Mishcon de Reya

Mishcon de Reya Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Work days vary a lot, some days can be very long and intense, but there is a good work environment and people generally have a good life/ work balance.
MdR is the best law firm I have worked for. I could not recommend it enough. If it wasn't for Covid19 I would have never left the firm. Amazing team and most people with ethos, friendliness and professionalism.
Day to day is varied depending on case to case. You need to be proactive and be able to use your initiative. There is supervision from partners or fee earners. They have a good on site training facilities for any new programmes. Its a fun place to work with lots of team activities, nights out. They have a fantastic on site restaurant offering everything from breakfast, lunch and snacks. All healthy options too
I loved it at Mishcon! Lovely Staff and excellent opportunities to learn new skills and gain experience in other departments.

Welcoming atmosphere and great work/life balance!
Amazing company, full of future prospects and a wonderful company to be part of. The company believes highly in up skilling all of its work force to the highest degree, and being very customer focused.
i would not be able to say much as my stay was short. I did a lot menial duties & was not treated as a member of the team. I never had any input and did not get any feedback about my performance
Part time Job: 10.00-15.00
Preparing and serving food and beverages in meeting rooms and at functions

Setting up and clearing meeting rooms to hight standard

Ensuring that a first class service is provided to all customers
Pros
Free coffe, tea, drinks.
Nice culture. Nice team. Good manager.

Wish the firm would have looked internally to promote.

Salary industry standard for similar-size firm. Role was pretty 9.30-5.30.
Pros
Nice firm.
Cons
Quirky HR department that are obsessed with formality which doesn't fit in with the firm at all.
I was with Mishcon De Reya for some time and have never regretted working there, was a good place to work with helpful staff and management, i would recommend working for them.
Pros
good Working environment, fair pay and very good benifits
A typical day would vary which was what I liked. There was always much to do and much to learn. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and working as a team and have a giggle from time to time. It was equally enjoyable to "zone out" and get stuck into work.
I learned about the nature of each legal department, such as Employment, Family, Private, Matrimonial, Real Estate, Litigation, Tradesmark and more. Each department had a different approach which enabled me to gain knowledge regarding the approaches with clients as well as the billing or chasing methods. I worked closely with the billing team to find our more about their processes and how I could work together with them to set accurate follow up dates on bills.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring there aren't any conflicts and handling clients who are going through legal proceeding which can be distressing but finding a way to work together to ease the client as well as increase cash collections for the firm. Tough but fair negotiations.
Pros
Learning so much in a relatively short period of time, MACP certificate, Met some really great people, Great location and support the firms direction
Cons
Uneasy clients, some long hours, tense moments where pressure is high
one of the best good hours not very hard very good people i love it there it was so nice and friendly place but i was oly covering for some one so i had to leave some time
Pros
free lunches