Mint Staffing Solutions

Mint Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews for Bar Staff

the hours are very flexible as you work as little or as much as you are wanting to work. You choose when you work however, if you say you will work and then don't you get a strike, 3 strikes and you will be fired(this doesn't happen as they need so many people to work)
Worst company I have ever worked for (when you actually get to work and not have a cancelled shift). Constant cancellation, even cancelled on arrival which meant you travelled to the location and got sent home instantly. Pay was awful, didn’t get paid for breaks and never got propper breaks. Fire people for no reason, never reply to messages and only like staff who are friends of the company
Cons
It was an awful environment to work in. The management treated you like dirt, the pay was not good, the list goes on. I once worked a 16 hour shift and was only given a 15 minute break. 10000% not recommended!!
Pros
Non
Cons
All in all just don’t bother applying
This company did not pay me the correct amount they were suppose to. I was told to arrive for 4.15 however I got paid from 6 onwards. They also said I signed out at 11 which I didn’t and signed out at 1. Therefore I worked for 4 HOURS and didn’t get paid. I also had to ask for a break which was only twenty minutes long for a 9 hour shift.
Recently quit because I kept traveling to shifts that would get cancelled constantly. The most disorganized hospitality agency in the world that should be reported to trading standards.
Cons
Terrible company. The management don't care about you at all. Not allowed to leave campsite when not working. Work 14+ hours a day until close, around 4am (often involuntarily), then are asked to be up for 9am the next day. Talk down to you and refuse to listen - will push to assert their dominance until they're blue in the face. Took our passports off us when signing in, even though we'd already signed an employment agreement contract (sketchy). Meals not always available. Hardly any breaks (over a weekend, I had two 20-minute breaks). AVOID.
Pros
free hot drinks in morning (if u get there in time to grab one)
Cons
read above
They have absolutely no regard for their staff. Underpay staff, cancelled shifts last minute even after they made us pay for tickets to venues because they refuse to provide transportation. The festival team lie about providing food/ lunch because they don’t. They are heartless individuals, working for this agency costs definitely outweigh benefits. They have high staff turnover.
Pros
Non
Cons
It seems like they have work but 90% of them get canceled last minute anyway
Where do I even start, it's been a month since my last shift and I've still not been paid. Numerous phone calls to the office where people pass the blame, people putting the phone done on me because they dont know how to say "we can't pay you for such and such a reason" burying their heads in the sand, one day I rang up during the week and asked to speak to a manager or a supervisor, apparently no supervisor or manager was in until the Monday so God knows who was running it. Finally got an email back saying they lost the time sheets, other people have been paid but ive not so I dont understand that, if you do work for them be prepared to late late pay, ignored and told what to do by people who dont know what they're doing themselves. The festivals are a shambles expecting you to work 14hr straight shifts with a dry nutty pack and that's it, asking to go back to tour tent for more food is unacceptable apparently, you get spoken down to A LOT, they think everyone who works for are stupid and dont have any other jobs, seen on more than one occasion staff members laughing at employees, you get sworn at a bit. STAY AWAY from this company, nothing but trouble for the last month and they are not giving me an alternative route I can go down to fight about getting my money I'm owed, they dont care one bit
Pros
Cons
Untrianed staff member's, ignorance ...everything
Poor communication You can never get hold of any of the managers The wage is rubbish for the amount you do They dont care if you have health issues they will fire u and send u home without pay or transport Also unfair dismissals on regular people
Pros
Free lunch and transport to some events
Cons
Long hours rude staff in fair dismissals un secure job
Turned away with about 10 others as it was overstaffed. Didn't even ask my name, ID or have any intention of giving any training. Communication is diabolical, being told a million different times and places to meet.
Pros
nothing
Cons
rude, disorganised, bad communication
I haven't worked at Mint for that long but I already feel part of the family. Staff are always willing to help and do everything they can for you. Can't wait to work more events with Mint this festival season.
Pros
Lots of hours, chance to travel
Cons
I wish festival season ran longer!
I worked quite a few festivals with Mint last year and I am looking forward to doing it again this year! Great way to make money while I am still an uni. I get to choose when I work and balance it around my studies.
Pros
Plenty of hours, fun place to work
Every company where the staff is temporary is difficult to find commitment. I have been in hospitality 16 years and this is the worst I have ever seen. My first shift my team leader was 19 and it was her first shift in hospitality EVER she had no idea what she was doing. They will employ anyone. One guy said to me I came to work for Mint because no where else would employ me. I worked a shift at event city and people kept disappearing off the bar one guy went and took a 20min nap in the toilets while meant to be on shift. There was no one to manage this. I've heard people waiting weeks to be paid. Someone cancelled a shift 2 days prior and was threatened if he didn't do the shift he would be fired. He didn't do the shift and was taken off the books despite giving notice. They put people on bar that haven't got the any experience. I've seen members of staff having shots and Gin and tonics on shift helping themselves. I'm a hard worker and worked though my shift due to people disappearing and my break still got taken off me and to top it off my tips got stolen. Your not working with good people.
Cons
treated like slaves
I am always getting text and emails off them asking if I want to work even though I have a balanced job, I didn't like working for them as they were quite rude
They do not pay you Rude. Incompetent Unorganized They basically do not give a s--t about you But the main issue is they dont pay you for work done.
Cons
they promise you great hours and shifts. you go on site and all shifts cancelled or they don't pay you. i worked at Y not festival and boomtown with them. They cancelled my 12 hours shifts whole weekend for bad weather. and didn't even pay my legal 4 hour pay. Terrible company terrible management STAY AWAY Much better places to work for at festivals
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no organisation at all
Turned up and was thrown into the fray of the real ales tent which had 50 different ales each with a more silly name than the last and different prices. I was told to "go make us some money" in an enthusiastic facade. I was not given a break on the first day and during a 15 hour shift with a constant barrage of customers was only given one half an hour break. The pay was satisfactory and was able to log a large number of hours over the weekend of a festival.
Pros
make friends easily
Cons
So much waiting around it becomes very frustrating, as you only get paid when you actually begin work and as MINT always over staff the likely hood of you getting a shift is very minimal, and IF you do, the hours will either be short (or as I have heard overly long, for example, someone did a 16 hour shift and got 10 minutes break). I felt as though I was fighting against everyone else to get a shift, just to cover the expenses I had to paid to travel to the festival and the extra bits that I bought specifically for this event. I ended up doing 7 hours over 4 days. They paid me for 6.5, assuming I had been giving the break of half an hour. I honestly wouldn't do it to yourself. I know it seems like a fun idea of earning money, but the waiting around (in the cold and rain) is dehumanising and frustrating. Also, they pay minimum wage, for what is very tiring and non stop work.
Pros
Entry to the event
Cons
Waiting around
Waitressing at Events Different venues high-end hotels, weddings, conferences Hospitality Opportunities to develop leadership Unpredictable hours Great teams Minimum wage
Worthless company, was made to wait in queue for 3 hours without being given any information as to what is happening. After waiting for 3 hours they told us to go home. They would not refund me for my petrol so ended up losing £50 instead of making any money. When I email them about anything I never get a reply unless its anything that will help them. Disgrace of a company.
This disgracefully disrespectful company turned away around 50 of us who had waited for over hours outside for challenge 25 training, telling us that they had simply overbooked the shift. Luckily, I was not depending on the income from this job but others I spoke to had travelled a long way and were desperate for the work. The utter contempt and lack of human decency shown by Mint Staffing is certainly the worst I've seen from a company. Avoid them like the plague. Didn't even get the free lunch.