Ministry of Justice Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

interesting job , bad organisational skills
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon16 July 2018
Current manager very lacking in all areas
Not a people person, has never done to job yet tries to change/implement new ways of working that do not make sense
I enjoyed a lots in this company
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 March 2018
Open post and sort into relevant categories,
Data input the drivers details into the MOJ
System,
Input and check amounts of fine payment via cheques and debit cards,
Correspondence with offending drivers regarding any errors with their details,
Field phone calls from the offending drivers regarding their fines.
Also phone calls and emails to the police regarding fines,
Other duties-
Scanning and photocopying documents
I enjoyed a lots excelent company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
Great training, great team ethos and great management. Sadly the pay is low which was the only reason to leave.
Flexible work patterns, so great for childcare.
Excellent workplace with good ethics
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex12 March 2017
Meaningful and pro-active position with good working environment. Worked within Ministry of Justice for many years and thoroughly enjoyed varied role. Often extremely challenging in difficult circumstances but extremely worthwhile
Pros
Excellent work colleagues
Established
USHER/ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2016
Collating.
Disposing
Customer Service
How records are kept.
Good coworkers.
Meeting and greeting new people everyday.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
no canteen
Productive and Fun work place
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 November 2016
Excellent people to have worked with, very caring and considerate managers.
Lovely co-workers always willing to give you helping hand and very supportive. Overall i had really enjoyed my time in the department of justice and was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work within a wonderful team of people.
Pros
Good management
nice place to work
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  London27 September 2016
working here as a temp. It's a nice place to start off. Management needs to be more organised, other than that decent place to work. I have developed the ability to multi task, deal with difficult clients. My self confidence has grown.
Pros
flexibility with work hours
Cons
Bad Management, lack of organisation
Nice and welcome staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 December 2015
Was chosen wrong position, which was not right to my skills.
I have applied for Admin Assistant position, but during my training I realized I have done a mistake because administrative assistant is very basic and mostly involved to do messenger role like a photocopying, sorting posts, scanning which I really did not like to do.
I preferred to do Admin Officer role which I really enjoyed to do, it involved doing responses, en queries, reviewing different cases. It was very interesting position for me.
Unfortunately, they didn't need any more Admin Officers and I left my job.
Excellent Opportunity
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG11 November 2015
This was a temp job through an agency which was an excellent opportunity for me to work on perfecting my admin skills. I enjoyed working with the people that I joined with and I'm grateful for the opportunity
productive, case sensitive environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  HMCTS, 2 Park Street, Cardiff1 June 2014
good working environment
Between September 2013 and May 2014 I have worked as a front line civil servant in the family section of Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service, part of the Ministry of Justice.

In that role I gained and increased skills in creating and updating files accurately and to deadlines, dealing with the general public via the telephone, post, email and face to face.

I enjoy building professional and friendly relationships with clients, in the knowledge that my performance will hopefully lead to repeat custom with the firm I am employed by. I believe that every satisfied client is a potential repeat client or can generate new business through positive ‘word-of-mouth’.

I have a strong work ethic, having experienced the necessity of work and the value, pride and enjoyment one can draw from having done a good job and exceeded expectations of the role. I believe that my mature outlook on work can be an asset to an employer as I can draw on life experience from the world of work and family management.
I am not satisfied with a job done merely adequately. I like to see myself, my skills and my motivation, reflected in the product of my efforts. I can adapt to any type of working environment and task in hand and conduct myself professionally and with focus on my end goal.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
fixed term contracts