mirus Wales

mirus Wales Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
Featured review
mirus Wales selected this as a representative review
I have worked for this company for 20 years originally as a support worker then as a manager. I have worked in various areas of the company supporting different people. The support worker job is varied and exciting fast paced and people who work here make a real difference to people's lives. There is a structured training programme and registration process . Great place to work.
Pros
Good training programme
I heard from a assistant manager that managers have forced them to write postive reviews as if it's from their staff.
Do not fall for these 5 star reviews. They are a hoax.

This company is awful. they are corrupt and can't admit fault, they will often blame staff for their mistakes and pull them for minor things and blown it massively out of proportion.

Avoid.
Pros
Cons
This box ain't box enough for that
4 August 2020
I am very sorry to learn that you truly believe this. I am quite understanding to the notion that not everyone that leaves our employment feels they personally have had the experience they wanted. mirus does strive hard to be the best they can, but that is an organic process and relies heavily on the calibre of the people they too employ and the time to build learning reflection in to processes. Therefore, if you would like to email me directly at JamieM@mirus-wales.org.uk, then I will be only too happy to reach out to you and discuss whatever it is that appears to be bothering you. Have a good day, Jamie (Human Resources Manager)
I have been working for Mirus for over 6 years and I really love my job!

Mirus is a lovely place to work, the people I support are absolutely fantastic and the staff I work with are friendly, helpful and hard working.

The job is very rewarding and you have opportunities to better your career. Management is supportive and always there when you need them.

Mirus also provides a Retail discounts scheme and an Employee Wellbeing Scheme witch you can use whenever you need to.

The pay could be better but that’s a problem for any job in Social Care!
Pros
People we support, Supportive environment & Person centred aproach.
Cons
Great place to work . Very nice people friendly and supportive . Love the set up . Worth coming to work with people we support . Good training . Supportive teams .
Pros
Supportive work style
Cons
no matter how hard you work you get no communication or aappreciation from above i.e managment. All they care about is covering shifts and seem that its only staff care, and quilted into working long hours.
Messed me around from the start.
Offered a position prior to Covid-19. Prided themselves on providing a DBS check free of charge then delayed the application in order to process this under the Covid-19 scheme despite employment being offered prior.

No support. Lack of communication. Avoid at all costs.
If you do anything with your life, do not work for this company.
They only value you until you can't do them a favour, by the way none of which will be returned.

They will continue to make your life at work impossible, they will phone you on your days off with pointless phone calls regarding giving up information to get others in trouble.

They will happily let you do a 24hour shift then beg you do stay on to do late shift. If you don't you'll be victimised. This is how this company operates, with threats and back stabbing.

Please avoid.
The induction and training is good. General daily working is very rewarding. No work/life balance with shift patterns. Staff just trying to do their best! Some managers are very supportive, but most are too stressed to actually do anything to make things better for the staff, or the people we support. Senior managers don't do anything about the issues raised. The top don't care about those on the shop floor.
Pros
Fellow staff are trying to be positive and work for same aim to enhance the lives that we work for.
Cons
Unsupportive managers, even more unrealistic senior managers.
Only perk with this job is that the service users or clients are mostly great characters and a joy to work with.
But, horrible management, blame culture, constant criticism, managers make mistakes and get away with it but don't you dare make a single mistake or you will be hung out to dry. False promises, you need your tongue firmly up a managers you know what to get anything you require.
Pros
Seriously none. No career advancement, no support
Cons
Managers, bar a few good ones, but most cover for each other and bully staff
they are management and meeting heavy with little productivity understaffed and under supported. take on to much too quickly and change to slowly.was a difficult working environment
Awful company to work for. Managers are bullies and have their favourites, worst care company I have ever worked for. Managers are bullies, gossips and back stabbers! Stay away with caution !!
People seem to say the same things over and over with little activity to improve how people feel which is a shame as the people supported are amazing and they can loose good staff who feel unsatisfied in their role.
There are some specific staff in some departments who go the extra mile but in the main managers seem stretched /stressed
Excellent company to work for with excellent Benifits great management team always at hand anytime there is a problem, would recommend the company to any one
Pros
Good support
Cons
Some management can be unfair in hours and work allocation, either fit in or not, big turnover of staff. Difficult booking holidays sometimes they choose when you take annual leave because no cover
Pros
Sleep in payments gone up
Cons
cant always get enough hours or sleep ins
Good training and induction programme and opportunities to do a qualification. I support people with their daily routines which include going to classes and social activities also.
Person centred organisation that make a real impact on people’s lives. I hear stories where people achieve new thing all the time and it’s nice to be a part of that
Pros
Lovely teams
Cons
Unsociable hours but to be expected in this field
No two days are the same . It’s great to be part of a team that makes a positive impact on someone’s life helping them to achieve their goals and become more independent .
Management are supportive and helpful .

