Ministry of Justice Employee Reviews for Administrative Officer

Happy
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham8 February 2018
All staff are nice we all work together. I enjoy working with them. Dealing with private and confidential documents and sensitive information and keeping information together. I great company to work for.
Lack of Communication
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2017
A typical day at the MOJ consists of a lot of email queries that require due diligence, and attention due to the sensitive nature of the data. The organisation constantly requires you to operate outside your role to solve potential issues that may be related to another department. The management team struggle to filter down all the relevant news to its staff that is of significant importance. The job rota is usually understaffed.
Pros
manageable work hours
Cons
lack of structure, and a blame culture
Productive workplace with good atmosphere.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Northampton17 September 2017
A quite varied administration role. The colleagues and management were largely good and the workplace was very professional. Never had any problems while in this role.
relaxed work culture
administrative officer (Current Employee) –  west yorkshire29 July 2017
Good, but not much scope for career advancement.
very basic pay
Balance of work/life is very good
good job security
difficult to transfer job skills to another industry
Good place to start out
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 January 2017
Enjoyed my time here. Ony reason I left as pogression and promotion was hindered due to government cut backs.

Bit of a ratty enviroment but generally everyone kind hearted.

Too many over paid managers.

Too many chiefs not enough actual workers.
Don't bother
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 December 2016
Management in this organisation are only bothered by targets, staff do not matter at all. I worked for them for 9 years and it progressively got a worse place to work. No chance of promotion as the organisation is to top heavy and if you ever think your getting a pay rise think again. The salary may seem good but for what is expected it really isn't.
Pros
Flexi (if you ever get to take it)
Cons
Management, very target driven
Excellent
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 November 2016
Great Job, will continue to work here. very happy with everything. Love everything here. Great pay rates, good environment. Will Stay.
Work is interesting & varied. Lots of good people to work with
Administrative Assistant/Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton21 October 2016
Your co-workers are generally the best thing and the work is different and challenging they are always looking to improve. Down side is although looking to improve, change is actually very slow and is never prepare properly and management isn't that good.
Pros
Flexi
Cons
Time allowed for training isn't that good.
Moj
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Talbot1 October 2016
Only temp jobs available - if you manage to get a permanent position then its less money than temp workers with a lot more responsibility.
Things are constantly changing and you dont tend to stay on the same team for more than a few months.
They do offer flexi time which is a big bonus as you can start and finish early.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
To many changes - no stability
Great Job
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Letters, UK30 June 2016
It was a friendly office environtment, work was straight forward. People there were friendly, all in all a great place to work.
Friendly atmosphere, very professional colleagues.
Temp. Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  London15 June 2016
I helped open and sort incoming post, responded to customer correspondence. Each day I would be given particular task such as opening customer files, file making permission granted, issuing decisions, issuing permission refused. I learned how to answer many telephone calls from customers and law firms. I benefitted a great deal from the traning, advice and examples provided by colleagues, who always had time to help me to become familiar with the work.
Five managers in my time there, good to outstanding professionalism.
Some of the tasks were time consuming and uninteresting, such as checking pages and the numbering of 300 - 400 page files. I most enjoyed serving as Liasion Officer because of greater variety of responsibilities and opportunity for increased communication with the judiciary.
Pros
Flexi time, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Work load increased greatly during some periods
productive place to work
admin officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester13 April 2016
the daily work was good not much of a challenge but generally good, management was good to a certain level. I have learned a lot of the mental health department and how the system works for people. The people who worked there were very helpful and understanding and enjoyed working as a team and on my own.
Pros
flexible
Cons
need a set team leader
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Basildon3 March 2016
Sorting and Processing of attachment of earnings cases. Then taking the payments for these cases. There would be up to 30 to 40 cases a day. It is a pretty relaxed environment as long as we are getting the job done.
Very demanding and mind numbing!
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Regent's Park22 February 2016
Constant changes, bullied by incompetent managers, Have more money than sense. Some of the buildings had inadequite facilities to enable work to be done, eg heating, lighting etc.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Too many targets
Administrative officer
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG4 August 2014
quite busy in work in the morning, minimal support from coworkers, did enjoy my job / work i did
Very productive & fun workplace
Administration Office/Officer of the Court (Former Employee) –  Prince William House, Salford25 May 2014
Having worked in the private sector all my working life, I wanted to experience working in the civil service, which proved to be a very different experience and one that was very challenging.
Pros
Flexi-time working
Cons
Computer data entry 24/7
Challanging and dynamic role
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Dartford, ENG21 January 2014
fixed term contract, in this role I had the following duties:

-create and update court records
-prepare files for heaings
-all administration duties
-process and reconcile court fees
Lively workplace and challenging work.
Admin Assistant / Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Burton-on-Trent19 December 2012
During my time there I learnt a lot about the role I was in, but also a lot about life and work in general from my colleagues. All of the staff were courteous, helpful and fun to be around. The job advancement was excellent, and opportunities were there to be found within the company. Whilst some aspects of the job could be challenging, it was a challenge which was enjoyable and if taken head on then would not cause too many issues. The management were fantastic and very personable people, giving help and advice if/when needed.
Pros
good salary.
Salary good for area, job security not what it was, management thumbs down.
Administration/Court Officer (Former Employee) –  County Court9 May 2012
The Job was extremely stressful at times, the work could vary from mundane to very urgent, you never knew what may happen next. I enjoyed the job for many years and did infact take work home happily until statistics and too many Managers came into play and the staff were kept in the dark about major decisions. I enjoyed dealing with the public (most of the time!) and making a difference to peoples' lives, and thoroughly enjoyed the relationship I had with the Judiciary. Not all co-workers are enjoyable to work with but thankfully you don't have to take them home with you, we all have our 'quirks', but mostly I have made friends for life.
Pros
annual leave entitlement, flexible working pattern.
Cons
too many statistics, lack of funding constantly, bad management