mirus Wales

mirus Wales Employee Reviews

Featured review
mirus Wales selected this as a representative review
I have worked for this company for 20 years originally as a support worker then as a manager. I have worked in various areas of the company supporting different people. The support worker job is varied and exciting fast paced and people who work here make a real difference to people's lives. There is a structured training programme and registration process . Great place to work.
Pros
Good training programme
6 October 2020
Hi! Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with us and we appreciate your 20 years service at mirus!
Not a good company to work for. Young unprofessional management. Errors and safeguarding issues covered up. Clients needs are not as important as staff needs. I would not want a family member cared for by this company. HR and payroll make major errors and then bully employees for them. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Fantastic underapprieciated clients
Cons
Management HR Payroll
16 November 2020
Hello - We have acknowledged your review and are disappointed that you feel this way. If you would like to discuss any of these points further please contact the HR Manager (JamieM@mirus-wales.org.uk).
There is no such thing as working a typical day in Mirus, because of the nature of the work every day varies. Being a support worker when you first start can be quite daunting if like myself you have had no previous work experience in the healthcare sector. Mirus fully supported me as a new starter by giving me a thorough induction into the houses I work in and put me on as many shadow shifts as I wanted/needed until I felt completely comfortable. I am incredibly lucky with management as both my team manager and assistant manager have supported me through all my training and been highly understanding regarding needed time off short notice for any personal life problems. I receive regular supervisions where I am given the encouragement and motivation I need to ensure I remain positive in those challenging times as a support worker.Like any job that deals with people it can be quite challenging. Service users may refuse support, not take a liking to you or display challenging behaviour. Mirus have an excellent staff training department which ensures that you are equipped with the knowledge needed to tackle those difficult days. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting people into the community so they have the best quality of like possible.
Pros
Good pay, Supported, Good training
Cons
Long hours, stressful
16 November 2020
Hi - We really enjoyed reading this review. Thank you for all your hard work. It’s so important that we have people working for us who enjoy what they do and want to make a real and positive difference to the lives of the people we support.
I have worked for Mirus for approxamelty 18 months and cannot recommend them enough as an employer. I feel valued by the company and appreciated for the work I do. I find the company to be person centered in their approach as a whole and extremely positive. As a Manager I have opinions and ideas which are listened to and implemented. I feel that I am well supported by the company and feel I am supported to develop within my role and I have been provided the necessary training to undertake the role. The workplace culture is something I have never experienced before... it is full of positivity, openness and empowering. If you have a passion to support people to achieve their goals and live a happy, meaningful, successful life, I would highly recommend joining Mirus.
16 November 2020
Hi - Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate the hard work that is put in by all members of staff and look forward to continuing to work with you.
Worst job I have ever had!! No support from senior staff. Constantly asked to come in cover shifts on days off!! No support from management, def no support from hr!! A joke of a company how they have not been shut down is beyond me!! Avoid and report!!!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
No life
16 November 2020
Hello. We are concerned to hear that you did not feel supported. We take these comments seriously so if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact HR at HRCardiff@mirus-wales.org.uk
I worked for Mirus for two years, I felt supported throughout by my team and manager. I was offered opportunities to progress in my role and felt appreciated. Its such a rewarding job and I truly do feel as I've made a difference working here and its helped me grow as a person also. I will miss working for Mirus alot!
Pros
Supportive team, Rewarding job
Cons
Short staffed
6 October 2020
Hello, we appreciate your lovely comments and we are sure your team will miss you too! Thank you for your review.
I have been working for Mirus for over 6 years and I really love my job! Mirus is a lovely place to work, the people I support are absolutely fantastic and the staff I work with are friendly, helpful and hard working. The job is very rewarding and you have opportunities to better your career. Management is supportive and always there when you need them. Mirus also provides a Retail discounts scheme and an Employee Wellbeing Scheme witch you can use whenever you need to. The pay could be better but that’s a problem for any job in Social Care!
Pros
People we support, Supportive environment & Person centred aproach.
6 October 2020
Hi,We really enjoyed reading this review and appreciate the work you do.It’s so important that we have people working for us who enjoy what they do and want to make a real and positive difference to the lives of the people we support. Thank you for your review.
Great place to work . Very nice people friendly and supportive . Love the set up . Worth coming to work with people we support . Good training . Supportive teams .
Pros
Supportive work style
6 October 2020
Hello,We are pleased to hear that you have a supportive team. Your hard work is appreciated and we look forward to continuing to work with you.
no matter how hard you work you get no communication or aappreciation from above i.e managment. All they care about is covering shifts and seem that its only staff care, and quilted into working long hours.
6 October 2020
Hello,It is a shame that you feel this way. We take your feedback on board and hope that as a current employee, you voice your concerns to a manager or HR.
