Mitchells & Butlers Employee Reviews

Not so fun at the top
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex12 July 2018
As an AM for M&B all was good. I was due a nice bonus and was also due a bonus for bringing in 3 managers. But we had a audit and i got suspended for somthing thst happened in the business before i got there!!! I lost my bonus and lost my bonus for brining in 3 managers. All the top cats want you to work every hr possible and gice you very little help!
Pros
Work with good people
Cons
No help from corprate. No staff hrs... have to oay for food whilst doing the regular 12/14 hr shift
Fun workplace
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mitchell’s and butlers10 July 2018
A typical day at work would be rushing on the floor to collect glasses. Upholding the cleanliness and good customer service to around 20+ Table while helping serve drinks at the bar if necessary.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Staff shortage
Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 July 2018
Very good company to work for. Good training programs to help you for fill your job role. They teach you how to plan events promote events and look at the what you could do different.
Pros
staff discount
Excellent hospitality introduction
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea1 July 2018
If ever looking to get into the hospitality sector Mitchells & Butlers is an exemplary workplace.

The typical day would consist of cleaning the bar and serving customers throughout the shift. Learned many things working within the Mitchells & Butlers restaurants, they are incredibly informative and train you properly.

Management were disappointing as there were no clear instruction on who was the manager of the day as no one would step forward to deal with issues if any arose. Many employees felt as if they were not secure when working under these managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the workplace culture as everyone got along with one another and made shifts enjoyable and memorable.
Pros
Shifts, Staff
Appreciated and acknowledged
Chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 June 2018
This company know how to treat their staff and the managers on shift are always praising staff for their hard work and the time they have dedicated to making the shift run as smooth as possible. The teams are always really close and support one another in everything we do which makes you want to get up and go to work.
Pros
Discount
The Bull romford was a fun place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Essex22 June 2018
The staff that I worked with was a fun and bubbly group.
Management was who i had trouble with
They would talk down to me and treated me as a child.
Company as a whole is ok to work for.
Rude, unfriendly company
Chef (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 June 2018
Other staff are rude they say there are progression opportunities but they never arrive. Management are shockingly bad at keeping things in order overall I wouldn't work here
Pros
33% discount
Cons
Everything else
Bar team member (Former Employee) –  London31 May 2018
Changing of management is not good for the staff. Some benefits are good we get 33% of any Mitchell and Butler brands. The location is beautiful where I work.
Pros
No 50% of staff lunches
Cons
Yes long hrs sometimes 12 hrs with no breaksho
Fun workplace, great management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Battlesbridge, Essex29 May 2018
The work place was fun, all the employees were hard working and all determined. The work pace was fast but not overwhelming, always had shifts offered ontop of my hours that I had been given in case I wanted more and always had the option to drop some hours if I needed to also.
Pros
Always offered work, Reasonable pay, Fun team to work with
Cons
Sometimes the shifts were long hours or they were very late finishes
alright but abit of pain
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Bridlington28 May 2018
its alright to work for but the head office are difficult and dont make it easy for management or staff as they expect a member of staff to have about 80 arms
Toby carvery (Current Employee) –  Liverpool28 May 2018
Mitchell and butlers is a great compony it is a really friendly company that made me welcome the minute i got there. I learned some great qaulities there that i will keep with me forever.
Pros
Free dinner
Fun, hard work, rewarding
Chef (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth21 May 2018
My time and mitchells and butler was very rewarding, I made some great friends and really challenged myself to go further, they're a passionate company with lots to offer.
Friendly environment
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Redditch17 May 2018
It’s great working in a close team, each person contributes to the company individually. The managers care about their staff and value their input. We support eachother, providing a friendly environment for our guests.
Pros
33% discount
Cons
Working late
Busy and Interesting
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 May 2018
The company is generous with their benefits and employee discount. The team I worked with were, for the most part, efficient and fun. However, the company is also very savvy with their stock and targets; some of the things done to achieve said targets I did not agree with.
Enjoyable and pleasant place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Poynton19 April 2018
Great company to work for. Very happy and driven workforce with the right mentality and abilities. Sometimes stressful during busy periods such as holiday seasons.
Excellent flexibility
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea12 April 2018
Excellent place to work. It is a very social job with a tight knit workforce. You can get very flexible hours to suit your needs. Opportunities to advance.
Pros
Flexibility. Social
Cons
A good workplace with discounts available.
Bar Staff/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Worcester Park, Greater London11 April 2018
Each day is different at the Toby Carvery as the customers make the day interesting. You will be making drinks and serving tables, ensuring the customers' satisfaction is at a high.
fun environment, not enough work and people ethique
Chef (Former Employee) –  Christleton, Cheshire4 April 2018
a 9 hour shift full with ups and downs, busy country pub
I've learned a lot from my head chef regarding cooking and presenting
Management wasn't verry suportive
Most of my collegues didn't have the required working ethique
Busy yet Fun
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Parbold, Lancashire3 April 2018
Great place to work, I love meeting new people and seeing new faces everyday.
The people that I work along side are great everybody gets along fine and support is great too.
Food is terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke30 March 2018
Money is good but you will not have time to spend it, as you're expected to work every weekend and every Friday night!

Work to home balance is non existent.

Don't ask for compassionate leave for even for the worst case family emergency situation, as you wont get it, not even given the chance to talk it through or explain. Was given an ultimatum, "be at work or don't bother coming back!"

Training is good, but executing it is another matter. You never get a chance to actually manage the restaurant/pub. You will always be a staff member down...so roll up your sleeves you're an over paid waiter at the end of the day!!
Pros
cheap food, money
Cons
long hour work/home balance