Great events where people we support have a voice and say what they want for the next year.
Pros
Great management team . Rewards scheme. good training
Cons
Can be long hours
The management at this company is the worst I have ever come across. They don’t care about staff or their work life balance all they care about is if the shifts are covered no matter how long they are. As a member of staff I feel under appreciated and that is why I am leaving.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Everything as they don’t listen.
11 October 2018
Hello - At mirus we do take staff feedback really seriously and are always interested in learning about the experiences of our staff.

I understand you are due to leave us, would you therefore be interested in contacting me directly at JamieM@mirus-wales.org.uk to share your journey with myself in more depth.

Naturally we will not get it right with everyone, but your feedback will assist within our future development.

If I do not hear back from you, I really do wish you every success. All the best Jamie
When I secured a job with this company I found myself just chucked into the deep end with no support. The training is good but there is no work life balance as I am expected to work well over my hours on low pay. The manager is on the sick as are many of the other support workers in the house I work in.

I took one client away on their holidays for 7 days and received very little pay for this; I have a friend who works for another company in Cardiff and all staff are paid for every hour they work when away on client hols! Staff working for this company also have a bonus at Christmas time too.

There is an unhealthy culture of controlling staff from the senior management and were told that the board of trustees will not listen to any staff concerns or complaints.

This was the most depressing job I have ever had and I am currently waiting to start with another company in Cardiff.

The only upside to this company is that many employees like me DO genuinely care about the clients.
Pros
some staff really care about the clients
Cons
too many long hours with little support
11 October 2018
Hello - I can see that you have left mirus employment.

It was a shame to hear of your experience and I want to highlight that we work hard at getting it right with staff teams. Sometimes unfortunately we realise that this will not always go to plan depending on environmental factors we have little to no control over that may have an influence over situations at the time.

If you are keen to share your experiences with me I do welcome hearing back from you at JamieM@mirus-wales.org.uk

All the best Jamie
I started work at mirus in 2015 as a support worker and left 2017 as I was moving away and mirus didn't have houses where I was moving too or I would still be with them I absolutely loved my time with mirus fabulous management who were a constant support I progressed to assistant manager and stood in as manager when required the service users where amazing and I will always miss them dearly I can't recommend mirus highly enough having worked in the care sector for 13 years mirus is by far the best
Pros
Supportive excellent ethos fabulous people they support
Cons
Poorly paid as is everyone in care sector
7 August 2018
Thank you for your very rounded feedback. If your circumstances ever change and you find yourself moving to the area, please get in touch with us.

All the best, Jamie (HR Manager)
caring and assistant clients with disabilities and their needs.
learnt how to care and support people from all walks of life.

management were very fair and reasonable to work beside.

culture in the workplace was very calm at times but could also be challenging.

hardest part was the long hours being away from family and small baby.

very enjoyable job, getting praised from service users helping them achieve tasks and goals and we could do many fun activities indoors or outdoors such as swimming, bowling, cinema etc.
Pros
very good job
Cons
Great job supporting people with disabilities to learn skills maintain their home and become part of their community . If your motivated you can get a lot of job satisfaction in return.
Pros
Good training friendly relaxed interview process opportunity for overtime if wanted