Minster Law Solicitors Management reviews

dont bother
Liitgation Fee Earner / Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Wakefield7 October 2019
look of back chatting
enviroment not bad
talk a great game, but dont fall for it
at the start it seem all nice and smiles, but whatever said underneath is totally diffrent
Mundane but great staff
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  York12 June 2019
For the most part I enjoyed my time working at Minster Law. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the training programme was great. Progression within the company was attainable through hard work and the pay was fair for the role I undertook. Management were great, though there was a lot of micromanagement. The role was a mix of data entry and call center style work. Logging vehicle accident claims.
Pros
Staff, Management, Wage
Cons
Micromanagement
Avoid.
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire27 May 2019
I was there for almost 3 years and it meant nothing to them. The office floor is loud and managers stroll around chatting garbage. Pay is low and bonus scheme is dreadful. Makes it difficult for those that consistently do their job and do it well. Must go "above and beyond" but difficult to do when you have to deal with the massive back logs.
Pros
Yearly Ball
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work for
Employment Solicitor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 November 2018
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere;
Approachable management;
Interesting caseload.

The employment law team have the ability to deal together as a team with difficult clients, complicated cases and overwhelming number of cases. No crisis was too big.
Pros
Lovely colleagues, approachable management
Cons
Lots of work
great pay
First Response Advisor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire29 October 2018
good pay, could do better with management. there was some sort of favouritism going on. Some colleagues gossiped about others. There needs to be better chance of progression.
Pros
free tea, coffee and fruits
Cons
Avoid if you can - worst place I have worked for
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 October 2018
I can only speak as a call centre operator and my own experience.
I got ‘let go’ at the end of my probation as I didn’t hit the KPIs and connersion rates for whiplash and injury claims on the calls that were coming in. Main thing they are about is how many people are injured in each accident, it is almost a reward system to try and convince people to claim injury on an accident.
I was pulled into a meeting room and given a disciplinary as I didn’t get a single whiplash claim off a car full of people that had their wing mirror knocked off.

You can’t have a conscience when working here, no morals and the management do not care about the staff sadly. I got on well with a few managers, they knew the system was bent and wrong but sadly one brave voice doesn’t change much.

The staff turnover is high here on the bottom line for a good reason. They had good price giveaways, but sadly didn’t combat the low wage and poor way staff were treated. Sadly at Minster Law you are made to feel like an expendable number.
Pros
Prize giveaways for hitting targets
Cons
Unsociable hours of work due to call centre, staff treated poorly, unfair dismissal, poor management
Minster Law
MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  York23 April 2018
Great company to work for, all levels of management used to be involved with projects from day one, there wasn't anyone within the business who wasn't happy to offer advice or help, the people who I worked with became great friends, and most of all I learnt all I know now about resource planning as I had a great manager and team.
Pros
People
Cons
Commute to Wakefield
Hit & Miss
Litigation Executive (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire1 March 2018
Sometimes this can be the greatest job in the world, other times it is living nightmare.
Plenty of stress with little benefit unless you actively like recovering money for other people.
Pros: Good colleagues, salary
Cons: Management, uncertanty of future
Average
Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Wakefield9 September 2016
No benefits offered.
Team management supportive.
Good team spirit.
High workloads with poor organization.
Offered good training and I learned what I needed to progress to a Fee Earning position.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Poor organisation of caseloads
Avoid
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  York/Wakefield24 June 2016
Unprofessional. Youre just a number on the phone to them. They dont support staff. They dont care about staffs personal issues/illness when help is asked for.

Call Centre is such a two faced, catty environment, Management only pay attention to you if you brown nose them and flirt with the right people.
Absolutely disgrace of a call centre. Team leaders talk about members of staff in front of everyone, back stab, lie and laughs about it.

They are very quick to take time back off you if you are a few minutes late, but if you have to stay over 10 minutes you wont get it back.

Staff turn over is seriously high as people leave as soon as they can. Training given is diabolical and if you dont work at Minster pace, youre sacked on the spot. Avoid.Avoid. Avoid. Not worth the stress in the slightest.
Pros
No pro's- Not even good colleagues
Cons
busy, challenging, fast paced evolving law firm.
Fee Earner (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG28 February 2014
This is a very fast based dymamic company. It is very busy in terms of work and the targets given are very challenging. I enjoy discussing claims with clients but sometimes find the new processes brought in by management which are designed to help me, problematic. My co-workers are nice and freindly and I work as part of a team. My tasks include investigating claims, valuing personal injury medical reports and collating clients expenses and settling claims and court work as well.
Pros
Free car parking
Cons
hours can be long and targets difficult to achieve