Minuteman Press Employee Reviews

Poor pay & little appreciation
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole2 October 2018
Work could be enjoyable, but pay poor, barely above minimum wage. Colleagues were great, boss could be ok sometimes but prone to tantrums and rudeness hence why I left.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Poor pay, control freak boss
Creative and exciting workplace
Digital Print & Marketing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 July 2018
- Creating print ready artwork for production
- Visiting existing/potential clients
- Learned the basics of the Adobe creative cloud
- Friendly staff
- Enjoyed being part of a creative business
Fun and unique
general office work (Former Employee) –  Croydon15 July 2017
Great place to work, staff is fun and friendly and willing to help and guide you with whatever path you wish to take. Time is flexible and communal sense was strong, overall a really enjoyable working environment.
Productive fast paced environment
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham9 July 2017
I have worked for a Minuteman Press for over a year and my opinion is split. The franchise itself is internationally renown for its customer service, however, since I joined a relatively new store my experience ended up to be vastly different from what I expected.
I quickly climbed to the top of management (possibly too quickly), even before my initial probation period was up. Thankfully with many UK stores, I could rely on more experienced owners and managers to guide me through until I was knowledgeable enough to operate independently.
I would recommend Working at Minuteman Press but only at well-established stores, every day is different and it certainly pushes its workers to think outside the box making it an enjoyable and satisfying workplace.
Pros
Great for experience
Cons
Poor equipment
Professional and well treated
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester20 June 2017
Typically go to work, print, finish and design within the day. Shown how to print and finish as well as simple design tips. The managers knew what they were doing and knew what you were doing but sometimes didn't treat employees in the correct way. The hardest part of the job was being left to do something but not shown how to do it, so working it out for yourself. I enjoyed designing the most in this job.
Operate daily business (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 February 2017
I was responsible for the operation of a Digital printing Franchise store. My duties involved; exceeding customer expectations, marketing and promotions, negotiation of procurement with suppliers, Social media, advertising online content on the appropriate platforms and ensuring excellent social media optimisation.
Interesting and varied
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Redditch22 September 2016
A typical day would include assisting in print finishing and dealing with telephone enquiries and very occasionally walk in customers. I learned to be efficient in my work as well as precise. The management and my co-workers were friendly and supportive and helped me to do my job as best I can by patiently showing me what to do. The hardest part was the sheer quantity of the work and finishing it all by the deadline. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers.
nice people who work there
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  edinburgh6 March 2016
its about printing and working with different people everyday, there where very nice to people who worked at the shop, but they make sure your never off your feet as i love
Pros
expenses paid
New Experience
Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar27 July 2015
Nice work environment
A really good place to learn more about printing and sales.
The company gives opportunities to everyone.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short hours
Great Team
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Poole30 June 2012
A typical day at work was extremely busy, serving clients in the shop and preparing copying jobs as per the clients specification. Answering the telephone and responding to quotes requests via emails
I learned to use some equipment that I hadn't used previously.
The manager was was quite immature which I found difficult, this was the hardest part of the job.
I enjoyed working here, the team were great and we supported each other in providing the best possible service to clients, this was the most enjoyable along with seeing the end product after lots of hard work.
Pros
fantastic team
Cons
manager is lacking people skills