MINSTER CLEANING SERVICES Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Cleaning
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire31 October 2019
Managment not the best rude,no support,doesnt answer calls,talks over you when you do try discussing a problem(when you are lucky enough to have call answered)just not the best company to work for!!!
Great company to work for.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands31 October 2019
Minster cleaning is a great company to work for, very professional with an effective teamwork between management and cleaners.
Management need to be more understanding with employees that are going through bereavement.
I'll recommend Minster Cleaning Services anyone.
Services to
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands15 September 2019
Minister Cleaning Services the best..
I was able to do that with the best of team create my own initiative and others cleansing my work without supervison.
Good company and hours always available
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 August 2019
Really enjoyed my time working for minster, there are always hours available and that's what I liked. Definitely recommend as a job if you dont mind getting hands dirty as its very rewarding and wont disappoint.
Pros
Excellent work colleagues
Cons
Long hours no family time
Cleaning operative
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire9 August 2019
Work for Minster for nearly a year now. Great company to work for and always polite and asking how things are when I phone for orders or advice about anything.
Bad company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 August 2019
They only wanted me for cover work and when they said after they said they'd give me a permanent job and never did just kept offering me covering work.
I also applied for a part time job in the area and said the job gone even though they was still advertising the job online. Also there was another person covering for the person on the floor below me and when I left he forgot I was in the building locked with me inside it and sensors went off thinking I was an intruder and automaticlly locked all the doors in the building and the police came I would not recommend
working for this company
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Just use for cover work and they are just so ignorant
Good company to work for.
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough28 July 2019
I have worked for Minster for 3 years. Always correct pay. Stock delivery on time when ordered. Management team and office staff excellent. Highly recommend this company. No issues at all when asking for holidays. No problems with odd days off with notice for appointments or emergencies.
Pros
Pleasant to work for.
Cons
None at all.
Be reliable
Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld28 July 2019
Great company to work for with a great team of workers lots of travel involved but I’m looking for a job nearer home , they look after your every need
Easy going management
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire12 July 2019
I've worked for Minster for 5 and half years, its changed management in between but nothings changed, they're great to work for cant fault them in anyway
Pros
Everything, working hours around my child
Lovely company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 July 2019
Great company to work for, lovely and careful management, standard wage but I always got paid on time. Best cleaning company I worked for so far.
Not enough hours and not good when it comes to pay
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire30 June 2019
I have been working for this company since April 2019 at two sites in the Telford area and at first the company was good until it came to stock ordering which took 3 weeks to arrive which at that point hardly had any cleaning equipment left to use,also when it came to end of May payslip arriving they only paid us for 4 weeks work instead of the full 5 weeks due to May being a long month meaning they still owe me a weeks pay which they keep saying isnt correct...Then last week they changed my contracted hours to days I work somewhere else which has reduced my hours to 9hrs a week...Nobody can survive on these hours so my other employer has extra hours to fulltime available so I am seriously considering telling HR and Minster where to go. Thats if i can get hold of them as so far I have found the staff rude and ignorant when it comes to answering calls,messages and emails...
If you have any sense please think before you apply with this company as they will expect you to sign an agreement to the hours they give you then cut them down without telling you,then not finding you replacement hours to cover the hours they took off you in the first place. They also argue with you about incorrect payments that they havent paid you or missed off your monthly payslip...
Pros
Cons
Unreliable hours, argue when you correct them over missing wages, unreachable staff, not enough stock, take weeks to reply
Good company
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 June 2019
Lots of support. Good stocked items. Stock is always late.
People are great!
Places of work are good, but always problems getting holiday cover.
Wages are not bad but not the best.
Pros
Lots of support if needed.
Cons
Stock takes forever
work
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Nottingham24 June 2019
I found is easy to work as a team and on my own each shift was different sometimes they would be straight forward and other times challenging however, we'd troubleshoot the problem.

I learned how to manage time better and keep a high standard of work and organisation skills.

I had the opptunity to work with people from different backgrounds which was insightful as I was able to learn and understand different cultures. I commend the company for being so diverse in how and who they hired.
Pros
diverse
Cons
travel
Good
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Langley, Norfolk24 May 2019
Very high standards of cleaning expected. Good team work/ team leader.
Friendly and approachable management.
A highly recommended company to work for.
Stable and felt appreciated
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gloucester25 April 2019
I worked for minsters for around 7 months. I felt my hard work was appreciated. If I had any issues I would have a reply to my emails quickly and could get hold of them on the phone easily too. I only left due to getting another job with day time hours that suited me better. But would work for them again if ever I needed to.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Un-Sociable hours
Good company to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Leeds23 April 2019
I've worked here since beginning of Jan 2019. Best job I've had. great staff & management hours are good & would recommend working here. Great set of girls I work with can have a laugh as well as getting everything done
Pros
Good team & management
Cons
Seems higher managment happy to let company tick over not good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull20 April 2019
Supervisors are fantastic but they are constantly over worked due to been under staffed
Supervisors doing the cleaning of the cleaners jobs all because upper management wants to spend little money as possible and are happy just to let the company tick over
Also the sheer lack of hours
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
To many to list just avoid
review
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goole12 April 2019
typical day
My responsibilities included: working within a factory environment
cleaning the kitchen and canteen areas, emptying bins, cleaning the staff bathroom,
mopping and vacuuming floors, dusting offices and any other duties as required.
Pros
learning
Cons
nothing
productive
Office and commercial cleaner (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire4 April 2019
Always short of staff, depended on others to much. cleaning materials had to be collected in person from office with very little stock. only one supervisor who never came to sight and was difficult to get hold of
Pros
Based in Derby
Cons
always assumed you will do cover work
Avoid working for this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire26 March 2019
Low paid.
Only had messages off them if it was to criticise your work.
Cleaning supplies takes ages to arrive.
I wasted 2 years of my life with this awful company. I was so relieved when i finally got another job as i could leave minster asap.
Pros
Working on ur own with minimal supervision
Cons
Too much workload not enough time . No friendly communication.