Minster Law Solicitors Employee Reviews

dont bother
Liitgation Fee Earner / Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Wakefield7 October 2019
look of back chatting
enviroment not bad
talk a great game, but dont fall for it
at the start it seem all nice and smiles, but whatever said underneath is totally diffrent
lack of investment and poor management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wakefield22 August 2019
When I got the job it was a 5 man team with a good team leader who had vast and related experience and also very good people skills.

unfortunately, we brought on a new Service Delivery Manager and Director of IT who between the two had very little knowledge of IT and were not willing to listen to ideas other than their own.

soon after my team leader left, and a project manager, again who had no experience in IT.

things quickly went downhill, the job queue went up, the benefits went down and despite taking on a lot more responsibility with people leaving, there was no compensation.

I left shortly after as the job became untenable.
Mundane but great staff
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  York12 June 2019
For the most part I enjoyed my time working at Minster Law. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the training programme was great. Progression within the company was attainable through hard work and the pay was fair for the role I undertook. Management were great, though there was a lot of micromanagement. The role was a mix of data entry and call center style work. Logging vehicle accident claims.
Pros
Staff, Management, Wage
Cons
Micromanagement
Avoid.
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire27 May 2019
I was there for almost 3 years and it meant nothing to them. The office floor is loud and managers stroll around chatting garbage. Pay is low and bonus scheme is dreadful. Makes it difficult for those that consistently do their job and do it well. Must go "above and beyond" but difficult to do when you have to deal with the massive back logs.
Pros
Yearly Ball
Cons
low pay
Many Opportunities
Litigation Executive (Former Employee) –  Wakefield9 January 2019
I worked here for many years and made lots of fantastic friends. The people here are the building blocks of the business and have really helped me over the last few years. Colleagues have been supported changing career paths in different areas.

I have received lots of training and been supported in progressing my career.
Fun
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield19 December 2018
Good place to work, great fast-paced environment with reasonable targets and good methods of motivating staff to help you meet those targets. Would reccomend.
The worst firm I’ve ever worked at
Litigation Executive (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire5 November 2018
I have worked for 10 years in this industry at 4 different firms. Minster law was by far the worst. I had double the caseload compared to other firms. A manager who had a conveyancy background & knew nothing about personal injury. Impossible to meet SLAs or offer any client care.
A culture of greed & lack of integrity.
The only good points were the modern office & the family fun day.
Pros
Modern office, family fun day
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work for
Employment Solicitor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 November 2018
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere;
Approachable management;
Interesting caseload.

The employment law team have the ability to deal together as a team with difficult clients, complicated cases and overwhelming number of cases. No crisis was too big.
Pros
Lovely colleagues, approachable management
Cons
Lots of work
great pay
First Response Advisor (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire29 October 2018
good pay, could do better with management. there was some sort of favouritism going on. Some colleagues gossiped about others. There needs to be better chance of progression.
Pros
free tea, coffee and fruits
Cons
Avoid if you can - worst place I have worked for
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 October 2018
I can only speak as a call centre operator and my own experience.
I got ‘let go’ at the end of my probation as I didn’t hit the KPIs and connersion rates for whiplash and injury claims on the calls that were coming in. Main thing they are about is how many people are injured in each accident, it is almost a reward system to try and convince people to claim injury on an accident.
I was pulled into a meeting room and given a disciplinary as I didn’t get a single whiplash claim off a car full of people that had their wing mirror knocked off.

You can’t have a conscience when working here, no morals and the management do not care about the staff sadly. I got on well with a few managers, they knew the system was bent and wrong but sadly one brave voice doesn’t change much.

The staff turnover is high here on the bottom line for a good reason. They had good price giveaways, but sadly didn’t combat the low wage and poor way staff were treated. Sadly at Minster Law you are made to feel like an expendable number.
Pros
Prize giveaways for hitting targets
Cons
Unsociable hours of work due to call centre, staff treated poorly, unfair dismissal, poor management
Fun place, good benefits
Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fulford9 July 2018
good atmosphere and great people, the fam trips and benefits were very good although not great wages, over all quite a positive experience. Not for everyone.
Don't care about staff
First Response Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield2 July 2018
The people i worked with were brilliant, one of the major problems with Minster Law Solicitors is the company/team leaders do not care about the advisors or the clients.

I would not recommend working at Minster Law Solicitors, The salary for the amount of hours and work load you do is very poor.
Pros
Brand new Bulding, Canteen, Good location
Cons
Hours, Workload, Treatment of staff and clients, Salary
Minster Law
MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  York23 April 2018
Great company to work for, all levels of management used to be involved with projects from day one, there wasn't anyone within the business who wasn't happy to offer advice or help, the people who I worked with became great friends, and most of all I learnt all I know now about resource planning as I had a great manager and team.
Pros
People
Cons
Commute to Wakefield
Hit & Miss
Litigation Executive (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire1 March 2018
Sometimes this can be the greatest job in the world, other times it is living nightmare.
Plenty of stress with little benefit unless you actively like recovering money for other people.
Pros: Good colleagues, salary
Cons: Management, uncertanty of future
Fun and Educational Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  York22 November 2017
Everyday was different with working for Minster Law solicitors. We were given 3 weeks training before officially starting with a test at the end. Each day you would receive different phone calls, so no call was the same. The people were lovely to work with and made the work place more enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
had a pyramid system
A modern aproach to an age old industry.
Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire31 October 2017
Minster Law is a firm looking to be the leading name in personal injury.
They pride themselves on never standing still and constantly looking at how they can improve.
Pros
Good rate of pay + benefits
Cons
Not always consistant
fun
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire19 October 2017
I would recommend Minster Law. The place is really has a really easy way getting to as its next to the motorway. Its a welcoming place that will make you feel part of a the big family.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
hours
Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  York9 January 2017
To take inbound calls and dealing with the clients individual needs depending on their situation.
The hardest part of the job was for meeting certain criteria regarding the clients policies.
The most enjoyable part f the job was the sense of satisfaction knowing you had genuinly helped and assisted some one.l
Pros
Great bonuses
Enjoyed working with the girl I was next to
Fee Earner (Former Employee) –  York21 December 2016
Moved as far as i could within the company.
Want a job i can get excited about again and do not feel i can get this at Minster Law Solicitors
Time for a change
Pros
9 - 5 Monday to Friday
Cons
Did not appreciate their employees
Average
Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Wakefield9 September 2016
No benefits offered.
Team management supportive.
Good team spirit.
High workloads with poor organization.
Offered good training and I learned what I needed to progress to a Fee Earning position.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Poor organisation of caseloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minster Law Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.

Minster Law Solicitors Reviews by Location