Mishcon de Reya Employee Reviews

was not there very long but not happy there
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 December 2018
i would not be able to say much as my stay was short. I did a lot menial duties & was not treated as a member of the team. I never had any input and did not get any feedback about my performance
Good Job
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holborn, Greater London20 November 2017
Part time Job: 10.00-15.00
Preparing and serving food and beverages in meeting rooms and at functions
Setting up and clearing meeting rooms to hight standard
Ensuring that a first class service is provided to all customers
Pros
Free coffe, tea, drinks.
Fun workplace, good team.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 October 2015
Nice culture. Nice team. Good manager.

Wish the firm would have looked internally to promote.

Salary industry standard for similar-size firm. Role was pretty 9.30-5.30.
Pros
Nice firm.
Cons
Quirky HR department that are obsessed with formality which doesn't fit in with the firm at all.
A good place to work
Archivist (Former Employee) –  Holborn20 July 2015
I was with Mishcon De Reya for some time and have never regretted working there, was a good place to work with helpful staff and management, i would recommend working for them.
Pros
good Working environment, fair pay and very good benifits
Hard working and varied workplace
Credit Control - Credit Management Team (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 November 2014
A typical day would vary which was what I liked. There was always much to do and much to learn. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and working as a team and have a giggle from time to time. It was equally enjoyable to "zone out" and get stuck into work.
I learned about the nature of each legal department, such as Employment, Family, Private, Matrimonial, Real Estate, Litigation, Tradesmark and more. Each department had a different approach which enabled me to gain knowledge regarding the approaches with clients as well as the billing or chasing methods. I worked closely with the billing team to find our more about their processes and how I could work together with them to set accurate follow up dates on bills.
The hardest part of the job is ensuring there aren't any conflicts and handling clients who are going through legal proceeding which can be distressing but finding a way to work together to ease the client as well as increase cash collections for the firm. Tough but fair negotiations.
Pros
Learning so much in a relatively short period of time, MACP certificate, Met some really great people, Great location and support the firms direction
Cons
Uneasy clients, some long hours, tense moments where pressure is high
good
handy man (Former Employee) –  london holborn2 March 2013
one of the best good hours not very hard very good people i love it there it was so nice and friendly place but i was oly covering for some one so i had to leave some time
Pros
free lunches