Kitchen Porter/AssistantKitchen porter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool23 September 2019
If you don’t want to work of a night time forget it. Wage is min no extra for bank holidays you will work hard for little praise 33 percent off. Food
Pros
Can be good as you make ot
Cons
Wage could be bett for the work you have to do
Brilliant Company to be apart of
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2019
I have been here since I was 19, moved to different sites and experienced great times. Professionally I have improved and grown throughout the years which has helped me personally too. So many great opportunities and people here
non
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Luton19 September 2019
Hard work yet rewarding. could become challenging with rude and abrupt customers however always different each shift you was on and the atmosphere was chilled.
Good
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Streetly17 September 2019
Good company to work within. I have worked for the company for many years and have developed up the ladder to become a well thought of General Manager.
Busy and flexible place to work
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa9 September 2019
Day starts with a coffee and a little chat about whats on today. Then the busy lunch starts for about 2 hours or so and after that daily cleaning tasks. Prepping the bar for an evening shift.
Not bad company just management shocking
Bar/Waitress Staff (Former Employee) –  Gloucester29 August 2019
Mitchell and butlers not bad at all sadly just the establishment I was in was less than adequately managed by the pub owner , good company benefits and training given
fast paced customer service environment
Front of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hayling Island, Hampshire27 August 2019
Having recently started with Mitchells & Butlers, I was interested within the hospitality industry. I have completed many additional courses applicable to the role, but I feel at this time I need to be looking at slightly better opportunities of which I have now gained further qualifications to do so, the experience has also assisted in dealing with customers in high volumes on a daily basis and dealing with any questions that may arise. I have enjoyed the role but I am looking at broadening my experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitchells & Butlers. Our community is ready to answer.