Messed me around from the start. Offered a position prior to Covid-19. Prided themselves on providing a DBS check free of charge then delayed the application in order to process this under the Covid-19 scheme despite employment being offered prior. No support. Lack of communication. Avoid at all costs.
6 October 2020
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you feel that there was a lack of communication. We can assure you that no applications were/are delayed and we try our best to ensure recruitment checks are completed as quickly as possible.We wish you every success going forward.
If you do anything with your life, do not work for this company. They only value you until you can't do them a favour, by the way none of which will be returned. They will continue to make your life at work impossible, they will phone you on your days off with pointless phone calls regarding giving up information to get others in trouble. They will happily let you do a 24hour shift then beg you do stay on to do late shift. If you don't you'll be victimised. This is how this company operates, with threats and back stabbing. Please avoid.
6 October 2020
Hi,We are sorry to hear this. We work hard to ensure that employees are happy and valued. As a current employee, we encourage you to speak to your manager or HR about this.
The induction and training is good. General daily working is very rewarding. No work/life balance with shift patterns. Staff just trying to do their best! Some managers are very supportive, but most are too stressed to actually do anything to make things better for the staff, or the people we support. Senior managers don't do anything about the issues raised. The top don't care about those on the shop floor.
Pros
Fellow staff are trying to be positive and work for same aim to enhance the lives that we work for.
Cons
Unsupportive managers, even more unrealistic senior managers.
6 October 2020
Hi,We are glad to hear that you find your work rewarding and that you have been given good training.We want all our employees to feel valued and supported, it is a shame that you have not had this experience with us.We wish you every success going forward.
Only perk with this job is that the service users or clients are mostly great characters and a joy to work with. But, horrible management, blame culture, constant criticism, managers make mistakes and get away with it but don't you dare make a single mistake or you will be hung out to dry. False promises, you need your tongue firmly up a managers you know what to get anything you require.
Pros
Seriously none. No career advancement, no support
Cons
Managers, bar a few good ones, but most cover for each other and bully staff
6 October 2020
HiWe are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with the people we support.Feedback is very important to us and as a current employee I'd urge you to speak to either your manager or HR about the issues raised in this review.
they are management and meeting heavy with little productivity understaffed and under supported. take on to much too quickly and change to slowly.was a difficult working environment
6 October 2020
Hello,Thank you for your honest feedback. We take your comments seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve.
Awful company to work for. Managers are bullies and have their favourites, worst care company I have ever worked for. Managers are bullies, gossips and back stabbers! Stay away with caution !!
6 October 2020
HelloWe take allegations of bullying seriously, if this is something you would like to discuss further please email the HR Manager at JamieM@mirus-wales.org.ukWe wish you all the best in the future.
People seem to say the same things over and over with little activity to improve how people feel which is a shame as the people supported are amazing and they can loose good staff who feel unsatisfied in their role. There are some specific staff in some departments who go the extra mile but in the main managers seem stretched /stressed
6 October 2020
HiWe appreciate your honest feedback. As a currently employee, I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR about these concerns.We have an Employee Assistance Programme that is free to use for all of our employees and further information about this can be found on the Wall or given by a member of HR.Thank you for your review.
Excellent company to work for with excellent Benifits great management team always at hand anytime there is a problem, would recommend the company to any one
Pros
Good support
6 October 2020
HiThank you for taking the time to write this review and for your time spent at mirus.
Some management can be unfair in hours and work allocation, either fit in or not, big turnover of staff. Difficult booking holidays sometimes they choose when you take annual leave because no cover
Pros
Sleep in payments gone up
Cons
cant always get enough hours or sleep ins
Good training and induction programme and opportunities to do a qualification. I support people with their daily routines which include going to classes and social activities also. Person centred organisation that make a real impact on people’s lives. I hear stories where people achieve new thing all the time and it’s nice to be a part of that
Pros
Lovely teams
Cons
Unsociable hours but to be expected in this field
No two days are the same . It’s great to be part of a team that makes a positive impact on someone’s life helping them to achieve their goals and become more independent . Management are supportive and helpful . Great events where people we support have a voice and say what they want for the next year.
Pros
Great management team . Rewards scheme. good training
Cons
Can be long hours
The management at this company is the worst I have ever come across. They don’t care about staff or their work life balance all they care about is if the shifts are covered no matter how long they are. As a member of staff I feel under appreciated and that is why I am leaving.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Everything as they don’t listen.
11 October 2018
Hello - At mirus we do take staff feedback really seriously and are always interested in learning about the experiences of our staff. I understand you are due to leave us, would you therefore be interested in contacting me directly at JamieM@mirus-wales.org.uk to share your journey with myself in more depth.Naturally we will not get it right with everyone, but your feedback will assist within our future development. If I do not hear back from you, I really do wish you every success. All the best Jamie
  1. Employee reviews