Minster Law Solicitors Employee Reviews

Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Wakefield9 September 2016
No benefits offered.
Team management supportive.
Good team spirit.
High workloads with poor organization.
Offered good training and I learned what I needed to progress to a Fee Earning position.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Poor organisation of caseloads
Avoid
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  York/Wakefield24 June 2016
Unprofessional. Youre just a number on the phone to them. They dont support staff. They dont care about staffs personal issues/illness when help is asked for.

Call Centre is such a two faced, catty environment, Management only pay attention to you if you brown nose them and flirt with the right people.
Absolutely disgrace of a call centre. Team leaders talk about members of staff in front of everyone, back stab, lie and laughs about it.

They are very quick to take time back off you if you are a few minutes late, but if you have to stay over 10 minutes you wont get it back.

Staff turn over is seriously high as people leave as soon as they can. Training given is diabolical and if you dont work at Minster pace, youre sacked on the spot. Avoid.Avoid. Avoid. Not worth the stress in the slightest.
Pros
No pro's- Not even good colleagues
Cons
Generally a productive and happy environment
Fee Earner (Current Employee) –  City of York, ENG16 October 2015
I am happy with this firm and would recommend it to anyone wanting to work here.

Lots of room for career progression and a healthy working environment.
Unsupportive and dull
Service support officer (Current Employee) –  York17 June 2015
Minster Law Solicitors is very much a company that does not like anybody who has a mind of their own! If you attempt to disagree or makes suggestions for improvements in my experience they will make life difficult for you because you have attempted to their view to rock the boat when in fact you are looking to find improvements.

It is very much a managers are in charge and staff should shut up and do as they are told, yes as a law firm they go through all the correct process to cover themselves but there is a feeling of being bullied and harassed by several workers within the firm!

There is also a very high percentage of managers in the company which is another reason why they are rarely available to support their staff as they spend far to much time in meetings rather than getting things actually done.
Pros
Monthly prize draw. Pensinon
Cons
Very little manaement interaction unless a mistake is made!
Great office to work in with nice people
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  York29 March 2014
Minster Law is an nice place to work. It is the people who make it worth while going to work everyday.
The work is target driven so there is a lot of pressure each day to make sure this is done/achieved.
Minster Law have annual MAFTA awards where you go for a 3 course meal and the company recognise people who have done well over the year. They also have an annual family fun day where you can take you family and friends. It includes a fair, games and performances.
The company look after you and provide fruit and beverages for you throughout the working day.
Pros
Nice people - Annual awards function & family fun day
Cons
Target driven
busy, challenging, fast paced evolving law firm.
Fee Earner (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG28 February 2014
This is a very fast based dymamic company. It is very busy in terms of work and the targets given are very challenging. I enjoy discussing claims with clients but sometimes find the new processes brought in by management which are designed to help me, problematic. My co-workers are nice and freindly and I work as part of a team. My tasks include investigating claims, valuing personal injury medical reports and collating clients expenses and settling claims and court work as well.
Pros
Free car parking
Cons
hours can be long and targets difficult to achieve
Minster Law
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG12 November 2013
In a typical day at work we would deal with inbound car insurance claims, we had targets to meet ourselves and also team targets that we had to meet. The most enjoyable part of the position was that it was always busy, I loves talking to customers and explaining everything clearly. My other skills lie in the ability to read customers, even over the phone and get an idea on how to handle the conversation.
Pros
Excellent for family - Work/life balance and understanding
good to progress
legal assistant (Current Employee) –  wakefield30 January 2013
Minster Law soliictors is a good place to start your career. This company will help you advance along the line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minster Law Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.

Minster Law Solicitors Reviews by Location